SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ BADgers

AZSIOUX

Hopefully we didn't crush whatever CC had going with that OT goal today.

CC HAS to win at DU or it is possible that they could end up as low as 7th place as well as no chance at the NCAA tourney - Denver doesn't care (according to their coach anyway) I see CC winning easily as they have much more on the line - not to mention the fact that they are the better team.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if this has been brought up before but one of the biggest questions on this team heading into the season by some people was "where was the scoring going to come from?" well after yesterdays game the Sioux have scored 128 goals, last season they scored 129 the whole season.

I don't know if this has been brought up before but one of the biggest questions on this team heading into the season by some people was "where was the scoring going to come from?" well after yesterdays game the Sioux have scored 128 goals, last season they scored 129 the whole season.

i hear ya, this balanced scoring attack has to be tough to gameplan against for the opposition. the other question mark was goaltending, and i think eidsness has answered the call there.

I think a key move was splitting Duncan and Vandevelde back in Novemberish ... that made us harder to play against.

I say win Game 1 and then rest every banged up player we can in game two.

I don't agree with that I remember I think it was in 98 or 99 we went to duluth and won the first game to win the cup and the second night we got spanked 8-0 and that loss seemed like it burst our balloon as we never were the same and got bounced in a regional.

Talk about blanaced scoring 16 players have 10 points or more.

this series will be a dog fight as I believe the Badgers will come out very motivated and ready to play as I don't think they want us celebrating on their ice.

They didn't play very motivated in Mankato.

The Badgers could be one team where the draft picks spend this week talking to the advisiors making plans post-F5/1st round playoff loss.

Yeah, who'd have believed this UND team would lead the WCHA in goal/game?

And that Brad Eidsness would rank second in GAA and first in winning percentage.

This is sort of starting to look like one of those perfect storm thingys...

And that Brad Eidsness would rank second in GAA and first in winning percentage.

You guys remember around the first of the year where I said this team was a lock for the McNaughton cup, right?

I say win Game 1 and then rest every banged up player we can in game two.

ine

Oh and Miller looked like he was playing hurt.

Team first, Miller. He takes a weekend off if things look the same next week.

Finehage actually dressed on sunday and was warming up before

the game. I'm glad Millsy toughed it out though

I'm headed to Mad-Town on thursday with a bunch of buddies....man I hope than can hoist that cup. Seniors deserve to hang a banner for the success they have had during their time here. Scary to think what the class would have been like it we kept all we had. (i.e. Osh, Toews, Chorns and Lee)

GO SIOUX!!!

Scary to think what the class would have been like it we kept all we had. (i.e. Osh, Toews, Chorns and Lee)

Yeah, think of that team! Although this year's vintage seems to have bonded in ways that our previous star-laden squads haven't.

Yeah, think of that team! Although this year's vintage seems to have bonded in ways that our previous star-laden squads haven't.

agreed. not to say that I wouldn't want toews or oshie back or for that matter chorney, but this year's team is better for them having left as they are truly a TEAM this season and are producing like no team of the past three years has. there are no "superstars" to wait around and see if they do something. this is not a one line team.

This isn't directed at you MikeJM; I didn't lose faith at the begining of the season when the Sioux started out slow.

Some people were jumping off the band wagon before the first of the year.

Now we have a bunch of people running to jump back on board the Sioux band wagon.

agreed. not to say that I wouldn't want toews or oshie back or for that matter chorney, but this year's team is better for them having left as they are truly a TEAM this season and are producing like no team of the past three years has. there are no "superstars" to wait around and see if they do something. this is not a one line team.

This team is well balanced and buying into their roles and systems.

Along those lines - In PCM's USCHO article on Brad Miller there was a sidebar on "Brad Miller Time". When things weren't going rosy for this team, quite a few comments were made that the show was a distraction and that the players should have better things to do with their time.

But in the article, Hakstol says:

"In a strange way, it's a great team-building exercise," he says. "All the guys are involved in it. It's become part of what they do each week. When the guys are together and having fun, it's a good thing. It's become part of this team's personality."

It'd be nice to find a way to get a 2 seed in the NCAA's

We're a two seed right now, 7th in PWR.

Side note, how do you think that the Alaska trip, going to OT 3 of the lat 4 games and playing a saturday/sunday will impact the performance on Friday?

Its a short practice week, but there probably isn't much need for a conditioning or contact practice based on having played that much hockey recently.

If I were Hak I'd really be working the powerplay. We were close to amazing a couple times this weekend, but fell short...a couple too many passes on the goalmouth, etc.

Playoff hockey tends to be won with special teams. My practices would be:

Tonight: PP

Tuesday: breakout and odd mans

Wednesday: PK

Thursday: PP

Side note, how do you think that the Alaska trip, going to OT 3 of the lat 4 games and playing a saturday/sunday will impact the performance on Friday?

I would think the adreniline(sp) rush of being able to play for a championship will overcome this. also I think the affect of the alaska trip was probably felt the first half of Sat's game. as since then we looked pretty good when we got our legs back.

I have to believe that playing the extra period both nights against an opponent of CC's caliber probably really helped the legs. You can practice and condition 24-7, but until you go game speed for 128 in a weekend you don't know what you've got for wheels.