SiouxSports.com Forum

2009 WCHA FINAL 5

AZSIOUX

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your willing to be subject to another BC beat down just to keep the harmless Gophers out of the tourney? :glare:

A friend of mine once asked me how bad I hate the Gophers. I thought for a second and told him "if they reunited the Soviet 1980 Olympic team and sent them to Mariucci Arena to play Minnesota, I'd be there at center ice wearing my red CCCP jersey screaming 'Let's go Commies.'"

As I recall, BC also beat Minnesota in last year's tournament.

A friend of mine once asked me how bad I hate the Gophers. I thought for a second and told him "if they reunited the Soviet 1980 Olympic team and sent them to Mariucci Arena to play Minnesota, I'd be there at center ice wearing my red CCCP jersey screaming 'Let's go Commies.'"

Now that is funny (true, but funny) :glare:

... I'd be there at center ice wearing my red CCCP jersey screaming 'Let's go Commies.'

Might look nice with your Maine gear. :glare:

I really hope I don't have to go to the games the rest of the weekend and watch other teams.

Friday night Gophs/UND would be a little fun.

my gut says look for a sioux player to win a nice award tomorrow night. just a hunch

it won't be player of the year (as i don't think duncs was even on the ballot)

possibly roy? although i think the dman from du has gained alot of steam in the second half

on a side note, they had duncs in the top ten hobey list on inch, finally getting some recognition for what he's done this year.

http://insidecollegehockey.com/7Archives/H...racker_0725.htm

it won't be player of the year (as i don't think duncs was even on the ballot)

possibly roy? although i think the dman from du has gained alot of steam in the second half

on a side note, they had duncs in the top ten hobey list on inch, finally getting some recognition for what he's done this year.

http://insidecollegehockey.com/7Archives/H...racker_0725.htm

duncs has been in and out of INCH hobey tracker so hes been getting props but lets remeber hes turned it on more lately. he didnt have great numbers at all to begin with like the entire team

my guess will be genoway for defensive player of the year and hak coach of the year

genoway 1st team and duncan 2nd team with eidsness as well, gregoire/eidsness on all rookie team

schroeder/eidsness/wiercioch could all share ROY but i say schroeder wins it

duncs has been in and out of INCH hobey tracker so hes been getting props but lets remeber hes turned it on more lately. he didnt have great numbers at all to begin with like the entire team

my guess will be genoway for defensive player of the year and hak coach of the year

genoway 1st team and duncan 2nd team with eidsness as well, gregoire/eidsness on all rookie team

All three are deserving, I won't have a problem with whoever wins it.

there ya go

genoway = DPY

hakstol = COY

HERALD

UND's Dave Hakstol is the league's coach of the year.

Other big awards Thursday went to Wisconsin defenseman Jamie McBain as the player of the year; Denver defenseman J.P. Testwuide as outstanding student-athlete of the year; and Minnesota's Jordan Schroeder as rookie of the year.

Genoway made the all-league first team, along with McBain at defense; Ryan Stoa of Minnesota, Chad Rau of Colorado College and Ryan Lasch of St. Cloud State at forward; and Alex Stalock of Minnesota-Duluth at goalie.

UND's Ryan Duncan is on the second all-league team and Sioux goalie Brad Eidsness is on the third team. Eidsness also made the all-rookie team.

2008-09 All-WCHA First Team

Pos Name Team Ht Wt Yr Hometown

F Ryan Stoa Minnesota 6-3 212 Jr Bloomington, MN

F Chad Rau Colorado College 5-11 180 Sr Eden Prairie, MN

F Ryan Lasch St. Cloud State 5-7 175 Jr Lake Forest, CA

D Jamie McBain Wisconsin 6-2 197 Jr Faribault, MN

D Chay Genoway UND 5-8 165 Jr Morden, MB

G Alex Stalock Minnesota Duluth 6-0 185 Jr South St. Paul

2008-09 All-WCHA Second Team

F Ryan Duncan UND 5-6 160 Sr Calgary, AB

F Jordan Schroeder Minnesota 5-9 180 Fr Prior Lake, MN

F Justin Fontaine Duluth 5-11 165 So Bonnyville, AB

D Patrick Wiercioch Denver 6-4 185 Fr Maple Grove, BC

D Garrett Raboin St. Cloud 5-11 175 Jr Detroit Lakes, MN

G Marc Cheverie Denver 6-3 180 So Cole Harbour, NS

2008-09 All-WCHA Third Team

F Garrett Roe St. Cloud State 5-9 175 So Vienna, VA

F Anthony Maiani Denver 5-7 150 So Shelby Township, MI

F Rhett Rakhshani Denver 5-10 180 Jr Huntington Beach, CA

D Josh Meyers Minnesota Duluth 6-3 195 Sr Alexandria, MN

D Kurt Davis Minnesota State 5-9 175 So Plymouth, MN

G Brad Eidsness UND 6-0 175 Fr Chestermere, AB

2008-09 All-WCHA Rookie Team

Pos Name Team Ht Wt Yr Hometown Votes

F Jordan Schroeder Minnesota 5-9 180 Fr Prior Lake, MN

F Joe Colborne Denver 6-5 195 Fr Calgary, AB

F Mike Connolly Minnesota Duluth 5-8 180 Fr Calgary, AB

D Patrick Wiercioch Denver 6-4 185 Fr Maple Grove, BC

D Jake Gardiner Wisconsin 6-2 181 Fr Minnetonka, MN

G Brad Eidsness UND 6-0 175 Fr Chestermere, AB

Might look nice with your Maine gear. :D

I really hope I don't have to go to the games the rest of the weekend and watch other teams.

Friday night Gophs/UND would be a little fun.

It's funny you mention that...I almost did bring along the Maine jersey for tonight. Alas, I think I'm goin' Russian Red Army jersey.

Tell ya what, when UMD takes the ice against the Sioux on Friday night, stop by section 102 and I'll flag down a beer-man for ya so you can drown your sorrows courtesy of me. :glare:

As I recall, BC also beat Minnesota in last year's tournament.

I've had this tagline as long as I've been on Sioux Sports...thank you Comrade Chevalsky... :glare:

SIOUX FANS: Make the trip down to the Cities, tickets will be very very cheap as many gopher fans were already trying to sell them tonight. The next two days down here are going to be very very fun. We went to the bars in St. Paul, then a suburb 30 miles away, and saw Sioux fans everywhere. It's great to be a part of this fanbase!

GO SIOUX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!