SiouxSports.com Forum

Individual WCHA F5 game tickets

fight on sioux

Does anybody know the best way to go about buying final five tickets when you don't know what games the sioux will play in? I have to get 8 tickets to each game so I think it might be difficult.

I think individual game tickets go on sale the week of the final 5.

they actually go on sale tomorrow but like I said I dont want to get tickets until I know what games they will play in

In that case, you're going to have to wait until after our Friday or possibly Saturday game to see where we end up; in first or, (bite my tongue) second place. You can order at the Xcel Box office or via ticket master. If you go in person, you may have a better chance at getting 8 together in a good area.

Thats BS, they should showcase the number 1 seed in the tournament.

It used to really bother me that no matter what seed Minnesota was they played the night game, but someone pointed out to me (and I found it very smart) - if UND ends up playing the afternoon game on Friday that gives them an extra few hours of rest before that Championship game on Saturday night. (this is of course on the condition that the Sioux win the league and their 1st round playoff series - which of course they are going to do both :lol: )

It used to really bother me that no matter what seed Minnesota was they played the night game, but someone pointed out to me (and I found it very smart) - if UND ends up playing the afternoon game on Friday that gives them an extra few hours of rest before that Championship game on Saturday night. (this is of course on the condition that the Sioux win the league and their 1st round playoff series - which of course they are going to do both :lol: )

I think beating the goofs no matter what their see or time is always sweet.

Don't really care too much about the Final Five most years; especially when the Sioux Pairwise is low enough to lock them into the NCAAs...

Don't get me wrong; I enjoy the games and always go when the Sioux are there, but the last time UND and Minny met in the Final 5 Championship the Minny fans were especially obnoxious...They did beat the Sioux that night but the short-bus Gofer fans behind me apparently thought they just won a trip to the Frozen Four...I congratulated them on their team's on the big win but let them think they had just punched their ticket to the finals...

I sure wish those boys could have been around when the Sioux knocked the Goofs out of the regional a week later... :lol:

the "Minnesota rule" does not exist correct? as if we finish 1st we will play the late game friday should we advance?

It will always exist - but it only takes effect when minny places 2nd or 3rd in the league and should then play the Friday afternoon game.

The first place team is scheduled to play the winner of the Thursday night play-in game on Friday night. This year it will probaly be ND playing on Friday night against Thursday night's winner between minny/sconny - my prediction.

So - the Sioux playing Friday night as the #1 seed is pretty likely - inspite of the minny privilege - as the NY Yankees of NCAA hockey more than likely won't finish high enough to involk this STUPID rule.

Don't really care too much about the Final Five most years; especially when the Sioux Pairwise is low enough to lock them into the NCAAs...

Don't get me wrong; I enjoy the games and always go when the Sioux are there, but the last time UND and Minny met in the Final 5 Championship the Minny fans were especially obnoxious...They did beat the Sioux that night but the short-bus Gofer fans behind me apparently thought they just won a trip to the Frozen Four...I congratulated them on their team's on the big win but let them think they had just punched their ticket to the finals...

I sure wish those boys could have been around when the Sioux knocked the Goofs out of the regional a week later... :lol:

the old time goph fans that sit next to me claim that these games don't matter - the NCAAs are what really count - I'll make a point of reminding them of that again this year.

In those years where MN finishes #2 or #3 it becomes an advantage for the #1 seed to get the play-in winner on Friday afternoon. The MN rule probably hurts the play-in winner the most.