Great West Conference Weekly Press Release

RealTimeRPI.com predicts a 17 point loss for North Dakota

Game will be televised on Midcontinent Channel 23

SOUTH DAKOTA QUICKFACTS

• Enrollment of 9,597
  • Located in Vermillion, SD
  • First University establishied in the Dakota Territory in 1862
  • Notable Alums include Tom Brokaw, Pat O'Brien, and Al Neuharth
  • Have played one common opponent with North Dakota: Drake (lost by 15)
  • North Dakota is 96-86 all time vs. South Dakota
  • The Sioux defeated the Coyotes 68-66 in their last meeting back in March of '09
  • USD was picked to finish 1st in the GWC Preseason Poll
  • Tyler Cain was the GWC Preseason Player of the Year
  • Won NCAA National Championship in 1958

UND 64

USD 74

Final.

The game was actually closer than this. With about 4 minutes left the shots just started not going in for the Sioux and we gave up a few too many offensive rebounds to USD. With about 2 minutes left the refs called a questionable intentional/flagerant foul. Looked like a BS call to me. Very next play they called a second on the Sioux. The second one was a harder foul but he was still going for the ball. Either way with the 2 intentional calls USD ended up having the ball for about a minute straight.

Field Goals 25/55 USD 16/55

3 Pointers 9/22 USD 6/23

Free Throws 5/13 USD 36/52

Turnsovers 18 USD 7

Rebounds 39 USD 42

If you look at just the Field Goals and 3 Pointers the Sioux won the game. Anyone else see a glaring irregularity in the Free Throw department. And the turnover difference isn't real nice either. Even those two out a bit and the Sioux come away with a big W.

This is sad. 15 posts on the UND/USD basketball game thread, 253 posts on the UND//Minnesota hockey thread. I know hockey is the tail that wags the dog, but come on!

Maybe a 3-15 record and years of frustration have something to do with it. ;) If you have so much interest, stop the hypocritical comments and post during the game yourself. :huh:

Despite a poor year so far I think UND fans should be proud of the way their team played in their last couple of road games. I was at the games in Vermillion and I thought the UND men played better in a losing effort than the UND women in a winning effort. There was quite a discrepency in the free throws shot for sure. I guess the Coyotes were making quite a bit more effort getting to the basket. Since the Yotes play zone it tends to lead to more outside shooting by their opponents but maybe fewer inside fouls called. You did a very nice job of holding the Coyotes to 29% shooting as they almost never shoot that poorly. As far as the intentional fouls it's really tough to say. There were a good 2 or 3 instances where Coyote players fell very hard to the floor. On one or maybe both of them the int fouls were called. UND played physical and fair in my opinion. I would suppose when a player slams to the floor and there is contact an official is naturally going to be a bit quick to call the int foul.

This is sad. 15 posts on the UND/USD basketball game thread, 253 posts on the UND//Minnesota hockey thread. I know hockey is the tail that wags the dog, but come on!

You can wish it differently because of personal likes, but we live in a world of reality and the general overall interest right now is hockey.