SiouxSports.com Forum

Fighting Sioux vs Gophers

AZSIOUX

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly don't think it pisses off any Gopher fans.

Most people just look and laugh, and make some comment such as "what an idiot"

Why goofer fans make such a federal case out of it? Tell me that one. Why do think some Sioux fans wear them?

I mean seriously.

I'm still amazed that people waste their hard earned money on buying attire of a team that beat their rival 6 years ago. You'd think it would be a little smarter to support your own team instead. Then again, I'm not surprised at you being the kind of person that would buy a Holy Cross shirt, you can't even spell.

I'm going to go buy a New Hampshire jersey with .1 as the number, that'd be really cool!! RIGHT???

And you wasted your time to respond. Putz.

Holy Cross wear, particularly in The Ralph, is always appropriate if that is one's cup of tea.

It serves as a constant reminder to Gopher fans, however much they might claim that they are indifferent

to it, that Coach Lucy's teams have generally lacked commitment, heart, courage, pride, and work ethic

over the years, except, of course, when it took two or three kids from North Dakota to show Minnesota's

Pride on Ice what it takes to win a few championships. North Dakota boys graduate, Pride on Ice goes back

on ice. Simple and true enough.

Why Lucy does not look to land more North Dakota kids I will never understand. Maybe he oughta

just stitch a small "e" on his team jerseys next to the much ballyhooed "M."

Two reasons. #1 they are obsessed with the Gophers. And #2 Holy Cross T-shirts are probably the nicest piece of clothing in a Sioux fans closet, not counting their Arctic Cat jackets of course.

oh bucky. #1 who's trolling the other teams message board here??? (troll, cough cough, troll) :lol: and #2 i realize it is easy to have jersey envy as our teams jersey just won the poll for best jerseys in all of sports, and you guys have a brown and yellow rag with an upside down W on it :( we can only hope for another beatdown this year, but those are few and far between, so lets see two great hockey games!! GO SIOUX!!

Two reasons. #1 they are obsessed with the Gophers. And #2 Holy Cross T-shirts are probably the nicest piece of clothing in a Sioux fans closet, not counting their Arctic Cat jackets of course.

#1 - I agree, they truly are obsessed with the Gophers. No real other rivals. No real other sports to cheer for. Therefore, you must focus on your one big rival in your one big sport. Makes sense.

#2 - That's a little cruel, although I did laugh

Holy Cross wear, particularly in The Ralph, is always appropriate if that is one's cup of tea.

It serves as a constant reminder to Gopher fans, however much they might claim that they are indifferent

to it, that Coach Lucy's teams have generally lacked commitment, heart, courage, pride, and work ethic

over the years, except, of course, when it took two or three kids from North Dakota to show Minnesota's

Pride on Ice what it takes to win a few championships. North Dakota boys graduate, Pride on Ice goes back

on ice. Simple and true enough.

Why Lucy does not look to land more North Dakota kids I will never understand. Maybe he oughta

just stitch a small "e" on his team jerseys next to the much ballyhooed "M."

I can't argue with Lucia's 2 national championships. So you can rip him, but Hakstol is god? Fantastic logic.

And your reason for being on a North Dakota site is? Obsessed?

I don't think it's obsessing at all, just trying to stay informed of whats going on around the league. I check out this board, the SCSU board, the UMD board, the UNO board, refuse to read the UW board :( . To me fan message boards are the best place to find out whats happening with said team. And this is a thread about the UND vs. Gopher series so why wouldn't Gopher fans want to check it out.

As far as this series I'm a bit concerned would have liked to have seen the Gophers play at least a non-conference series instead of jumping into league play against their biggest rival but thats how the schedule works. I'm concerned these guys haven't gelled enough yet to be ready for a series like this. I'm not making excuses if they have a bad weekend I'm just saying. In the same sense I think it's good for the Gophers to be playing the Sioux this early, as the Sioux have historically had a "not so good" start the last few years. Sure wish I was coming up there this weekend though, always have had a blast up in the Forks.

Same sieve? You know absolutely nothing, do you? All those games last year were totally on the defense. Since you're so into the past, why don't you tell me how Kangas did against you the year before that. Thanks.

Missing Stoa? How about all the guys you're missing?

is the goal of this conversation to argue a team to victory? they're still going to play no matter which of you comes up with the best stats, right? i hope so. i mean, yeah, the sioux are clearly the better team in the history of this rivalry, but the excitement of the game actually playing out is much more fun than calling the winner based on history. i sure hope the league decides to determine a winner by head-to-head competition this weekend. that's the best part.