SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ UMD BULLDOGS

AZSIOUX

What are the conspiracies?

I can't remember much in the way of details, other than there were supposed conflicts between Dylan and the Sioux coaches shortly before he made his commitment. Dylan didn't like that and picked a different school. That's the very abbreviated version.

i don't think there are any conspiracies... i think the story is that he didn't have the academic requirements to come to und, so went to duluth. i have seen him play a couple of times and he is a gamer though. i can see how him and big mac were a force to be reckoned with on the blueline.

Why is everyone always poo-pooing my conspiracy theories? :D

I can't remember much in the way of details, other than there were supposed conflicts between Dylan and the Sioux coaches shortly before he made his commitment. Dylan didn't like that and picked a different school. That's the very abbreviated version.

That doesn't make sense.

Gleason, McWilliam, Mattson, and Forbort were already signed by the time Olson made his decision last spring (Fienhage was already here). I don't know how we would have had scholly $$/playing slot for him.

That doesn't make sense.

Gleason, McWilliam, Mattson, and Forbort were already signed by the time Olson made his decision last spring (Fienhage was already here). I don't know how we would have had scholly $$/playing slot for him.

Not to be technical, but I'm pretty sure Mattson and Forbort weren't "signed" -- they were "committed" but they weren't signed by means of an NLI. Still aren't. And like it's been said before, you get a player like Olsen to come here and you make it work.

Wow. I'm really being a smart ass today. :D

Is there a bar (or bars ;) ) near the DECC/Canal that Sioux fans meet up at? Heading to "Dulute" on Saturday.

Gonna be doing a little barhopping on Saturday night so hopefully most of the bars should have the game. Dublinns, Pizza Luce', Carmody's, Old Chicago or Green Mill maybe. A meet up would be pretty fun :D

In Duluth's game notes for this weekend, it said the games were available on Comcast cable in the Cities. If anyone knows anything about this as far as channels and such... please post. It could be misinformation for all I know, but it'd be great to be able to watch the game as live webcasts just don't work on my computer for some reason... :D

From Brad:

At today's weekly press conference, the chatter surrounded the World Juniors as well as Minnesota-Duluth and the Bulldogs' powerful top line.

No, there is no new news on defenseman Chay Genoway. It could be a while before he's back in the lineup.

:D

We only have 4 games scheduled between now and Jan. 2, makes me wonder if they're looking at that date as a possible return, would give him another full month. Obviously his condition will dictate the when and where, but if he is not 100% next weekend holding him 3 more weeks would make a lot of sense.

We only have 4 games scheduled between now and Jan. 2, makes me wonder if they're looking at that date as a possible return, would give him another full month. Obviously his condition will dictate the when and where, but if he is not 100% next weekend holding him 3 more weeks would make a lot of sense.

I've been wondering the same thing since the Denver series. The extra down time could be good for him. But if he is cleared by the doctors it might be good for him to get back on the ice sooner to get rid of some rust.