SiouxSports.com Forum

"Chapman's Mansion Way Over the Top"

star2city

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its nice that those 2 clowns are far away from both campus' and we can restart the rivalry. This is going to really get the Summit League's attention as to what they have coming with this new rivalry..as with USD and SDSU renewing their rivalry no later than 2011-2012 when USD is officially in the Summit. Can't wait until next years game...I hope it is at the Ralph and not the Alerus. Even though we won't be called the Sioux the logo will be there and so will the "Sioux" fans.

Good try.

Kelley sent out an olive branch to Chapman. The olive branch was returned.

No it wasn't. Within weeks of Kelley taking over, the ice had begun to thaw and the "no-UND" edict was reversed. The coaches from both sides started talking during the one year overlap between Chapman & Kelley. The ball was in motion long before Hanson or Dr. B took over.

Quite frankly, you can't have it both ways. Either Taylor or Chapman has to be the bad guy. If there was an edict from Chapman about not playing UND(and there was), then you can't blame Taylor for not scheduling UND and having to come up with excuses. If Taylor was the evil one, then you can't blame Chapman for this. Pick one, but don't blame it all on Taylor in one thread and Chapman in another. Next thing you know you'll be dividing by zero and dooming the world.

One thing we can all agree on: It was SOME A-hole at NDSU preventing the rivalry from starting up again. ;)

I am very excited to see the two schools playing each other in several sports now. Football is next!

Go Sioux! F the Bison!

That felt great, and was laying dormant in me for awhile now!

Quite frankly, you can't have it both ways. Either Taylor or Chapman has to be the bad guy. If there was an edict from Chapman about not playing UND(and there was), then you can't blame Taylor for not scheduling UND and having to come up with excuses. If Taylor was the evil one, then you can't blame Chapman for this. Pick one, but don't blame it all on Taylor in one thread and Chapman in another. Next thing you know you'll be dividing by zero and dooming the world.

Actually they could both be the bad guy. To use a wild comparison.... I think we can all agree that both Hitler and Goebbels were hideously bad people and yet Goebbels was subordinate to Hitler. Please note that I'm not trying to equate anyone at NDSU as Nazis. It is just an example.

Both Chapman and Taylor could have been in agreement on the matter, but now Taylor is answerable to the new prez.

Actually they could both be the bad guy. To use a wild comparison.... I think we can all agree that both Hitler and Goebbels were hideously bad people and yet Goebbels was subordinate to Hitler. Please note that I'm not trying to equate anyone at NDSU as Nazis. It is just an example.

Both Chapman and Taylor could have been in agreement on the matter, but now Taylor is answerable to the new prez.

Did we just hit Godwin's Law or not? j/k

Yeah, I was just having a little fun. Star and a couple others have made a game of blaming GT for not scheduling you guys(and global warming, WWI&II, the Great Depression & world hunger). Then he says it was Chapman who blocked the games. The two statements are kinda mutually exclusive. If the latter were true, then it doesn't matter what GT said, did, or felt, since he didn't have the power to make the decision. One of my pet peeves is people blaming others for decisions or events outside their control. This is a perfect example of one of those cases. Nine times out of ten I just shake my head and move on; this just happened to be the tenth time.

Carry on.

Or not. If this really was an example of Godwin's Law, then we are supposed to lock the thread. ;)

Did we just hit Godwin's Law or not? j/k

Yeah, I was just having a little fun. Star and a couple others have made a game of blaming GT for not scheduling you guys(and global warming, WWI&II, the Great Depression & world hunger). Then he says it was Chapman who blocked the games. The two statements are kinda mutually exclusive. If the latter were true, then it doesn't matter what GT said, did, or felt, since he didn't have the power to make the decision. One of my pet peeves is people blaming others for decisions or events outside their control. This is a perfect example of one of those cases. Nine times out of ten I just shake my head and move on; this just happened to be the tenth time.

Carry on.

Or not. If this really was an example of Godwin's Law, then we are supposed to lock the thread. ;)

If I had compared Chapman to Hitler, like some likely have, then by all means lock the thread. :)

Taylor and Chapman have entirely different motives. Chapman power tripped by lording over the SBoHE and Legislature using his Imperial Cass entourage (Paulson, etc.) Chapman, with his skill at power triangulatioins, if he had been the correct ethnicity, would have advanced to the inner circle in a whole international array of totalitiarian regimes: North Korea, Somalia, Belarus, Kazahkstan, Libya, Venezuela, Burma. In that sense, people like him are responsible for world hunger. ;) Thank goodness North Dakota as a civilization survived him. :D

Taylor's interests on the other hand is much more narrowly focused and are much more benign . He longs to see NDSU become an FCS power, so he can make the jump to be an FBS AD and really be somebody. He doesn't have an interest in resuming a 100 year rivalry as UND being in FCS interferes with his goals and he has no real connection to the state anyway. As much as the bison struggled last year, I can't imagine how frustrating it was for him to see his next career stepping stone being flushed down the commode. He and Bohl both have a lot riding on this season. :ohmy:

Taylor and Chapman have entirely different motives. Chapman power tripped by lording over the SBoHE and Legislature using his Imperial Cass entourage (Paulson, etc.) Chapman, with his skill at power triangulatioins, if he had been the correct ethnicity, would have advanced to the inner circle in a whole international array of totalitiarian regimes: North Korea, Somalia, Belarus, Kazahkstan, Libya, Venezuela, Burma. In that sense, people like him are responsible for world hunger. ;) Thank goodness North Dakota as a civilization survived him. :D

