SiouxSports.com Forum

Concordia @ Sioux

sioux fan in phoenix

Knees are weird things. An MCL injury is usually less problematic than an ACL and is often the result of hard contact. I have/had(?) a minor tear in my ACL, and it's more of a rehab issue, e.g., exercises, brace, light skating, etc. than having to go under the knife fortunately. Then again, I had been walking with it for a couple of years or so. If surgery is required they graft tissue on to the liagment, hence the often lengthy rehab, even after scoping. However, there's about a 95% chance a person can return to their normal activities within a year after surgery. I guess athletes enjoy a higher response rate due to overall conditioning.

I'm no doctor, nor do I play one on TV or in bars :D, but I'd *guess* Luck may be smiling on Zach, if he was able to walk/skate and seemed willing to keep playing additional shifts.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure that if there is any chance of further injury, Coach Blais will keep him out until he's 100%. And that is exactly as it should be. He's got a big future in front of him, play it safe. Listen to the doctors, not Zach. I'm sure he'll want to go even if it is not in his own best interest.

Also, Prpich looked like he was hurting the entire game.

No Jones, Foyt, Schneider, Palmo, and J Parise... Am I missing anyone?

Yes, McMahon wasn't in the lineup.

As for Prpich I thought he looked good, but perhaps his fists were still hurting a bit. :D

Much improvement for the whole team and not just because they were playing Concordia. They simply looked like they have made some nice strides over the last week.

Parise's amazing, Bochenski's a machine and did anybody else think that Brady Murray looked like a totally different player from last weekend - faster, stronger with the puck and much more confident.

Among other players, Fylling is much improved from last season and Genoway looks like he could finally make a very nice contribution.

After the football teams improbable victory (going for two with two seconds left - crazy, but successful) and the hockey team making strides, I am very excited for next weekend. That being said, the next week will probably feel like a month.

When Prpich was near the puck, he looked alright, but Im talking about after he was checked or whenever he was taken to the ice he was always slow getting up, like someone who is extremely fatigued and sore and such? I don't know, he usually has a "spring" to his skates but today he didn't. I think something's up. The good news is that he'll have until Saturday to recover. Hopefully he'll take it easy during practice.

Fabian spent a lot of time in the box, but it was good that he jumped right out into the mix of things.

As for Fylling and Porter, they both looked a lot better than vs UMD.

Stafford was good as seeminly usual and I don't care what he looked like last week, I'm still becoming more and more of a Brady Murray fan... I just wish he'd take more shots.

Bina seemed feisty and eager to prove his worth, but Marvin kind of looked lethargic. BTW- Hale played defense tonight. I would have though we'd see Foyt.

As for a goaltender review, I don't think we can really justify looking at this game as any indication. I mean, 8 shots(10 max) is hardly a real challenge for our goalies. Brandt went four for four and Ziggy went three for four.

Smaby seemed to handle the puck a little better today.

Despite the score, I think Concordia did well. They obviously had questionable defense and not much of an offensive threat either. Just overall, out matched. Interesting how BSU and UND each scored 7 off of these guys. I think their goalie had good form. But he needed help.

When Prpich was near the puck, he looked alright, but Im talking about after he was checked or whenever he was taken to the ice he was always slow getting up, like someone who is extremely fatigued and sore and such? I don't know, he usually has a "spring" to his skates but today he didn't. I think something's up. The good news is that he'll have until Saturday to recover. Hopefully he'll take it easy during practice.

Fabian spent a lot of time in the box, but it was good that he jumped right out into the mix of things.

As for Fylling and Porter, they both looked a lot better than vs UMD.

Stafford was good as seeminly usual and I don't care what he looked like last week, I'm still becoming more and more of a Brady Murray fan... I just wish he'd take more shots.

Bina seemed feisty and eager to prove his worth, but Marvin kind of looked lethargic. BTW- Hale played defense tonight. I would have though we'd see Foyt.

As for a goaltender review, I don't think we can really justify looking at this game as any indication. I mean, 8 shots(10 max) is hardly a real challenge for our goalies. Brandt went four for four and Ziggy went three for four.

Smaby seemed to handle the puck a little better today.

Despite the score, I think Concordia did well. They obviously had questionable defense and not much of an offensive threat either. Just overall, out matched. Interesting how BSU and UND each scored 7 off of these guys. I think their goalie had good form. But he needed help.

Don't know if this matters, but Ozga did not play against Bemidji.

The USCHO recap of the game is now posted. Kevin Figsby, the head coach of Condordia, had some interesting comments.

He also said a couple of things that I wasn't able to work into the story. One was that Murray, Parise and Bochenski are "an NHL line." He also said the Stingers were more of a "crash, bang team," but they didn't want to play that way against a classy team like North Dakota.

The reason Concordia played here is because the Sioux have agreed to play in a tournament in Montreal next season. Figsby said they were inviting four top university teams from the US and Canada.

Sprig . . . .

Your avatar is the greatest. Second only, to perhaps, Sioux Fan in Phoenix. Cool that such a good looking woman from Sun Country is a big Sioux fan!

Go ahead and "grab" it if you want, although it sounds like you'd rather grab the sfip pic :D

Thx for the recap, PCM. I often wondered why they don't pay their game reporters, but I suppose the media pass (free games), access to the players & notoriety are compensation enough :0 Not to mention that other media outlets probably read the recaps & this could lead to a lucrative career in journalism :D

It's nice to hear that their coach didn't want his guys to thug around last night; wouldn't have been nice going against BC sans 3 or 4 additional players. Sounds like he had a lot of respect for the Sioux...

UMD had an OK weekend. They tied BC who was ranked #2 in the country, and folllowed with a close 5-4 loss to Michigan State ranked #11. Although the Bulldogs have not won a game yet, they have played very well. Sounds like the Sioux polished off Concordia with ease! We'll see next weekend if they can take BC, who won the tournament with a 4-1 win over Findlay. Should be a great game...wish dataflix was showing that one for free!

I noticed in an article on ESPN.com that Pascal Dupuis is practicing with Concordia while he is sitting out during negotiations.

It is on the Concordia website. He was joined by Martin Havlat of the Senators (who has since signed with Ottawa), Igor Kravchuk (who is still a free agent) and I believe one other.