SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ BADgers

AZSIOUX

vandevelde-main.jpg

The Sioux head into Madison taking 3 of 4 points from CC taking over first place in the WCHA by 1 point over DU. DU has 1 game remaining vs CC this coming Saturday. No matter what DU does in that game if we win 1 game in Madison the Mcnoughton Cup will return to Grand Forks for the first time since 2004. If we somehow ending up tied with DU for the cup they share the title but the Sioux own the tiebreaker for WCHA playoff seedings. UW comes off a 1 point weekend in Mankato losing Friday night and managing a tie Saturday night. UW is 0-3-1 in their last 4 games and 4-5-1 in their last 10 games........ GO SIOUX

LAST MEETING- Split this season in Grand Forks with the Sioux winning Friday 3-2 and UW Saturday 5-2

WCHA STANDINGS

PAIRWISE RANKINGS

und.gif

Overall Record: 21-11-4

WCHA: 16-6-4, 36 points

Home: 12-3-2

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say win Game 1 and then rest every banged up player we can in game two.

Oh and Miller looked like he was playing hurt.

Team first, Miller. He takes a weekend off if things look the same next week.

Miller was playing hurt. He was a game time decision, as Fienhage was in warmups in case he coudn't go. I guess Miller felt he was good enough to play. Hopefully he can heal whatever is hurting him so he's ready for those Badgers!

I hope the short week after a hard-fought weekend doesn't slow the team up too much. It's been a tough couple of weeks. First the long road trip to Anchorage and back where we had to work pretty hard, and then this weekend. No time to let up.

I hope the short week after a hard-fought weekend doesn't slow the team up too much. It's been a tough couple of weeks. First the long road trip to Anchorage and back where we had to work pretty hard, and then this weekend. No time to let up.

Better Dead than RED.

Get a couple of points win the cup.

Fixed it for you.

Yeah that is what a couple of 32oz beers and a stiff drink will do to you. :( :(

I told me wife the other day I will see you in April. Just in time for the Stanley Cup playoffs.

Miller was playing hurt. He was a game time decision, as Fienhage was in warmups in case he coudn't go. I guess Miller felt he was good enough to play. Hopefully he can heal whatever is hurting him so he's ready for those Badgers!

He didn't look too comfortable out there. Especially in the first period.

He didn't play poorly, but he wasn't nearly as effective.

I'm saying I'd rather have a healthy Miller for the playoffs and have him miss out on Madison than have him in Madison and potentially miss the playoffs.

Hopefully FSN Wisconsin will have them for those of us with DirecTV.

They're not. They are on "locally" on My14 Wisconsin and replayed on Wisconsin Public TV

FSN has the Yucks on Friday and WIAC basketball tourney on Saturday

They're not. They are on "locally" on My14 Wisconsin and replayed on Wisconsin Public TV

FSN has the Yucks on Friday and WIAC basketball tourney on Saturday

Yeah I remember Midcontinent(cable) picking up the My14 Wisconsin feed last year when it wasn't on FSN Wisco. So those with Midco in ND got to watch the games. Well most areas in ND were able to at least.

I'm hoping Midco will pick up the feed again and broadcast throughout ND again. I hate it when they just have it for GF area >.<.

Get Bucky some pants. Sioux Sweep. DU loses at home.

You may be on the point with DU losing. I watched portions of the DU game this weekend(thanks Midco). They played to the level of SCSU. I think they have peaked in December, since then they have gone 7-5-2. Tigers go into Denver and win. I also agree, lets get Bucky some pant. The Sioux win friday and saturday is up in the air, because of clinching the cup the night before. I see some players getting some rest.

You may be on the point with DU losing. I watched portions of the DU game this weekend(thanks Midco). They played to the level of SCSU. I think they have peaked in December, since then they have gone 7-5-2. Tigers go into Denver and win. I also agree, lets get Bucky some pant. The Sioux win friday and saturday is up in the air, because of clinching the cup the night before. I see some players getting some rest.

not only that but watching the games this weekend, i think cc looked pretty good.