Taylor's interests on the other hand is much more narrowly focused and are much more benign . He longs to see NDSU become an FCS power, so he can make the jump to be an FBS AD and really be somebody. He doesn't have an interest in resuming a 100 year rivalry as UND being in FCS interferes with his goals and he has no real connection to the state anyway. As much as the bison struggled last year, I can't imagine how frustrating it was for him to see his next career stepping stone being flushed down the commode. He and Bohl both have a lot riding on this season. :ohmy:

And with Kansas, and N. Iowa the first 2 games on the slate it could be a long road going 0-2. I think you will hear the crying of Bohl's job if they pull in a repeat year of 3 wins especially if South Dakota beats them in the Fargodome.

One thing we can all agree on: It was SOME A-hole at NDSU preventing the rivalry from starting up again. ;)

I am very excited to see the two schools playing each other in several sports now. Football is next!

Go Sioux! F the Bison!

That felt great, and was laying dormant in me for awhile now!

Before you throw stones at Chapman or Taylor, one would have had to walk in their shoes and actually dealt with the RTs and Kuppys. Frankly, I think they handled it pretty well. You want to assign some blame, you better line up those two pricks. Can I say that without getting banned?

Before you throw stones at Chapman or Taylor, one would have had to walk in their shoes and actually dealt with the RTs and Kuppys. Frankly, I think they handled it pretty well. You want to assign some blame, you better line up those two pricks. Can I say that without getting banned?

I would say yes since that is what they are.

Chapman will down as one of the biggest douchebags/conman in ND history, and you still defend him? :lol: He practically single-handedly turned ND in to a banana-republic state. When will the Temple to the great Dark Lord Chapman be dedicated on the NDSU campus? :Guess the house has already been dedicated. :silly:

What is so incredible about you bisonbackers is that you fail to understand that RT was never ever going to be an AD to take UND to DI. He didn't have the training or pedigree for that. RT had to defend and advocate DII just to keep his job. I know you guys are incredibly insecure, but it was never about RT and you, RT's actions were about his own standing at UND to keep it a DII institution. Once UND leadership changed their mind and started heading toward DI, the first order of business was to find a new DI experienced AD that could lead UND through a transition.

Amen, amen, amen.

But, everyone on both sides need to move on and get over it.. good grief.

Agree, that would be great. But there's something within the makeup of too many bison fans: they just latch onto bitterness and let it fester for years and years and turn their inside characters into obscene caricatures like Lakes and JBB. Thomas and Kupchella are the most hated men possible on Bisonville because the two of them single-handedly ruined the bison's DI transition. :silly: : :lol:

Agree, that would be great. But there's something within the makeup of too many bison fans: they just latch onto bitterness and let it fester for years and years and turn their inside characters into obscene caricatures like Lakes and JBB. Thomas and Kupchella are the most hated men possible on Bisonville because the two of them single-handedly ruined the bison's DI transition. :silly: : :lol:

They didn't ruin anything - It was their trying to ruin it that will always be remembered. There is no denying that both would've loved for the Bison to fail in there transition.

Lets just say there is no love for them on Siouxsports. I don't care to see them except to see Roger in the Football America video. :D

They didn't ruin anything - It was their trying to ruin it that will always be remembered. There is no denying that both would've loved for the Bison to fail in there transition.

And NDSU wants nothing but the best for UND and rolled out the red carpet. - move on...

Chapman will down as one of the biggest douchebags/conman in ND history, and you still defend him? :lol: He practically single-handedly turned ND in to a banana-republic state. When will the Temple to the great Dark Lord Chapman be dedicated on the NDSU campus? :Guess the house has already been dedicated. :silly:

What is so incredible about you bisonbackers is that you fail to understand that RT was never ever going to be an AD to take UND to DI. He didn't have the training or pedigree for that. RT had to defend and advocate DII just to keep his job. I know you guys are incredibly insecure, but it was never about RT and you, RT's actions were about his own standing at UND to keep it a DII institution. Once UND leadership changed their mind and started heading toward DI, the first order of business was to find a new DI experienced AD that could lead UND through a transition.

Gee, I guess if you put it that way. . . it completely excuses the years of unsavory behavior by leadership at UND toward NDSU. My mistake completely. I'm sure that you would be much more forgiving than Chapman and just turned the page with open arms as soon as a new face showed up. Maybe Chapman could have requested a resume from the new guy so he would know if the guy was indeed fit for the job before he decided how he should act. Your guys just weren't equipped to lead, cooperate and even play nice. Now I completely understand . . . Chapman sure is petty.

Gee, I guess if you put it that way. . . it completely excuses the years of unsavory behavior by leadership at UND toward NDSU. My mistake completely. I'm sure that you would be much more forgiving than Chapman and just turned the page with open arms as soon as a new face showed up. Maybe Chapman could have requested a resume from the new guy so he would know if the guy was indeed fit for the job before he decided how he should act. Your guys just weren't equipped to lead, cooperate and even play nice. Now I completely understand . . . Chapman sure is petty.

"But there's something within the makeup of too many bison fans: they just latch onto bitterness and let it fester for years and years and turn their inside characters into obscene caricatures like Lakes and JBB. "