SiouxSports.com Forum

Early Departures

AZSIOUX

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the Sioux blog:

UND is now awaiting word from Chris VandeVelde on whether he will return for his senior season. If VandeVelde returns, barring anything strange, it will mark the first time since the summer of 1999 that UND didn't lose anyone early to the pros. You all know what happened the next year.

UND is now awaiting word from Chris VandeVelde on whether he will return for his senior season. If VandeVelde returns, barring anything strange, it will mark the first time since the summer of 1999 that UND didn't lose anyone early to the pros. You all know what happened the next year.

The Sioux won #7.

I know this is the wrong thread but if VV comes back I can seriously see us being a top 5 team next year and I think our d will be better despite losing 3 seniors.

I think if UND gets VV back that should make UND one of the teams to beat.

BU loses a TON this offseason:

Wilson (he's leaving), Higgins, Yip, Lawrence, Gilroy, plus two more seniors. That's 5 of their top 6 scorers gone. Plus they could also lose 1-2 more in early departures.

If VandeVelde stays, I really think the Sioux will be contending once again for the MacNaughton and will definitely be in the mix again for the NCAA's. VV could be a legitimate Hobey contender.

Wilson (he's leaving), Higgins, Yip, Lawrence, Gilroy, plus two more seniors. That's 5 of their top 6 scorers gone. Plus they could also lose 1-2 more in early departures.

If VandeVelde stays, I really think the Sioux will be contending once again for the MacNaughton and will definitely be in the mix again for the NCAA's. VV could be a legitimate Hobey contender.

agree 100% I loved the vv, frattin malone line used against unh. that line could be dominate next year

I sure hope your asumption is right! Agree with BU being much weaker next year. I'm sure Nashville cant wait to sign him...

Next year we'll definately be in the top 3 for sure. I'm excited to see how Blood, Macwilliams, and Fienhage (spelling) adjust to frequent playing time at the college level.

I am giddy for next season.

VV would obviously be a big loss, but even if he goes I still think we would be the favorite for the MacNaughton based off the fact that I don't think it will be as strong of a conference next year relative to past years. Based on the conferences earlier depatures already (and more to come), the Sioux still bring back the best team in my opinion.

I think the league will be better next year.

Denver's beat writer recently posted on his blog that he expects next year to be Gwoz's best team yet. They bring back a deep group and add a great class. Wisconsin also has high hopes for next year, as they were very young and have the really high-end talent that just needs to mature. MN didn't lose much and I'm guessing their fans expect them to be better.

Denver's beat writer recently posted on his blog that he expects next year to be Gwoz's best team yet. They bring back a deep group and add a great class. Wisconsin also has high hopes for next year, as they were very young and have the really high-end talent that just needs to mature. MN didn't lose much and I'm guessing their fans expect them to be better.

And UND will be a pretty good team as well.

I agree, but how is Wisconsin going to handle a team of 30 some players? This could get interesting in the summer.

I think you just named the other teams that will finish top four in the league next year (along with UND).

I don't agree with the DU writer, I think their last NT team with Stastny, Carle, Mannino, Gauthier, etc was better than what they will see next year. They will have another deep offense, depending on what Ruegsegger and Rahkshani do. Colborne and Wiercioch will be very good next year.

I would be surprised if UW doesn't lose a couple of their dmen studs this offseason (in addition to McBain). McDonough could certainly sign. And we could see some more de-commitments from UW with them having 7 extra forwards come next fall...

There's all sorts of rumors about UMN players leaving early. Schroeder, depending on who drafts him, Hoeffel, Flynn, etc.

It should be an interesting offseason! :silly:

Agreed about Vandy...I think he had 18 goals this year and hopefully could push that to 25 or more next year if he stays. Regarding BU well they won the title so early departures are expected. They will be nowhere near the team they were this year.

I think you just named the other teams that will finish top four in the league next year (along with UND).

I don't agree with the DU writer, I think their last NT team with Stastny, Carle, Mannino, Gauthier, etc was better than what they will see next year. They will have another deep offense, depending on what Ruegsegger and Rahkshani do. Colborne and Wiercioch will be very good next year.

I would be surprised if UW doesn't lose a couple of their dmen studs this offseason (in addition to McBain). McDonough could certainly sign. And we could see some more de-commitments from UW with them having 7 extra forwards come next fall...

There's all sorts of rumors about UMN players leaving early. Schroeder, depending on who drafts him, Hoeffel, Flynn, etc.

It should be an interesting offseason! :silly:

I don't see Flynn signing...he sucks at the college level. Schroeder will be back but so what...they lose Stoa who was far and away their best player. Leddy will be another Ness and will have a rude welcome to college hockey. Gophs D might be better next year but I don't see them as a contender....