SiouxSports.com Forum

Other WCHA and NCAA game scores

AZSIOUX

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say no.

We have the NE comparison pretty well in hand, and UMass would probably knock Mankato out of TUC consideration if they won.

I thought I saw someone else post that if Mankato drops out of TUC, then Yale won't reach 10 TUC wins, which is beneficial. And I didn't know how solidly we hold our pairwise position over NE.

I thought I saw someone else post that if Mankato drops out of TUC, then Yale won't reach 10 TUC wins, which is beneficial. And I didn't know how solidly we hold our pairwise position over NE.

Looking at it now, it looks like this game will have no bearing on Mankato staying a TUC as they are already at 26 in RPI.

If MSU is not a TUC, it looks like the only way the Sioux can get a #1 seed is if they win the Final Five and Denver loses the third place game. So results that would be beneficial it getting Mankato back to TUC status are Alaska losing to Ohio State tonight, RIT losing in the AHA semis or Northern Michigan losing in the semis and third place game of the CCHA tourney. Those are the only teams that are close enough to falling and even then I would say an RIT loss is the only sure thing - the other results would make it pretty tight. Due to our loss to Michigan State, comparisons against Notre Dame and Michigan are unwinnable, as is the one with BU, so flipping Denver is the only hope to move that final step up.

If MSU is not a TUC, it looks like the only way the Sioux can get a #1 seed is if they win the Final Five and Denver loses the third place game. So results that would be beneficial it getting Mankato back to TUC status are Alaska losing to Ohio State tonight, RIT losing in the AHA semis or Northern Michigan losing in the semis and third place game of the CCHA tourney. Those are the only teams that are close enough to falling and even then I would say an RIT loss is the only sure thing - the other results would make it pretty tight. Due to our loss to Michigan State, comparisons against Notre Dame and Michigan are unwinnable, as is the one with BU, so flipping Denver is the only hope to move that final step up.

As said above - we will probably go down in PWR, no matter what we do, if MSU is a TUC. After this weekend, Yale will have enough TUC games for this comp to count and if they win out, they will flip the PWR with us. If MSU is not a TUC they will not have 10 TUC games and the TUC comp will not be used and we can stay ahead of them.

Regarding Denver - if we both win Fri, we will gain RPI slightly due to our opponent being ranked higher in RPI (UMD and UMTC both have higher RPI vs Wisco - the winner's RPI will jump more after the game Thur). Beating Den head to head on Sat. may be enough to overtake them in the PWR.

Can't wait for the Pairwise Predictor/You are the Committe tools to come out within hours so we can see for ourselves what outcomes are needed to be a #1 seed.

If so, I can't see us being sent to Mlps, though. Notre Dame or Mich will get that call on Sun, if we are the 4th #1 seed.

A Denver loss to WI and a Sioux win on Friday flips our comparison with them. It would tie COP, we would win the TUC, they probably will still have RPI, and we will have H2H. We would win the PWR 2-1, we'd have 21 then and they'd have 20. THat would bea number 4 seed overall and probably a regional at Mariucci...