Live Stats

Great West Conference Weekly Press Release---PDF

RealTimeRPI.com predicts a 10 point win for Utah Valley

UTAH VALLEY QUICK-FACTS

• Enrollment of over 26,000
  • Located in Orem, UT
  • Became active Division I member in 2009
  • Picked to finish 2nd in Great West Conference Preseason Poll
  • Has had one common opponent thus far with UND: Texas-Arlington (Lost 85-90)
  • Opened the season with an 80-72 victory over NDSU
  • Recorded a victory in the first ever Great West Conference game (48-43 over Chicago St.)
  • 2nd largest public university in the state of Utah

Nice home win for the Sioux but based on RPI (323 v 337) weren't we favored to win?

Perhaps in a sense, but it was hard to believe UND should be a favorite on the road against anybody in dI, let alone against a team that actually has a couple of dI wins to their credit.

Perhaps in a sense, but it was hard to believe UND should be a favorite on the road against anybody in dI, let alone a team that actually had a couple of dI wins to their credit.

My bad...for some reason I thought the Sioux were at home tonight...a win on the road is even better.

GO SIOUX

Utah Valley beat the Bison by 8. Und beat Utah Valley by 5. I guess UND would beat the Bison by 13. Even so the Bison don't have a bad little team. Go Sioux.

Wow, I guess its a good thing Coach McDermott didn't put the Sioux on the schedule this year. If the Sioux are 13 points better than the Bison and Iowa State onlt beat the Bison by 2, that means UND would have beaten Iowa State by double digits.

Oh wait, they did play, and Iowa State won by 30. Oops, my bad.

Nice win tonight though. Miles alway said UVSU hired their own refs and they were employees of the school.

Wow, I guess its a good thing Coach McDermott didn't put the Sioux on the schedule this year. If the Sioux are 13 points better than the Bison and Iowa State onlt beat the Bison by 2, that means UND would have beaten Iowa State by double digits.

Oh wait, they did play, and Iowa State won by 30. Oops, my bad.

Nice win tonight though. Miles alway said UVSU hired their own refs and they were employees of the school.

congrats on the first d-1 win.

Not sure what tonight's game had to do with NDSU but.............

Listened intermittently, sounded like Ralston felt the team probably played their best game of the season. Great to see Bledsoe bust out. It was definately a quality win, on the road, against an opponent expected to be one of the top 2 teams in the league.

Congrats boys!

For what it's worth, here's my take from a "hockey only" Sioux fan that attended both the UND an NDSU games at UVU (in fact, last night was the first Sioux basketball game that I have ever attended live). UVU holds a tremendous home court advantage when teams from lower altitudes come here. NDSU appeared to rely heavily on jump shooting, and therefore was hampered because it is difficult to have fresh shooting legs in this environment (this was clearly evident two years ago when the Bison were the far superior team but missed numerous non-defended open shots from the start). In addition to very good defense, I believe the Sioux won last night because they primarily drove to the basket (especially Bledsoe) instead of taking jump shots. They dominated on the inside even more the stats show (boards 30 to 24) as UVU had a handful of offensive rebounds that went nowhere because they were defended well. Hopefully this game will be a springboard for the Sioux to close out the season respectfully.