3. North Dakota (5-1)

4. Winona State (6-1)

5. St. Cloud State (5-2)

6. Nebraska-Omaha (5-2)

7. Emporia State (5-1)

8. Concordia-St. Paul (5-1)

9. Northern State (5-1)

10. Central Missouri State (5-1)

Wow, have things changed from just a few years ago. Who would have thought that an NSIC team could be ranked in the top four one week removed from a loss? It's looking like it will be a battle between the NCC and the MIAA to see who gets a second team in, because unless they lose again, Winona is in for sure. Fortunately, the NCC seems to have the inside track since both Emporia and Central Mo. are now ranked pretty low and still have to play Pitt St.

Northern State will beat Winona St. They killed MN-Duluth 46-7 and only lost to St Cloud 13-27. They play Concordia-STP this week and it will be for the NSIC championship.

Since UND is losing to the Mighty Bison this week i wouldn't be suprised to see Northern in there if they win out.

Fellas, the midwest Regional Poll might never look like this based on what conference each team is in and how that plays a factor, but this is my most accurate depiction of what it should look like...........

1. Pitt State-Powerhouse

2. North Dakota State-NDSU can ill afford to lose to UND for the second strait year

3. North Dakota-Can climb closer to the top with a win over NDSU

4. Concordia St. Paul-Very good team, running on all cylinders and is underated by everyone in the country, going to be very dangerous

5. St. Cloud State

6. Northern State-Out of the blue, lots of Juco's, very solid

7. Nebraska-Omaha

8. Emporia State

9. Central Missouri

10. Winona State-Much weaker than years past

Fellas, the midwest Regional Poll might never look like this based on what conference each team is in and how that plays a factor, but this is my most accurate depiction of what it should look like...........

1. Pitt State-Powerhouse

2. North Dakota State-NDSU can ill afford to lose to UND for the second strait year

3. North Dakota-Can climb closer to the top with a win over NDSU

4. Concordia St. Paul-Very good team, running on all cylinders and is underated by everyone in the country, going to be very dangerous

5. St. Cloud State

6. Northern State-Out of the blue, lots of Juco's, very solid

7. Nebraska-Omaha

8. Emporia State

9. Central Missouri

10. Winona State-Much weaker than years past

Second strait year eh?

Bearer88,

The polls will take care of themselves by the end of the year. Pitt State has the inside track for the #1 seed in the Midwest, but they still have to play the top four other teams in the MIAA. CSP will be at the Fargodome on Nov. 15th. We will see how far they drop in the regional rankings then. St. Cloud State doesn't deserve to be in the top eight.

For what it's worth, UND still isn't getting any love from the d2football.com pollsters. The Sioux rise a whopping two spots to number 13, and are still ranked behind Pitt St. and even Central Mo., believe it or not. Pitt St. at number 10 is the highest ranked midwest team. I guess the midwest is now the weakest region, huh? :D

I normally reserve this for Division I hockey talk, but it fits:

The only poll that matters is the pole you raise a championship banner on.

True, but I figure if they're going to go to the trouble of compiling one, we owe it to them to provide a little constructive criticism of their work. :D

This poll does matter though doesn't it? For seedings and such in the playoffs? Then again the NC$$ seems to throw out the poll when it means they can make more money by having the lower seed host the game. :D

The NCAA's Midwest Regional Rankings matter. That's how post-season is seeded.

A poll by D2Football.com? See above. :(

I do still think that if NDSU an UND run the rest of the schedule that it would be almost impossible to deny each a playoff spot. Clearly a loss by NDSU would eliminate the Bison from the playoff picture....and I also think another loss by UND would eliminate the Sioux as well as hurt the Bison's chances at a playoff seat. It puts this Bison fan in the ackward possition of wanting the Sioux to run thier schedule..... :D

The new poll:

Midwest

1. North Dakota (6-1)

2. Emporia State (6-1)

3. Winona State (7-1)

4. Pittsburg State (6-1)

5. North Dakota State (5-2)

6. St. Cloud State (6-2)

7. Nebraska-Omaha (6-2)

8. Concordia-St. Paul (6-1)

9. Central Missouri State (6-1)

10. Northwest Missouri State (5-2)

Now a great deal can change between now and the end of the regular season, but based on this week's regional rankings, this is the season NDSU should have had Winona on their schedule (not last).

Then again, Winona's only loss is to Concorda - St. Paul. (CSP's loss is to the USD Coyotes. Talk about spaghetti.)

I guess the old rule of thumb comes into play again:

Just win. The rest of the stuff will take care of itself.

Now a great deal can change between now and the end of the regular season, but based on this week's regional rankings, this is the season NDSU should have had Winona on their schedule (not last).

Then again, Winona's only loss is to Concorda - St. Paul. (CSP's loss is to the USD Coyotes. Talk about spaghetti.)

I guess the old rule of thumb comes into play again:

Just win. The rest of the stuff will take care of itself.

Speaking of Winona, they are the ONLY team currently ranked that does not have a single game left against another currently ranked team. Their probable toughest game remaining is against Northern State on a neutral field (Metrodome).