SiouxSports.com Forum

Congrats on a great win!

WYOBISONMAN

:angry:

As a USF person, I'm not going to say or suggest that the Coo is better than SDSU or any such speculation. The Jacks have a very good football team this year (and last) and I don't fully buy into the transitive property thing..team A beats team B..etc. If so, USF would beat Nebraska and so forth..(using Texas Tech and UND as the other teams in the calculation) To an extent, it ends up being fuzzy math..and each game is itself.

Seeing that USF is making another trip up to the Alerus in 2011..I want to see UND be a good team, not a struggling team....as any USF fan likes to see the team tested and such.

....looks like a healthy Mitch Sutton provides the Sioux a nice spark..very talented athlete. USF will be playing a Sioux team in 2011 with Sutton, Bamba, Hawkins, etc. The Sioux should be getting better in the coming years....not worse. (just an outsiders take on things)

Everyone sort of tries to make light of the Sioux Falls team. Yes they are NAIA. I do think there are reasons they win national championships and rarely lose any games. They were a very good football team. They could very well be better than a few teams we played this year. They certainly were good enough to beat us if we weren't playing good ball. They did that.

As a season ticket holder, I would sure like to know where the students have been the past few games. Solid FCS team like Cal Poly comes to Alerus Center. Without the band, how many students were there? 5 minutes before game time there were seats in the 3rd row on the 40 yard line in the student section.

If you haven't caught it yet, the video highlights are posted on the video page.

Landry looked determined in his TD run.

Edit: BTW, thanks for the congrats WYO. I know your feelings for the Sioux are about the same as mine for the Bison, but you came here to congratulate anyway. Cool.

Edited by GeauxSioux

If you haven't caught it yet, the video highlights are posted on the video page.

Landry looked determined in his TD run.

Edit: BTW, thanks for the congrats WYO. I know your feelings for the Sioux are about the same as mine for the Bison, but you came here to congratulate anyway. Cool.

I thought I heard Tim and Swyg mentioning that the run was on ESPN, anyone catch it?

That was a hell of a win against a tough Cal Poly team. Congrats on a very solid GWFC win. And shame on the fans that stayed away from a tremendous conference game like that one.

Thanks to all the Bison fans for most appreciated compliments on the UND upset win over Cal Poly. I have to admit I am one of those who didn't really give the Sioux much chance (about one in 10) of defeating Cal Poly after the loss to the University of Sioux Falls. And congratulations to NDSU for its win in snapping a losing streak. I guarantee the Bison will be back in form soon.. And while I'm at it, congratulations to the NDSU women's volleyball team on maintaining its record-setting streak while earning another conference championship. There is also another North Dakota-based Division I volleyball team that is currently leading the Great West as well. Who would have thought UND would be in first place at this point of the season?

As a season ticket holder, I would sure like to know where the students have been the past few games. Solid FCS team like Cal Poly comes to Alerus Center. Without the band, how many students were there? 5 minutes before game time there were seats in the 3rd row on the 40 yard line in the student section.

The season ticket holders haven't exactly been showing up either, so the blame for small crowds isn't all on the student section. That being said, the student sections have been horrible for really all but 1 game this year. Really the students aren't getting much incentive to go to these games. Grand Forks is not a football town, and despite it being the second biggest sport on the campus (as far as support), football doesn't naturally draw the students in unless the team is winning or they are playing against a "rival." Marketing/PR has to do something to draw the students to the football games and make it a social event like the hockey games. Ask students why they go to hockey games, it isn't because they think hockey is the best sport, they go because it's socially expected and is "the place to be" in Grand Forks on Friday/Saturday nights (prior to the bars that is).

The season ticket holders haven't exactly been showing up either, so the blame for small crowds isn't all on the student section. That being said, the student sections have been horrible for really all but 1 game this year. Really the students aren't getting much incentive to go to these games. Grand Forks is not a football town, and despite it being the second biggest sport on the campus (as far as support), football doesn't naturally draw the students in unless the team is winning or they are playing against a "rival." Marketing/PR has to do something to draw the students to the football games and make it a social event like the hockey games. Ask students why they go to hockey games, it isn't because they think hockey is the best sport, they go because it's socially expected and is "the place to be" in Grand Forks on Friday/Saturday nights (prior to the bars that is).

