SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs Northwestern State

GeauxSioux

Unfortunately, Midco is only televising in GF. Just got at response to my inquiry about televising in Bismarck. Looks like we get USD/Drake.

Thank you for contacting Midcontinent Communications.

Unfortunately the UND game will not be on the Bismarck Midcontinent channel. Please check our website for future game schedules.

Midcontinent Communications

Apparently on a few of the FSSN locations are carrying the game. According to WDAZ it will be on Ch 20 in Grand Forks and will be shown on Devils Lake, Carrington, Maddock, Fargo, Langdon, Park River, Thief River Falls, and Halstad cable stations.

Unfortunately, Midco is only televising in GF. Just got at response to my inquiry about televising in Bismarck. Looks like we get USD/Drake.

You have got to be kidding me. How and why would this happen? Do they know Bismarck is in the center of North Dakota? Someone please explain this to me, I'm all ears. :D

Apparently on a few of the FSSN locations are carrying the game. According to WDAZ it will be on Ch 20 in Grand Forks and will be shown on Devils Lake, Carrington, Maddock, Fargo, Langdon, Park River, Thief River Falls, and Halstad cable stations.

I'm assuming it will be on channel 20 in Mayville-Portland as well, as our cabel lineup is exactly the same as GF and other limited programming that GF has gotten has appeared here also.

Probably won't do any good but does anyone have the number for FSSN? I talked to Midco and they said it is up to FSSN as to who they televise on which system.

That is BS; midco just has to point at the correct satellite and dial in the correct transponder. It will be beamed down from satellite, it's just a matter of the cable co's choosing to receive it. The FSSN is FTA.

Shreveport Times: Southland Update

NSU plays its home opener against North Dakota (0-1) on Saturday. After reviewing film, Peveto is most impressed with North Dakota's 3-4 defense. The Fighting Sioux lost to Texas Tech 38-13 on Sept. 5.

"North Dakota is a very good football team," Peveto said. "Defensively, they play extremely hard. You don't see a lot of the 3-4 defense anymore. They do a great job of running it. They're a fun defense to watch. I think they defended Tech as good as anybody in a long time."

What can we do to get it on more ND systems?

There may be some other reason that your local midco is showing another game, but that would be the only place to contact, your local midco office. If they are blaming it on someone else, they're just not telling the truth.

I've had the same problem with NCC Ray cable at times in the past (although it appears they will show the game this time) and they frustrated me to the point that I installed my own system and got dishnetwork for regular TV. Nice that dish also has the local networks in western ND.

Sprig,

Have you heard anything for sure if this weekend's game will be at the same satellite coordinates that the FSSN normally uses? I would assume so, but on a few occasions in the past, hockey road games picked up by FSSN have been on a different sat, and I can rember an instance or two where the game was only available on GF cable, and couldn't be scanned in on FTA.........

Sprig,

Have you heard anything for sure if this weekend's game will be at the same satellite coordinates that the FSSN normally uses? I would assume so, but on a few occasions in the past, hockey road games picked up by FSSN have been on a different sat, and I can rember an instance or two where the game was only available on GF cable, and couldn't be scanned in on FTA.........

Assume it will be on 91W at the coordinates listed on the REA website; different transponder than last year, but same satellite. I'll be looking for signal on that transponder, if not there, it's blind scan time. Guess I don't remember a time when it was cable only, no satellite. Must have been a WDAZ production only, without REA's uplink.

Sprig,

Jamie at the REA says it will be downlinked via listed FSSN coordinates. Not sure if this game is 7PM or 6PM CDT; different sites list it differently?

Jamie at the REA says it will be downlinked via listed FSSN coordinates. Not sure if this game is 7PM or 6PM CDT; different sites list it differently?

Thanks, Jamie has never afforded me the courtesy of answering any of the many questions I have ever asked.

I believe gametime is 6:00 Central.

I think the deal with everyone getting the non-Sioux game is that is the game that Midco themselves are producing.

Latest from Midco regarding the game being televised on the Bismarck-Mandan system is that "the Southland conference is producing the game and failed to include Bis-Man on their list of systems that could cover the game." I told the CSR that I think someone at Midco dropped the ball and failed to include Bis-Man on the list of systems. They claim they can't show the game unless the Southland conference answers their calls and emails and adds Bis-Man to the coverage list.

Apologies for my contribution to the confusion -- SiouxSports just loaded the GWFC composite schedule, which still (incorrectly?) lists it as 7pm CT, while the NSU schedule clearly lists it as 6pm CT. I really should double-check them all, as I remember the GWFC schedule getting at least one wrong last year, too.

Apologies for my contribution to the confusion -- SiouxSports just loaded the GWFC composite schedule, which still (incorrectly?) lists it as 7pm CT, while the NSU schedule clearly lists it as 6pm CT. I really should double-check them all, as I remember the GWFC schedule getting at least one wrong last year, too.

Thanks for the correction; isn't the Cal Poly game listed in the schedule here as a road game actually a home game?

Thanks, Jamie has never afforded me the courtesy of answering any of the many questions I have ever asked.

I believe gametime is 6:00 Central.

I seldom get a return email, but this morning I did. Would be nice if they would make it more clear in their news releases for us KU band system users.

To be fair, though, it has always been on the FSSN schedule, it's the Midco cable debacle that has us confused.

Latest from Midco regarding the game being televised on the Bismarck-Mandan system is that "the Southland conference is producing the game and failed to include Bis-Man on their list of systems that could cover the game." I told the CSR that I think someone at Midco dropped the ball and failed to include Bis-Man on the list of systems. They claim they can't show the game unless the Southland conference answers their calls and emails and adds Bis-Man to the coverage list.

Keep the pressure on, people. That is unacceptable. Call, email, annoy. That's what I'm doing right now, even though I don't live there.

Thanks for the correction; isn't the Cal Poly game listed in the schedule here as a road game actually a home game?

Sheesh, of course it is. Once again, the GWFC composite schedule that I loaded has it wrong, listing it as UND @ Cal Poly (though location is Grand Forks). As promised above, I had already learned my lesson and will go through everything loaded from that schedule and double-check it, hopefully this afternoon.