SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ UAA

AZSIOUX

und16.jpg

The Sioux travel to Anchorage after sweeping the MSU Mavericks with the help of a mini 3rd period late comeback. UAA is coming off a tie and a loss to the Gophers grabbing 1 point. Another HUGE WCHA series for the Sioux as they are now tied with DU for 1st place overall. Best wishes to Derrick Lapoint after that tough injury Saturday. GO SIOUXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

LAST MEETING - The 2 teams split in Grand Forks earlier this season in November

WCHA STANDINGS

PAIRWISE RANKINGS

und.gif

Overall Record: 18-11-3 (.609)

WCHA: 13-6-3, 29 points

Home: 11-3-1

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We need another four points!! Nothing more needs to be said. Let's hope Z jones is back as we will really need him now. Ben Blood....be ready as you are in from here on out. I wouldn't mind seeing Fienhage get a game or two though as who knows if there is another injury.

no, the cc series in grand forks?

My original post was confusing... I was predicting the other series between UW v DU and UMN v CC this upcoming weekend.

SO let me rephrase...

I predict:

UND Sweep

DU and UW Split

CC Sweeps the evil empire

therefore, go CC (next weekend)

CC? Well, if we play against UW and CC like we did against Mankato, I'd be happy with a split in each series.

We cannot get as many PP chances as we did tonight and play as lackluster as we did at times tonight and expect to win.

UW is red hot. CC, however, is a VERY beatable team right now.

If we can get back into our stride, we could very well sweep UAA and CC and the inevitable split vs. UW (their style just doesn't work for us) will be acceptable.

That's my ideal. I just don't see us sweeping UW regardless of how the CC and UAA series go.

CC? Well, if we play against UW and CC like we did against Mankato, I'd be happy with a split in each series.

We cannot get as many PP chances as we did tonight and play as lackluster as we did at times tonight and expect to win.

UW is red hot. CC, however, is a VERY beatable team right now.

If we can get back into our stride, we could very well sweep UAA and CC and the inevitable split vs. UW (their style just doesn't work for us) will be acceptable.

That's my ideal. I just don't see us sweeping UW regardless of how the CC and UAA series go.

so lets make sure we have a 1 point lead on them heading into that series so a split can win the cup !!

My original post was confusing... I was predicting the other series between UW v DU and UMN v CC this upcoming weekend.

SO let me rephrase...

I predict:

UND Sweep

DU and UW Split

CC Sweeps the evil empire

therefore, go CC (next weekend)

ah ha, sounds good !

We need another four points!! Nothing more needs to be said. Let's hope Z jones is back as we will really need him now. Ben Blood....be ready as you are in from here on out. I wouldn't mind seeing Fienhage get a game or two though as who knows if there is another injury.

I think we need at least three points and a sweep would be nice.

I love Hextall, but I think the most vital player we need back right now is Jones.

Fienhage and Blood are fine players and will do well, but with each game meaning so much and one of our top D (yeah, he's been a go to guy on the PK too) in LaPoint out for the season, we need Jones' bad.

If not, who replaces LaPoint on the PK unit?

These are the situations where I prefer to quote Jake Taylor (the character from the move Major League, not the gopher flunkie)

from imdb.com

Jake Taylor: [Jake stands up] Well then I guess there's only one thing left to do.

Roger Dorn: What's that?

Jake Taylor: Win the whole f***ng thing.

however in the movie they only won the division, nothing else. I'd prefer to win everything. ;)