I am not sure why all of the sudden students aren't going to the games or why they have to be drawn to the games now. This is my first year away from UND after 5 years there and every year that I was there, the student section was close to full or full every game. Football was a draw because the students who are into athletics support the athletic teams. And students that I know do/did not go to the hockey games because it's a socially expected place to go. They go/went because they love(d) watching the team and they love watching hockey.

Hey guys. I missed the last two Sioux games because I went to Lubbock to see ours (400 miles one-way). Plus I'm still trying to get the self-inflicted rope burns off my neck after we lost to lowly A&M.

Wow!! Great win last week. I though Cal-Poly was supposed to be some hot stuff. Weren't they nationally ranked? You guys must've played your tails off. Excellent!!!

This is a bye week for us so I'll be watching/listening to the Sioux again.

Get Your Guns Up, or whatever y'all say. ;) War Lances?

Hey guys. I missed the last two Sioux games because I went to Lubbock to see ours (400 miles one-way). Plus I'm still trying to get the self-inflicted rope burns off my neck after we lost to lowly A&M.

Wow!! Great win last week. I though Cal-Poly was supposed to be some hot stuff. Weren't they nationally ranked? You guys must've played your tails off. Excellent!!!

This is a bye week for us so I'll be watching/listening to the Sioux again.

Get Your Guns Up, or whatever y'all say. ;) War Lances?

What ever happened in the A&M game?

How do you see Tech vs Okie, OSU, and Baylor?

Is Tech bowl eligible now? Have heard conflicting info on whether the UND game counts.

Congratulations to the Fighting Sioux. I am pulling for you to win your last two games and go bowling. I continue to be impressed with the highly ethical and loyal ND fans. We Red Raider fans are unanimous in our admiration of the whole group of you and the fighting spirit shown by your football team. Also, good luck to your hockey team this year.

What ever happened in the A&M game?

How do you see Tech vs Okie, OSU, and Baylor?

Is Tech bowl eligible now? Have heard conflicting info on whether the UND game counts.

Re: A&M, all I can guess is that the guys had been reading their press clippings too much (what Leach called the fat little girl friends). After Nebraska, everybody was talking about what a great defense we had and how we should beat atm by 100 after they lost to K.St. Then they let atm just walk all over them. It was utter domination on that side of the ball. No big plays, just constantly eating up 6-8 yards a play. Plus I have to give the aggies credit for having a great game plan that feasted on our weaknesses. On offense, we lost our (new) starting QB who broke his foot at Nebraska and is out for the year most likely. That left us with the original starter Potts and the 3rd sting guy who is talented, but inexperienced.

Of our remaining 3 games, I figure we can beat Baylor in our sleep now that their stud QB is out for the year. The two Okie teams are another matter. Assuming the defense has their heads on straight, our real weakness is on offense - a very rare problem for us. The O-line has been crippled by injuries all year, and we have had a different starting lineup for every game but one. We even pulled the redshirt off one of our talented freshmen two weeks ago just so we could have two O-Tackles to play against A&M. Add the QB miseries to that, and you can see how we might fare against a couple of really good defenses. All 3 talenetd RBs are healthy, but you can't run if there aren't any holes. I'm hoping for the best, but I'm not placing any bets.

The only good news is that we should be much better next year. We only graduate one skill player on offense. We have plenty of young talent to fill in that O-line, fill in losses in the D-line, and even more QBs (all have been redshirting this year). Plus one or two new 4-star receivers.

I think we are bowl eligible already. Everything I've seen in the press, etc says we are. I know FCS games don't count in the BCS ranking system, but I'm assuming they do for bowls. We could end up 7-5 or 9-3, depending on the Okie games.