SiouxSports.com Forum

Frozen Four Detroit

Bignellyxx

My wife and I plan on going to all the Frozen Four's despite the teams. Last year I read during the Final Four that staying in Windsor might be a better option. I spoke with someone that said transportation and customs shouldn't be that big of an issue.

Just wondering how many of you guys are going to the FF and what you have found for decent lodging, transportation...etc

My wife and I plan on going to all the Frozen Four's despite the teams. Last year I read during the Final Four that staying in Windsor might be a better option. I spoke with someone that said transportation and customs shouldn't be that big of an issue.

Just wondering how many of you guys are going to the FF and what you have found for decent lodging, transportation...etc

Customs??

I was just checking out the frozen four since the Sioux are now playing like they might just make it there and I started to think about the tourney being in Ford Field.

Am I alone in my thinking that watching a hockey game in a football arena would suck. If you're close, your low, and looking through the boards at the play and to be up at all means your a mile away!

What is with doing that. Why not have it in The Redwings digs??

It's bad enough that it's in Detroit, at least they could have a good arena to watch the games.

Oh well, I'll go regardless. I guess I am still bumbed out about missing a cool trip to DC!

I really hope we are loaded the year after next cause Florida will be sweeeet! Lammy, Blood, Toews and Hexey will be seniors and Knight, MacWilliam, Gleason, Cinchy, Rowney and Kristo(??) will be Juniors (Gregoire will be histo). Add all of them to some good incoming talent and we should all start planning some volunteer work for disney tickets now! :D

File:FordField-2008NCAAtournament-MidwestRegional.jpg

I could sell you some property in downtown Detroit if you are interested. Very Cheap.

I was just checking out the frozen four since the Sioux are now playing like they might just make it there and I started to think about the tourney being in Ford Field.

Am I alone in my thinking that watching a hockey game in a football arena would suck. If you're close, your low, and looking through the boards at the play and to be up at all means your a mile away!

What is with doing that. Why not have it in The Redwings digs??

It's bad enough that it's in Detroit, at least they could have a good arena to watch the games.

Oh well, I'll go regardless. I guess I am still bumbed out about missing a cool trip to DC!

I really hope we are loaded the year after next cause Florida will be sweeeet! Lammy, Blood, Toews and Hexey will be seniors and Knight, MacWilliam, Gleason, Cinchy, Rowney and Kristo(??) will be Juniors (Gregoire will be histo). Add all of them to some good incoming talent and we should all start planning some volunteer work for disney tickets now! :D

File:FordField-2008NCAAtournament-MidwestRegional.jpg

DC was awesome!!

I was looking at the possibility of staying in Windsor too. It looks like rooms in downtown Detroit are hard to come by. I found something online that said customs is not a big issue between the two cities.

I was looking at the possibility of staying in Windsor too. It looks like rooms in downtown Detroit are hard to come by. I found something online that said customs is not a big issue between the two cities.

I'm driving up from the Cincinatti area, only 4 hours. Has anyone checked out any hotels yet? It would be great to have a sea of 'garish' green in one place!

If you have a passport, crossing the border shouldn't be an issue. If you don't, it can become more difficult. One very large potential problem area for some people is if you or anyone in your group has a drug conviction or a DWI/DUI on your record in the U.S. With a drug conviction, you likely will not be allowed to cross. With a DWI/DUI, they will let you cross after you pay the Canadian fine for such a violation. It happened to a guy in our Canada fishing trip group. He had a DWI on his record that was over 20 years old. It cost him about $200 for the Canadian fine for that very old incident. It would be best to check with customs well before the trip to find out if any prior U.S. convictions will be an issue.

I am staying at the Hilton Garden Inn 2 blocks from Ford Field. I got the rooms on Easter last year at $149 a night before they jacked up the rate. If the Sioux do not go I will have 1-2 extra rooms. I will not know if they are available until the sioux are out or in the Frozen Four but if anyone is interested you can let me know.

Thanks for the reply.

I am looking at staying in the Windsor Riverfront Raddisson. I have a ton of points for a free stay and discounted stays i never thought i would use

Time to fire up the bus. Who's ready? Detroit is but 680 miles from the Twin Cities, and not much

farther for those in the Great State.

Sure, the venue will suck, but there are seats to be had and to be filled with Sioux fans.

What better karma might there be than a team loaded with talent, on a mission in March, playing for themselves

and for their injured captain, in a relatively even year all across the college hockey landscape, ten years after the last title,

and perhaps, but only perhaps, in the last year of the Fighting Sioux name and logo, returning

to Detroit to claim another Crown?

We've got four in the lower level from the lottery, and just picked up two sweet ice side tickets

off of USCHO from a knowledgeable and friendly BC fan who cannot go this year.

Time to give the trusty old Ford Exploder the once over for yet another Fighting Sioux road trip.

160K miles on the jalopy since 2003, mostly to Sioux hockey games. The Exploder returns to Detroit, to

the great Ford Motor Company, and to Ford Field, full of earnest and friendly die-hard Sioux fans.

All roads are pointing to Detroit. Make your plans now if you can.

Championship No. 8 is here in about 37 days. It is preordained. Be there, if your circumstances so allow.

Get your tickets now. There are good ones, to the extent that there are good ones in Ford Field, to be had.

Time to fire up the bus. Who's ready? Detroit is but 680 miles from the Twin Cities, and not much

Sure, the venue will suck, but there are seats to be had and to be filled with Sioux fans.

What better karma might there be than a team loaded with talent, on a mission in March, playing for themselves

and for their injured captain, in a relatively even year all across the college hockey landscape, ten years after the last title,

and perhaps, but only perhaps, in the last year of the Fighting Sioux name and logo, returning

We've got four in the lower level from the lottery, and just picked up two sweet ice side tickets

Time to give the trusty old Ford Exploder the once over for yet another Fighting Sioux road trip.

160K miles on the jalopy since 2003, mostly to Sioux hockey games. The Exploder returns to Detroit, to

the great Ford Motor Company, and to Ford Field, full of earnest and friendly die-hard Sioux fans.

Championship No. 8 is here in about 37 days. It is preordained. Be there, if your circumstances so allow.

Get your tickets now. There are good ones, to the extent that there are good ones in Ford Field, to be had.

now this gets you pumped for the post season :sad: sioux fans are the best and so many travel miles upon miles to watch them in person and many spend their weekends across the country on webcasts and web radio ect..... cant beat it and i hope to be in detroit if they make it! go sioux and nice post

That is an AWESOME POST!

I know this should probably go in the ticket forum, but since this thread is talking about the Frozen Four I thought I'd mention it here. I have a couple extra tickets available for the Frozen Four. They are located in section 241. Send me a PM if you have any interest and I can get you details.

I'm going to be there, my 6th in a row! I'm only a four hour drive from Detroit, I hope to see the Fighting Sioux there!!! :sad:

nice..will be 6 in a row for me as well if i can make it and 8th overall including providence and albany in 2000 and 2001. great trips and memories!