SiouxSports.com Forum

Future Recruits

dakotadan

• 4 weeks later...

USCHO has us for commitments from Lynn Astrup, D, from Warroad, and Kara Tupa, F, from Fargo. I wouldn't anticipate many beyond that unless they are able to land someone with high-end talent.

This team is incredibly young. Of the 20 players who have played 8 or more games this year, only Karvinen is a senior and there are 3 juniors. Idalski suits up 8 freshmen and 8 sophomores almost every night. Plus, Soph Leah Jensen is still out and has yet to play.

Welcome to the board!

Tell us what know about Kolstad.

She’s a good kid. Currently a Jr. She is big, strong and fast, 5’-11”. 3 sport varsity letter winner as a 7th grader. 1st liner since 7th grade. All State honorable mention in hockey - 10th grade. Was named Top Forward and Top Scorer at Hockey Night in Boston this past August. National Development Camp attendee. Good team player, pass first, shoot second mentality. Loves to back/fore check. Plays center in HS, will be a forward in college.

She’s a good kid. Currently a Jr. She is big, strong and fast, 5’-11”. 3 sport varsity letter winner as a 7th grader. 1st liner since 7th grade. All State honorable mention in hockey - 10th grade. Was named Top Forward and Top Scorer at Hockey Night in Boston this past August. National Development Camp attendee. Good team player, pass first, shoot second mentality. Loves to back/fore check. Plays center in HS, will be a forward in college.

Thanks for the info. Are you her proud dad? If so, congrats. We look forward to Rebekah joining the Sioux. It sounds like she will be a great addition in a couple of years!

Heck I am happy for her. Just stating the truth and I know many who would be much more harsh. She is young and has talent .With the proper coaching she will do alright. I hope she does well for the Sioux. Now if they want a stud from South it is the Woken girl who went to Shattuck. The best I have seen in this state and she is only a sophomore.

Interesting you mentioned Woken. It appears Minnesota has interest in her as she verbally committed to them for 2016.

• 2 weeks later...

I read UMD's list of signed recruits for 2014 and it included Lynn Astrup. Interesting as I thought she had originally committed to UND.

She did commit to UND as like an 8th or 9th grader....but she did in fact sign with UMD. UND is extremely young though. Before this, they only had her and the Tupa kid coming in for 2014-15. I am assuming Idalski will fill that spot at some point.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...