SiouxSports.com Forum

Indian Country Today

GeauxSioux

I was going to post in the Media Stories thread, but you can hardly call this media.

She has a dream :p:angry:

I think it is hilarious someone calls that Journalism. Where are the facts, dates, where it happened who was involed even a police report number of the violence that erupted. I think that is what they hope happens and not something that ever has. What a joke.

I am very Norwegian and I could say the same thing if I wanted about any school named Vikings. The high school I went to were called the Norseman, I was so made fun of and constantly humiliated because they all knew I was a Norse person. I should have demanded they change their name. That is how ridiculous their argument is. It does not hold water.

You can be offended by anything in this world if you want to be.

Educational opportunities are being denied to Native Americans because of the mascot and the fear of going to a campus where a whole group of tribes is up for ridicule. In a sense, there is justice in the denial of the opportunities to the UND athletic program

That rant was your typical Leigh Jennotte follower, that is the rhetoric that has continued to fuel this nonsense. Why do the native american

students that continue to wear the logo and support the nickname get ridiculed and attacked by the opponents of the nickname/logo. My sister and

several of her native friends continue to wear the logo when attending campus native american group activities. Any of those individuals stand up, and

show support of the nickname logo, and they get dismissed as uneducated and ignorant, not understanding the issue, yet they are all either holding doctorate, or

working towards a masters degree, my sister and her friends fit this category. Myself, I'm an attorney, I attended UND, and I observed native students being

afforded not simply three years to attain a law degree, but however long it took to complete the curriculum. I did it in three years, did not need to do it on Indian

time.

That rant was your typical Leigh Jennotte follower, that is the rhetoric that has continued to fuel this nonsense. Why do the native american

students that continue to wear the logo and support the nickname get ridiculed and attacked by the opponents of the nickname/logo. My sister and

several of her native friends continue to wear the logo when attending campus native american group activities. Any of those individuals stand up, and

show support of the nickname logo, and they get dismissed as uneducated and ignorant, not understanding the issue, yet they are all either holding doctorate, or

working towards a masters degree, my sister and her friends fit this category. Myself, I'm an attorney, I attended UND, and I observed native students being

afforded not simply three years to attain a law degree, but however long it took to complete the curriculum. I did it in three years, did not need to do it on Indian

time.

Easy...you know your experiences or the experiences of others you referenced are inaccurate and irrelevant because none of you are on the "right" side of this controversy.

You spouting off about someone else's professional prowess, so what is it that you call a profession, reading anybody's opinion and

then making a disparaging remark about their professional prowess, no you have nothing to base such a personal attack upon, and

your one of the one's on the "right side of the issue" same !@#$ different day.

You spouting off about someone else's professional prowess, so what is it that you call a profession, reading anybody's opinion and

then making a disparaging remark about their professional prowess, no you have nothing to base such a personal attack upon, and

your one of the one's on the "right side of the issue" same !@#$ different day.

Don't cry little guy. The internet can be a pretty tough neighborhood. I take it you do a lot of pro bono work.