SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ SFA

UND92,96

Mussman:

Our tacking was HORRIBLE, alot of this stuff is self inflicted, they are a great team, but we have to take some culpability in that.

Its a work in progress, shoot, we are going into our 4th game, no real excuses.

Looking forward to being at home, lots of travel, not gonna make excuses, we've gotta play better.

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coming into this season I felt that athleticism of this program was at an all-time low level. I think this score confirms that. Let's face it, remaining Division II when the NDSU and SDSU moved up killed recruiting until these last two classes. We need to continue to have strong recruiting classes but scores like this definitely won't help matters.

Well, after 2 games, we were well ahead of what I had projected. After 3 games, we are about where I thought we would be at 1-2. Looks like we got our Texas Tech sized whooping this week.

It will be great to have 3 home games in a row, I will be there cheering on this team.

I'm going up for the Stony Brook game and hockey versus Merrimack Saturday night, I'll be cheering as well.

Coming into this season I felt that athleticism of this program was at an all-time low level. I think this score confirms that. Let's face it, remaining Division II when the NDSU and SDSU moved up killed recruiting until these last two classes. We need to continue to have strong recruiting classes but scores like this definitely won't help matters.

Agreed, from what I've heard, this recruiting class (redshirting) is pretty good. We simply didn't have the athletes to compete tonight. This one was a stinker. Can we all let out a collective yell right now? OUCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thee awesomeness of UND gave up 65 points? I thought we sucked losing by 10 to the #8 ranked team in the nation. You guys just got ass raped. Guess we both need some work, tough loss. I was actually rooting for you.

Save the crap. We are both fans of some really bad football teams right now so neither of us has anything to crow about.

I honestly can't believe you are honoring the stereotype by talking about Hockey in your football game thread, have some respect for your football team.

Those weekends are awesome! Instead of 1 big game to go to, we have 3. I suppose if you guys had 2 basketball games and a football game in the same weekend, you would understand. Makes for a great weekend, don't forget NFL on sunday while you are recovering on the couch!

I honestly can't believe you are honoring the stereotype by talking about Hockey in your football game thread, have some respect for your football team.

I really don't care about some stereotype over at Siouxville. I'm roadtrippin' to GF in two weeks and seeing three games, what a blast. Sorry you can't experience that....

I understand, and yes, if we had some big DI Men's BB games coming up after our loss, I'd probably be yelling too. But I'm just saying, you guys are actually pretty good in some aspects of FB right now, don't fit the "atleast we have hockey" stereotype. That's all.

I understand, and yes, if we had some big DI Men's BB games coming up after our loss, I'd probably be yelling too. But I'm just saying, you guys are actually pretty good in some aspects of FB right now, don't fit the "atleast we have hockey" stereotype. That's all.

"at least we have hockey" isn't a stereotype....just a lameass attempt at humor....like firetrucks.

This is the fourth year of the "co-defensive coordinator" situation. Since it's inception, the secondary has been, for lack of a better term, horrible, and has not improved at all really over the course of those four years. This, despite the fact that North Dakota has some of the best athletes of recent memory playing in the defensive backfield. Kelling is in charge of the secondary. I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'. On the bright side, we are 1-2 heading into the home opener, just as I predicted. :D And at least we're not 1-3. :D

A lot of it comes down to scheme. Our kiss-ass announcers hinted at it in the second half when they were wondering why we weren't getting on the line and bumping some of their receivers instead of playing off them 8 yards and letting them catch the ball freely in space. We continue to do the same things over and over and expect different results.

Disappointing loss? Yes, absolutely. Especially in the way in which we lost. Our team weaknesses were exposed tonight against a superior FCS opponent. I just hope our team learns from it and uses it for the rest of the season.

We are so young and inexperienced right now and it showed tonight. Still a lot of season left though. We need a good showing next week from the team and our fans at the Alerus against a good USD team for homecoming.

Meierkort certainly has a lot to look at this week. You're right Vince, it's the way we lost, I haven't been into the press guide to see the last time someone hung 65 on us but it's probably been a while. I'm in for the long haul and look forward to next week's game and being at the Alerus for Potato Bowl.