SiouxSports.com Forum

Versus

Shawn-O

I called to cancel Direct TV and they gave the NHL Center Ice for free ($163.80). They offered some movie channels and i declined.

9 year customer

I should go sign up and then threaten to unsubscribe because that is a heck of a deal. I would take it to be honest with you.

IS there any way that they fix this deal? I have direct TV at work and it's going to suck if I can't watch NHL hockey when it's not busy on Monday and Tuesday night. Of course I can still watch the Wild but that is it.

I should go sign up and then threaten to unsubscribe because that is a heck of a deal. I would take it to be honest with you.

IS there any way that they fix this deal? I have direct TV at work and it's going to suck if I can't watch NHL hockey when it's not busy on Monday and Tuesday night. Of course I can still watch the Wild but that is it.

Right, you can always watch the Wild but you might want to watch NHL hockey...

I called to cancel Direct TV and they gave the NHL Center Ice for free ($163.80). They offered some movie channels and i declined.

9 year customer

THANK YOU for letting us know. I now also have the NHL Center Ice package (HD as well) for free this year! SWEEEET!!!! :lol:

As a DirecTV subscriber for 10 years and a retailer in Fargo... this Versus thing is frustrating, but it will get resolved- it's just a matter of time. If they are going to offer the hockey package for free, I'd take it. These things happen from time to time, and they are not limited to DirecTV, Dish Network, or any cable provider you might have. It makes is worse when they are own by the competition (i.e.: Comcast owns Versus). Don't blame Directv... sure it might be partially their fault, but I see it all over the country (mostly with local stations), but they see these big corporate companies and think they deserve more money from them. Versus will be back, and Directv is by far and away the best way to watch any sports. To cancel service because of this would be stupid, because your sports coverage with any other company is going to be a rip off.

As a DirecTV subscriber for 10 years and a retailer in Fargo... this Versus thing is frustrating, but it will get resolved- it's just a matter of time. If they are going to offer the hockey package for free, I'd take it. These things happen from time to time, and they are not limited to DirecTV, Dish Network, or any cable provider you might have. It makes is worse when they are own by the competition (i.e.: Comcast owns Versus). Don't blame Directv... sure it might be partially their fault, but I see it all over the country (mostly with local stations), but they see these big corporate companies and think they deserve more money from them. Versus will be back, and Directv is by far and away the best way to watch any sports. To cancel service because of this would be stupid, because your sports coverage with any other company is going to be a rip off.

I agree with you, and I'm not going to lie...I wouldn't have cancelled DirecTV because of this. I also believe that at some point here they'll strike a deal with Versus and it'll be back. However, another poster mentioned that they got the NHL Center Ice package for free because of it and I thought I'd give it a shot.

If one of the dish networks had FSSN on them I would order it, but they don't yet.

I'll ask this here so I don't have to start another thread. According to the Gopher TV schedule over on their forum, the Jan.15th game between UND and Minn. will be televised by the Big Ten network. Does that mean we (Midco) will or won't get that one back here?

I'll ask this here so I don't have to start another thread. According to the Gopher TV schedule over on their forum, the Jan.15th game between UND and Minn. will be televised by the Big Ten network. Does that mean we (Midco) will or won't get that one back here?

You will get it if you have the digital sports package on Midco it's at 318 on the dial or something like that.

Even better, it'll be in high def.