SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ UAA

AZSIOUX

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My God what else could there be to do in Anchorage tonite.A whole lot of empty yellow seats tonite.

Nice performance by the Sioux tonight. I think they will leave here with 4 points. Lots of Sioux fans in the stands, great to see. Per your observation, Rube. Anchorage has other entertainment options, that is why there are available yellow seats, not to mention the fans want to see wins. Fans can only spend so much of their disposable income on hockey and most choose to go to Aces, who win more games. I am sure there is a lot going on in Jamestown tonight though. Or for that matter, what was happening in GF tonight? Otherwise, why would you be home commenting on the game live? Go Sioux and stop trying pretend like you are better than others. Jamestown...Really?

Nice performance by the Sioux tonight. I think they will leave here with 4 points. Lots of Sioux fans in the stands, great to see. Per your observation, Rube. Anchorage has other entertainment options, that is why there are available yellow seats, not to mention the fans want to see wins. Fans can only spend so much of their disposable income on hockey and most choose to go to Aces, who win more games. I am sure there is a lot going on in Jamestown tonight though. Or for that matter, what was happening in GF tonight? Otherwise, why would you be home commenting on the game live? Go Sioux and stop trying pretend like you are better than others. Jamestown...Really?

Thank you...I agree 100%. No need to belittle anyone for where they're from...especially if you're from North Dakota. Saying things towards another group for where they live is so Minnesota. Let's not be like them.

wasanodakker, I hope you don't take some people's comments as generality of what the entire group thinks.

Ripping on Jamestown or Grand Forks..."I always loved that one!"

Someday, I will escape this place! LOL

Anchorage is a nice city and it is bigger than GF, so I can completely understand that perspective.

Also, I think UAA is perpetually screwed. Why? Because, unless you are from Alaska, BC, Alberta, or Yukon (if any hockey is played there at all), it's way out there and hard to get to inexpensively. It may not even be cheap to fly there from BC or Alberta!

Being away from home is hard for kids, and many of them have already done so for 2-3 years while in juniors. So, how would you sell going even farther away from home for 4 more years?

I think Shyiak has one of the hardest recruiting jobs in all of college hockey.

He also faces a tough fan base too because they DO respond better to winning teams.

It's a no-win situation for him and UAA.

He really didn't have a choice, he had a wide open net. :silly:

Gregoire, Hextall, and Duncan were the ones doing the dirty work down low crashing the net, and then it popped out to him in the slot.

My mistake. Either way, the point was clear. The puck made it on net somehow and the rebound or the puck somehow squirted out into the open and it was banged home.

Garbage goal for sure. But it is how you beat a trap/left wing lock team like UAA when their goaltender is playing well.

We weren't the sharpest last night but Christianson was. He played nearly as outstanding as Eidsness, maybe as outstanding.

BE was clearly the player of the game.

My 3 stars:

1. Eidsness

2. Christianson

3. Hextall

HM: Genoway

Thank you...I agree 100%. No need to belittle anyone for where they're from...especially if you're from North Dakota. Saying things towards another group for where they live is so Minnesota. Let's not be like them.

wasanodakker, I hope you don't take some people's comments as generality of what the entire group thinks.

Good points.

Did anyone think UAA goal was off sides? My buddy and I thought it was.

I would agree other than I would flip Hextall and Genoway, just for going right back out on the ice after the painful shot block alone.

My mistake. Either way, the point was clear. The puck made it on net somehow and the rebound or the puck somehow squirted out into the open and it was banged home.

Garbage goal for sure. But it is how you beat a trap/left wing lock team like UAA when their goaltender is playing well.

We weren't the sharpest last night but Christianson was. He played nearly as outstanding as Eidsness, maybe as outstanding.

BE was clearly the player of the game.

My 3 stars:

1. Eidsness

2. Christianson

3. Hextall

HM: Genoway

Thought this was interesting on the Sioux blog.

Records since 2009 started:

UND 10-1-2

St. Cloud State 7-4-1

Minnesota-Duluth 8-5

Wisconsin 6-5

Denver 5-4-3

Colorado College 4-3-3

MSU-Mankato 5-6

Minnesota 5-7-1

Anchorage 3-7-3

Michigan Tech 0-7-4

That's insane. Hopefully the Sioux can keep it up!