SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs UNH WILDCATS

AZSIOUX

THE SKATE FOR 8 STARTS SATURDAY 1:00 PM CENTRAL TIME

Sioux head to New Hampshire to take on host team UNH then if they advance BU vs Ohio State - GO SIOUXXXXXXXXXXXXX

LAST MEETING - 2007/08 SEASON in Grand Forks - the teams split the series

und.gif

Overall Record: 24-14-4 (.619)

WCHA: 17-7-4, 38 points

Home: 14-3-2

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK-I only get ESPN and ESPN2-that is great, but when we play Sunday is there any way to watch the ESPNU game online?

I really hope we get our PP figured out!! One bright spot of this past weekend was that I got to meet Finley and Hextall in person-very cool

this site usually has them on and it should show if so the day of games

http://www.channelsurfing.net/

I don't think UNH is a bad matchup for you guys. They don't have scoring depth and their goal differential is only +4. This tells me they aren't that strong. BU isn't a great matchup for anyone, but at least if you guys get through there won't be BC waiting for you in DC. Good luck out East!

So, who wants to know about the Mildcats?

Well, for starters their powerplay is atrocious and has been all year so the Sioux better start working on theirs.

Most likely to take a dumbass penalty is Danny Dries; he's done some stupid stuff this year.

Foster, the starting goalie was lights out to begin the season, but around T'giving injured his ankle and has been nowhere near as good since. Shoot high.

UNH's D corps is prone to mistakes down low, so the Sioux should pressure them behind and around the net. Speed will be key as well, their Dmen are easy to get around and don't handle odd man situations very well.

Scoring will come from the top line, so basically JVR, Sislo, LeBlanc. Other than them I don't think they have any other double digit goal scorers.

And of course Little Kessel is on UNH.

Not to overly optimistic about our chances getting out of this regional. It seems as if the Sioux doesn't like to come out to play in tournaments. Hopefully they'll change that when they play UNH.

And with the possibility of then having to play BU....yikes. I'd like to think the Sioux would love to kick there arses for being embarrassed by them earlier in the season but I dunno BU might just be to good.

None the less, I'll be sitting in front of the TV this weekend cheering for the Sioux and hoping for them to surprise me.

GO SIOUX!!

P.S. to Sioux: This would be a great weekend to get the PP and PK back in line!

Anyone heading to Manchester next weekend?

Count on two more Sioux fans making the trek from Minnesota. Hopefully a very entertaining weekend.

My two sons and I were out in Worcester when the Sioux beat both BC and BU (mini beanpot!)..

Anything can happen at this point in the season..

UNH was resting this weekend, just like us :lol: They are going to be fresh and near home. We will have our work cut out for us.

They have beaten some good teams this year.

I saw JVR in the WJC, and the kid has some tremendous skill.

Fortunately they are even more woeful on the PP than we are. They score on 11.5% of man advantages.

UNH is also 1-9-0 when trailing after one. We must score first. We need to come out flying. It is a mental thing. They seldom come from behind and we seldom lose when playing with a lead.

I don't think UNH is a bad matchup for you guys. They don't have scoring depth and their goal differential is only +4. This tells me they aren't that strong. BU isn't a great matchup for anyone, but at least if you guys get through there won't be BC waiting for you in DC. Good luck out East!

Thanks!

OK-I only get ESPN and ESPN2-that is great, but when we play Sunday is there any way to watch the ESPNU game online?

I really hope we get our PP figured out!! One bright spot of this past weekend was that I got to meet Finley and Hextall in person-very cool

Not positive but they might play it on ESPN360 which usually is free, it may depend on who your internet provider is. I know its free for me, not sure about anyone else.