SiouxSports.com Forum

Need Input on Jersey

ILOVEHOCKEY15

Those will be coming back into style very soon, I think.

yeah, one more year as the sioux... then we can all enjoy the "north dakota" jerseys again. kind of sad, but it is what it is, and we all need to move on at some point. i'm not there yet ;) but i guess that means all of the sioux gear we have all collected all these years will be collectors items now??

Since I couldn't make it to the Final Five, I was going to treat myself to an authentic jersey from the SiouxShop. It looks like they don't carry them anymore. ;) Is the end upon us?

I've heard two theories about that.

1) The Sioux nickname era is about to end.

2) They wanted to wait on re-ordering them so they could include the diagonal "SIOUX" on the ND shoulder patches.

I hope it's the latter...

hopefully there wont ever be a new nickname, there isnt a need for one at all. first off they all sound like crap when trying to think of one as im sure most would agree and second its just not needed imo. we will lose the sioux nickname at some point but just roll with THE UNIVERSITY OF NORTH DAKOTA as my good buddy jason suggested when i was back in grand forks for the gopher series. the more i thought about it the more i agreed. fans will always use the word sioux and sport the jerseys if they choose to and the new jerseys can simply say UND or NORTH DAKOTA for example. dont change to another nickname because the ncaa wants us to. if we have to drop it then so be it as it just seems like a matter of time but stick with THE UNIVERSITY OF NORTH DAKOTA and UND and we will forever refer to the university how we choose to

hopefully there wont ever be a new nickname, there isnt a need for one at all. first off they all sound like crap when trying to think of one as im sure most would agree and second its just not needed imo. we will lose the sioux nickname at some point but just roll with THE UNIVERSITY OF NORTH DAKOTA as my good buddy jason suggested when i was back in grand forks for the gopher series. the more i thought about it the more i agreed. fans will always use the word sioux and sport the jerseys if they choose to and the new jerseys can simply say UND or NORTH DAKOTA for example. dont change to another nickname because the ncaa wants us to. if we have to drop it then so be it as it just seems like a matter of time but stick with THE UNIVERSITY OF NORTH DAKOTA and UND and we will forever refer to the university how we choose to

Totally agree with everything you just said. Just "The University of North Dakota" would be great. We don't need a nickname just for the sake of having one.

Totally agree with everything you just said. Just "The University of North Dakota" would be great. We don't need a nickname just for the sake of having one.

Like Dartmouth (right?)... It's a good idea we will be known by nothing other than the Sioux while technically having no name. Also, it puts more emphasis on the school's name and the state, which would be cool.

Now, I'll tie this back to the topic... I like the "North Dakota" only jerseys... like Bemidji's... very clean.

My relatives and I have been saying that very thing for a couple of years. Screw 'em, UND dosn't need a moniker to carry the program with pride. Anything else brought to the table will feel like a complete farce.

I've been hearing the "University of North Dakota" without mascot name at many rinks, for many years, if you catch them on the road, which i do every the year.

Plus, that would be unique to us and a few other schools.....

yeah, one more year as the sioux... then we can all enjoy the "north dakota" jerseys again. kind of sad, but it is what it is, and we all need to move on at some point. i'm not there yet :) but i guess that means all of the sioux gear we have all collected all these years will be collectors items now??

I doubt I'd ever buy a "plain" North Dakota jersey, or even some "new" name/logo gear. I like my Sioux garb, and intend to wear it as long as possible. I could see some Sioux gear command good pricing over time as it becomes more rare. May be the only investment worth holding over time ... :lol::sad:

I've heard two theories about that.

1) The Sioux nickname era is about to end.

2) They wanted to wait on re-ordering them so they could include the diagonal "SIOUX" on the ND shoulder patches.

I hope it's the latter...

This is the most common question I have faced in the last month. The simplest answer is that we, and most other retailers, are out of stock on some sizes and colors of the UND jersey due to a licensing/contract issue between Bauer Hockey and UND. The issue is associated with Nike selling the Bauer division. All companies who produce UND products must have a UND license to do so, Nike has that license and Bauer does not, however Bauer is the one who holds the contact for the teams jerseys. So in short, Bauer has the exclusive contract, but does not have the license to produce them. Solution Bauer hockey is currently going through the process to become licensed. My prediction, more jerseys will not be available until this summer sometime due to this issue, production time, and shipping time.

Sorry for the long answer but it should help you understand the situation. Unfortunately timing on all of this is horrible, but it was completely out of our hands.

Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Have a great day!

This is the response I got when I e-mailed the Sioux shop about the issue.

Dakota Bookstore in GF has the "swift" replicas made by K1, they are much sharper, in my opinion, than that actual Nike Swifts. (They have a larger logo, and it is the detailed one with the "Brien" visible on the feather) They also make a white version that is sharp. These are on sale now for $69, regular $89. Pick one up for the Final Five!

Dakota Bookstore in GF has the "swift" replicas made by K1, they are much sharper, in my opinion, than that actual Nike Swifts. (They have a larger logo, and it is the detailed one with the "Brien" visible on the feather) They also make a white version that is sharp. These are on sale now for $69, regular $89. Pick one up for the Final Five!

Yea, I don't want a swift though... I have the cheaper green one, but want the white one that is closer (or actually) what they currently wear on the ice.