SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ UAA

AZSIOUX

The Sioux had a very solid weekend getting 3 of 4 points from Minnesota. Nice start to league play opening vs a heated rival. The Sioux travel to Anchorage to play UAA Seawolves this weekend. UAA is 2-2 on the young season splitting both weekends they have played vs 4 different teams. Lets grab those all important 4 points!! GO SIOUXXXX

und.gif

Overall Record: 3-0-1 (.875)

WCHA: 1-0-1, 3 points

Home: 3-0-1

I don't think the Sioux have matched up particularly well with UAA the past few years - they're not the most skilled team, but they're big and fast, and they've worn out the Sioux D. Blood and MacWilliam both know how to use their size, but the rest can get pushed around. I wonder if we might see Fienhage play this weekend.

UAA just lost to Robert Morris (still can't believe they let one guy beat them), so they are obviously not unstoppable, but I expect a tough weekend. For the last few years, it has seemed that if UAA could go from decent to good goaltending, they could contend for a top-half finish.

Nothing against Eidsness, but this is the time to give Dell his crack.

Brad needs to sit a few games on the bench and lets see what Dell can do. I have been very impressed with his play in one game the other games he was non-spectacular. Statisically he is sound but mechanically he needs some work. I still would take him over DU's goalies.

GCI is the main cable company in Alaska..

All UAA home games (and most road games..) are broadcast on GCI cable Channel 1

Why it says tape delay is anyone's guess. I know in Alaska the games are live across the state except for Anchorage where they are tape delayed. Original press releases said this was on FSSN via the UAA feed

The webcast costs money now if you are not a GCI customer

• Downvote 1

Losing to UAA is unacceptable.

Agreed. UAA hasn't played all that well so far, but they will be amped up to begin WCHA play, and seem to always play us tough, especially up in AK.

Either way, we have way more talent, and the only way we lose is if we take a game off. I hope there are no letdowns after this weekend and having to make the long trip northwest.

I hate saying that we will sweep like there's no challenge behind it, but this team seems different than ones of years past...in a good way. I think we will take care of business behind good leadership.

Both games will be tough. One we will pull away, the other will remain close, but we'll pull it out.

Kristo will break the jinx and net 3 over the weekend. His speed and skill will nullify the size of Anchorage.

GCI is the main cable company in Alaska..

All UAA home games (and most road games..) are broadcast on GCI cable Channel 1

Why it says tape delay is anyone's guess. I know in Alaska the games are live across the state except for Anchorage where they are tape delayed. Original press releases said this was on FSSN via the UAA feed

The webcast costs money now if you are not a GCI customer

I watched the UAA and Michigan game for free the weekend before.

Any idea on if UND is going to have some guys held out of the lineup due to injury? If Genoway was already banged up and Hextall missed some time (presumably due to injury), UND might have to make some early lineup changes; but I guess its better to do it against a team like UAA than a more skilled team (i.e: bring in some bigger guys and give some or skilled guys a rest and chance to recover - Fienhage, Davidson, etc. could work out well this weekend).

I believe that Genoway had the flu...not injured.

If that's the case, I would expect him to be a bit better when they go to UAA. That is, if you can imagine him being "better" than what he was this past weekend. :silly:

WCHA DPOTW? I would imagine so!

And then Hextall came back and played the 3rd, so that hopefully isn't too serious (if he was out with an injury).

If that's the case, I would expect him to be a bit better when they go to UAA. That is, if you can imagine him being "better" than what he was this past weekend. :silly:

And then Hextall came back and played the 3rd, so that hopefully isn't too serious (if he was out with an injury).

I have read where people that are sick actually play better sometimes.

im sure the gophers and rest of wcha cant wait to face genoway without the flu, dam he was good last weekend! hobey genoway

im sure the gophers and rest of wcha cant wait to face genoway without the flu, dam he was good last weekend! hobey genoway

I would have to think that Genoway is going to be a finalist for the Hobey this season. I was impressed with his play this past weekend I thought Chay and Blood played well together.

Any idea on if UND is going to have some guys held out of the lineup due to injury? If Genoway was already banged up and Hextall missed some time (presumably due to injury), UND might have to make some early lineup changes; but I guess its better to do it against a team like UAA than a more skilled team (i.e: bring in some bigger guys and give some or skilled guys a rest and chance to recover - Fienhage, Davidson, etc. could work out well this weekend).

I agree. I would totally lilke to see Davidson & Fienhage in the line-up this weekend. They have to get some playing time as you never know when one of your top guys might be injured or sick and they have to step in. The same with Dell. He needs to get some playing time too.

No doubt. He is having a heck of a start for his senior year.

If he keeps this up, I certainly would expect him to make the Hobey Finalists list, and maybe even the Hobey Hattrick.