• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My 3 stars:

Kristo

Vandevelde

Gregoire

Snakebitten player of the game: Trupp. Yeah, he did get an assist, but I've not seen a guy get robbed more at point blank than Trupp did tonight. Not even Oshie his sophomore year.

I can agree with that....maybe mix-in a D-man in place of Gregoire because I think a few of the guys played really well for most of the game.

yeah, I was thinking more fighting penalties, hard hitting penalties, etc....maybe some Archie penalties

Just expect everybody to get pissed at MacWilliam about his penalties the same way everybody did about Greene, Smaby, Finley and a number of other big defensemen. It's as guaranteed as the Fire Hakstol threads.

I can agree with that....maybe mix-in a D-man in place of Gregoire because I think a few of the guys played really well for most of the game.

If I gave it to a D, I'd give it to MacWilliam.

Yeah, Genoway has a goal and an assist, but he also has two bone headed penalties on top of it.

MacWilliam played extremely well.

Gleason also did well.

LaPoint was quiet but good on the PK.

All in all, I like what our D did tonight. We just need to work on passing, chemistry on the ice, communication, and finishing.

Just expect everybody to get pissed at MacWilliam about his penalties the same way everybody did about Greene, Smaby, Finley and a number of other big defensemen. It's as guaranteed as the Fire Hakstol threads.

oh well, he is a freshie....he will learn...and hey, we needed someone to throw under the bus now that Joe is gone.

Half, I believe it's his mom who is from there....so he's got the blood, mix that with a nice flavor of Canadian defense and...well...you understand. :(

Aussie, Aussie, Aussie!!!!! Oy, oy, oy!!!!

I

Thanks for all the posts folks. I've been following this on a hotel internet link in Toronto. No audio or video so your posts were all I had to go on. Great work and very entertaining. Go Sioux!!!

MacWilliam bringing back the nastiness that I love about the SIOUX.All in all I thought the freshman looked pretty comfortable out there.I can't say the same about Fienage.Just looked timid.Looking forward to being at the Ralph next saturday when Merrimack comes to town.

oh well, he is a freshie....he will learn...and hey, we needed someone to throw under the bus now that Joe is gone.

I don't think it will be MacWilliam.

I think it will be Fienhage. He made a few mistakes out there and that's all it takes.

If not him, then maybe Malone?

I'm not sure. This is the first year in a while where there isn't a clear cut Fan "un-favorite."

As for Kristo- Was it bright behind him or does he just not have that good of instinct towards eye contact with the camera? Or maybe the cameraperson wasn't very good looking? or had bad breath?

As for Kristo- Was it bright behind him or does he just not have that good of instinct towards eye contact with the camera? Or maybe the cameraperson wasn't very good looking? or had bad breath?

Or maybe since he's just a freshman it's still awkward just staring at a camera while talking to people through the headset.

Just a thought.

I don't think it will be MacWilliam.

I think it will be Fienhage. He made a few mistakes out there and that's all it takes.

If not him, then maybe Malone?

I'm not sure. This is the first year in a while where there isn't a clear cut Fan "un-favorite."

And at defense, from Edina MN......NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Joe Gleason.....Whew, scared me for a second there.

Also, nice to see a number 2 hit someone and go towards a scrum instead of backing away.

I think it is much too early to judge Fineaghe, he played very very little last year so this might as well be his Freshman yr.

Highlight of the night, Lapoint playing period. I am not the biggest Lapoint fan, but after the ugly injury he suffered last year, him being ready for the season opener is amazing.

I was mad because I had to work for a bit while the game was playing. Missed the first 2 periods. Ended up getting to see most of the action(6 of the 7 goals). :(

From that period I gotta say the Defense looked pretty good out there and it looked like by the time the 3rd period came around that some of the lines were beginning to click and have chemistry.

Aaron Dell looked very good in net. And I certainly wouldn't mind a tandem.

GO SIOUX!!

Bring on Merrimack