SiouxSports.com Forum

Concordia @ Sioux

sioux fan in phoenix

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Concordia Stingers. They look to have jerseys similair to that of Ferris State, so maybe the guys will want to watch out for blatant thuggery. They finished last in their league last year with a record of 9-13-2. Their overall recrod was 13-16-3. Last year they had 5 A. Captains. It's like everybody gets a trophy day or something. Also last year they lost 2-0 to BU and 7-2 to UMass-Lowell. They play Bemdji tommorow night.

http://web2.concordia.ca/Rec_Ath/intercoll.../default_m.html

And for the kiddies and weird people like me, their mascot, Buzz, has his own website. http://web2.concordia.ca/Rec_Ath/buzz/default.html

Concordia University is located in Montreal and the team's name is the Stingers. Here's a link to their hockey Web site:

http://web2.concordia.ca/Rec_Ath/intercoll.../default_m.html

Last season, the Stingers finished fourth in their four-team league. They played 24 league games and were 8 points behind the third place team.

Their opening game is an exhibition against Bemidji State Friday night. That should give us an indicaiton of how well they'll do against the Sioux.

Hmm the Stingers. Thanks Diggler, I couldn't access that webpage when I looked it up a few days ago. Nice to see that it is up now.

They have 4 NHLers in their camp or did at one time. I also think it is interesting on how they define the status of their players. They do so by years of eligibility. I'm guessing that those with 1 year of eligibility are the seniors and 4, the freshmen.

So I figure we'll be seeing Tytus Hardy in goal. Their goalies are big guys. Actually, size-wise, they seem to match up with the Sioux. Although they do not have the towering defensemen that we have. Mostly 6'- 6'3" with a few shorter.

There is also a Desjardins and a Parent on the team. Wonder if they are any relations to the NHLers with that name.

You aren't restricted by HIPPA or some sort of gag order, are you? Jones is a very important part of the team, I hope it isn't injury related.

Actually I normally am restricted by HIPPA, but according to the Herald, Jones will miss the game because of injury.

Okay, fair enough, thanks! I couldn't access a few of the Herald articles today for some reason, so I missed the info regarding Jones. I hope it isn't a serious injury!

It was in the side notes and not in an actual article. It said he suffered torn ankle ligaments and hopes to play next weekend.