SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs DENVER

AZSIOUX

If the Sioux can make a 4th seed in the NCAA, and Denver a 1st Seed, we could meet them at the X in the first round.

Hopefully we can repay them with a 1 to 0 defeat.

All a team has to do is win four games in the NCAA tourney, Denver proved that you do not have to be the best team to win it all, as in 2004.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Sioux can make a 4th seed in the NCAA, and Denver a 1st Seed, we could meet them at the X in the first round.

All a team has to do is win four games in the NCAA tourney, Denver proved that you do not have to be the best team to win it all, as in 2004.

This Sioux team wants nothing to do with having to play Denver in a meaningful game.

Yeah... why don't we just wait to play Denver next year (0-4 this year) so we can save ourselves some embarrassment. We can't beat them on the road, we can't beat them at home, they are better then us, and I think their season sweep of us has shown that.

The best case scenario would be not to embarrass ourselves anymore then we already have and at least try to get a couple wins the rest of the season.

On the way back from Fargo last pm, was listening to the postgame with TH and his sidekick, Ole, I believe. At the very end Ole made reference in great detail to Kristo. Great skill and talent, but has not been able to fit in with WHOEVER he plays along side. Definitely doesn't feel he is the right fit with Trupp/Malone. Ole felt that Kristo needs to give the puck up more and more quickly than he does. Basically said Kristo is the key to getting this offensive on track and that he needs to play on a line where he can get/create more time and space for himself.

Ole also referenced our goaltending play...getting a save when you need it the most and we don't seem to get that.

hope the sioux can figure it out before the next series. luckily they will have more time to heal up with the bye but man this weekend sucked

go sioux

Hakstol alluded to the fact that Hexy should be back for the next series.

On the way back from Fargo last pm, was listening to the postgame with TH and his sidekick, Ole, I believe. At the very end Ole made reference in great detail to Kristo. Great skill and talent, but has not been able to fit in with WHOEVER he plays along side. Definitely doesn't feel he is the right fit with Trupp/Malone. Ole felt that Kristo needs to give the puck up more and more quickly than he does. Basically said Kristo is the key to getting this offensive on track and that he needs to play on a line where he can get/create more time and space for himself.

Ole also referenced our goaltending play...getting a save when you need it the most and we don't seem to get that.

its maturity. kristo is young and needs some time to grow up. you can see it in him that he is going to be good. but we need to remember he is only 18/19 and not all develope at the same rate.

This year's team has plenty of speed & skill, but they don't have anyone performing at a level like Denver's Rackshani (or Chevy). A few more saves at key moments, or a few more plays where our offensive guys refuse to be denied, and this team wouldn't be in such a pickle.

Getting Hextall back will help a little, but we fans have to face the giant trend this year. Inconsistent performance by our key guys is killing this season.

One more thing - I want to see this team start to get mad and throw their weight around a bit more out there. This year, the team is too damn nice!

Oddly I don't feel as bad after Saturday as I did after Friday. At least the better team won Saturday. The Sioux just got beat by a good team; it's going to happen sometimes. I find games like Friday where the Sioux are clearly the better team and lose extremely frustrating, much like Friday at Cornell and Friday at MN with the tie.

What now? They need to find something that will generate a few sweeps against good teams. It's hard to see, but it could happen. To be honest, SCSU, UMD and CC are looking ahead and starting to think sweep themselves. I believe the guys know what it means to play for UND a lot more than we do, so I'll hope they can pull it together.