SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ ST. CLOUD

AZSIOUX

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITd8XYiiviA

Look out St Clown! The team thats coming this weekend is not the happiest buch of men. Marvin, You may see a couple fists to the face! :glare:

funny as ive read scsu fans asking which sioux player will goon it up or cheap shot marvin. if its handled it will be handled the right way. why would any sioux player or college hockey player want to skate a bit out of the way to cross check a player from behind face first into the boards and end his season? i cant imagine anyone doing that in the league, oh wait. it has happened. of course he didnt mean to end his season but bottom line he did it and it was a bush league hit that has no place in the game of hockey. the problem is the punishment for hits like this arent stiff enough as we all have discussed. go sioux!! sweep the one and doners and get this end stretch rolling the right way!

come on sioux! pick it up this weekend and wcha points are at a premiuim right now!!

It goes without saying there will most likely be some sort of retaliation. If so, let's get it out of the way right away and focus on winning games. Febuary is going to be a stressful and hopefully exciting month. Go Sioux!

exactly. this a very crucial stretch but last weekends pairwise help was so huge. lets hope the sioux can take advantage and win a nice amount before the wcha playoffs start. i always enjoyed games at the nhc as a sioux fan. get that place loud sioux fans!!

It goes without saying there will most likely be some sort of retaliation. If so, let's get it out of the way right away and focus on winning games. Febuary is going to be a stressful and hopefully exciting month. Go Sioux!

I would bet there will be retaliation but it will be with in the hockey code. It will not be the same type of brutal, guttless, dirty hit that marvin put Chay. Or it wil be a drop the mitts...

I would bet there will be retaliation but it will be with in the hockey code. It will not be the same type of brutal, guttless, dirty hit that marvin put Chay. Or it wil be a drop the mitts...

this is too important of a series and stretch to have a regular drop the mitts and be gone sat as well. would we really want to see hill out there if say blood did it on fri? I don't think so. I've also heard Hak say in years past there comes a point in the season where he won't allow this stuff to happen because the games are too important, especially in our present situation. the best retaliation would be for us too sweep 'em.

this is too important of a series and stretch to have a regular drop the mitts and be gone sat as well. would we really want to see hill out there if say blood did it on fri? I don't think so. I've also heard Hak say in years past there comes a point in the season where he won't allow this stuff to happen because the games are too important, especially in our present situation. the best retaliation would be for us too sweep 'em.

Agreed!!!

The best thing to happen would be to have Davidson go out there grab him and tell him he is going and you better be ready to start swinging.

if this isn't settle it will fester like the Paukovich thing did. That hit has to be answered for.

no defensemen should even think about it, no way as i agree with your take here. it all depends on the timing. lets sweep these guys. would be great to see the sioux get going again!!

I do not want this to fester all weekend. Lets get it settled first 5 min of Friday. We may lose a couple guys and so might they. Then we can start with trying like hell to get as many points as possible.

That said, I am going to the Saturday game with my gf and two family members. The family are SCSU alums. This is my first ever sioux game in an opponents Barn. I am rediculously excited. I will be cheering loud, anyone else there, feel free to join me.

GO SIOUX!!!!

prediction, 3 pts.

I do not want this to fester all weekend. Lets get it settled first 5 min of Friday. We may lose a couple guys and so might they. Then we can start with trying like hell to get as many points as possible.

That said, I am going to the Saturday game with my gf and two family members. The family are SCSU alums. This is my first ever sioux game in an opponents Barn. I am rediculously excited. I will be cheering loud, anyone else there, feel free to join me.

GO SIOUX!!!!

prediction, 3 pts.

3 points would be nice!

hope hextall is back!

The best thing to happen would be to have Davidson go out there grab him and tell him he is going and you better be ready to start swinging.

if this isn't settle it will fester like the Paukovich thing did. That hit has to be answered for.

do we even know if davidson is even good at fighting? people kept saying the same thing about finley because of his size and didn't get his ass kicked in his first pro game?

I guess that's why you are a goon :)

I believe in the hockey code and you don't take runs with dirty hits at all-star players without paying a price.

its one thing to hit someone with a legal hit, but to do what Marvin did is unacceptable and he has yet to

pay for his transgressions. If a Sioux player had taken out Roe, it would be expect that they would pay the

piper.

do we even know if davidson is even good at fighting? people kept saying the same thing about finley because of his size and didn't get his ass kicked in his first pro game?

joe finley's first nhl fight:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbYe1vgQjoA...feature=related

looks like he won handily in that one. although i do think he got worked in another non-nhl pro fight.

Knowing St Cloud I highly doubt their players would drop the gloves. This is a team that has prided itself on low penalty totals. With the Shepherds there everyone will be looking for the Sioux to retailiate. The way you do this is hit them every time they touch the puck, make them pay to get into the zone, and pay special attention to Roe and Lasch so that by the end of the game their entire team is battered and bruised but even more importantly we are ahead on the scoreboard. Play physical, tough hockey and win the game.

Like I said, if we challenged Marvin or anyone else to go I'm guessing we'd see them hiding behind their coach.

Just win baby!

Knowing St Cloud I highly doubt their players would drop the gloves. This is a team that has prided itself on low penalty totals. With the Shepherds there everyone will be looking for the Sioux to retailiate. The way you do this is hit them every time they touch the puck, make them pay to get into the zone, and pay special attention to Roe and Lasch so that by the end of the game their entire team is battered and bruised but even more importantly we are ahead on the scoreboard. Play physical, tough hockey and win the game.

Like I said, if we challenged Marvin or anyone else to go I'm guessing we'd see them hiding behind their coach.

Just win baby!

I see your point but there is also a downside to not fighting. Everyone (including Shep and Hunt) knows this series could be a powder keg. They are going to be watching everything like hawks. If the Sioux try to play physical, I think they could end up taking a lot of penalties. Borderline high hit? Sit for elbowing. Hard hit in the corner? Boarding. They are not going to let this series get away from them. Best thing would be to drop them early and take care of it. Then everyone can play hockey and the refs might feel more inclined to swallow the whistles.

I see your point but there is also a downside to not fighting. Everyone (including Shep and Hunt) knows this series could be a powder keg. They are going to be watching everything like hawks. If the Sioux try to play physical, I think they could end up taking a lot of penalties. Borderline high hit? Sit for elbowing. Hard hit in the corner? Boarding. They are not going to let this series get away from them. Best thing would be to drop them early and take care of it. Then everyone can play hockey and the refs might feel more inclined to swallow the whistles.

I see your point but my take is to borrow a term from Chili. Batter them until you "impose your will upon them". Sure, you'll take a few penalties but make them afraid to get close to the net or go in the corners.