SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ CORNELL

AZSIOUX

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest with you Cornell guy you should be lucky you got 2 points out of this weekend. You were playing a team that has two or three of its top players out and have been having some bad luck as of lately. I will give you credit for the win on Friday but lets be honest we don't hang banners in our rink for NCAA Tourny appearances we hang NCAA Championship banners. I think that says a lot of where the two programs are.

At first I was embarrassed that a Sioux fan would post this to a reasonable fan of another team who has been a very good guest, IMO, on this site. Then I realized with that level of arrogance you must really be a gopher fan in disguise so I felt better.

Dude, with all due respect...you (Cornell) is equivalent to a 5th place squad in WCHA. St Cloud, UMD, CC, Denver, UMN- Twin Cities, Mankato, all have tougher or equal places to play. Your 4200 seat arena has some character...but nothing different than 4-8 teams in the WCHA. I agree with others, ECAC should be name ECEZ. (easy)

Actually the common representation is EZAC. Let's get it right, OK? :(

@LetsGoSioux.......a lot of !@#$-talking from a fan whose team only managed to split their last four games against Cornell.

Dude, with all due respect...you (Cornell) is equivalent to a 5th place squad in WCHA.

........which would currently put us one spot ahead of you guys. :(

St Cloud, UMD, CC, Denver, UMN- Twin Cities, Mankato, all have tougher or equal places to play. Your 4200 seat arena has some character...but nothing different than 4-8 teams in the WCHA.

I have never been to any of those arenas so I can't comment. And quite frankly, I don't care. What does arena capacity have to do with Cornell's place in the WCHA standings?

I agree with others, ECAC should be name ECEZ. (easy)

At least Goon was able to come up with the right acronym......"EZAC."

Again..with all due respect...win a title...I mean ONE title...and maybe I will speak to you. Harsh? Yes....but that is REAL.

There are a few NCAA championship banners hanging from the rafters at Lynah. Sure they may not be recent titles, but they're titles nevertheless. CU has also been fairly competitive against all levels of competition in the modern era. This is indisputable. You can see for yourself, since you don't appear to be the most knowledgeable poster that I've ever come across.......

http://www.uscho.com/schedules/team.php/co...r/gender,m.html

Apparently your school's athletics department has more respect for our program than you do. Otherwise they wouldn't have agreed to travel over 1,000 miles to play two games at our "measly" 4,000-seat arena.

I could see Maine fans talking !@#$ to Saint Lawrence fans after the Black Bears pounded SLU by some ridiculous score like 10-1.......but neither Cornell fans nor UND fans could talk that kind of !@#$ and expect to be taken seriously after this recent series. While I would honestly say that North Dakota was the better team overall this past weekend, it wasn't like an NHL team playing against a Junior B squad. A hypothetical NCAA tournament game between our two teams could go either way, though I would probably predict UND to squeeze out a victory assuming they are working with a healthy lineup.

Apparently your school's athletics department has more respect for our program than you do. Otherwise they wouldn't have agreed to travel over 1,000 miles to play two games at our "measly" 4,000-seat arena.

I appreciate the fact that UND is willing to travel, especially out east, to play other top tier teams. It's good for our program and great for college hockey. Would be nice to see other WCHA teams follow suit.

I appreciate the fact that UND is willing to travel, especially out east, to play other top tier teams. It's good for our program and great for college hockey. Would be nice to see other WCHA teams follow suit.

Hear hear!

/wishes this forum had a "cheers" emoticon

Minnesota and Wisconsin won't they have big expensive athletic departments to fund. :( The benifits of being a big ten + 1 team. :p

Minnesota and Wisconsin won't they have big expensive athletic departments to fund. :( The benifits of being a big ten + 1 team. :p

uw went out to unh and bc last year, cc went out to unh a couple of years ago. DU has gone out to maine in the past few years as well, UMD has gone out to vermont a couple of time in the last five years I believe as well. I thought that minny was going to out to unh next year?

uw went out to unh and bc last year, cc went out to unh a couple of years ago. DU has gone out to maine in the past few years as well, UMD has gone out to vermont a couple of time in the last five years I believe as well. I thought that minny was going to out to unh next year?

If true, its about time they travel outside the Big 10 for a non-conf game.

In the long run, it is good for the players to be tested in tough/new environments.

That was in the past they have the new policy the announced this season... UND has been the best traveling to teams in far away places.

The started and ended the season on the east coast last season.

Wow!

The INCH man-love for the Sioux continues!

A split moves UND up 3 spots to #4 in the Power Rankings!

Not saying UND is #4 in the nation, but INCH has Cornell at #5? :( Both are up higher than they should be.

But after this weekend whereever Cornell is ranked, we should definately be higher than them IMO.

Not saying UND is #4 in the nation, but INCH has Cornell at #5? :( Both are up higher than they should be.

But after this weekend whereever Cornell is ranked, we should definately be higher than them IMO.

I tweeted that concern to Gladdy from INCH as well.

UND is higher than SCSU and Duluth? the pairwise have us where we should be around 10th. I don't know why when poeple talk about so and so is rankled 1st or whatever they don't use the pairwise. some networks when it comes to college football just use the BCS rankings not the other irrelevant polls. so in other this weekend we have 2 vs 10 at the ralph.