SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs MSU MAVERICKS

AZSIOUX

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't you think it was predictable that the Sioux would see much more powerplay time after the hit on LaPoint? Since I was at the game and didn't see the replay, I only know that I thought it was another hit from behind that went uncalled, and put us in a bad situation for the rest of the game. I was pretty sure the refs would try make things right, except how do replace a defenseman possibly for the year.

i dont think it was a penalty , maybe but i say it wasnt. and we had like 10 pp chances tonight, we had tons of them

That was one of the dirtiest plays I have seen this year next to the Todd Bertuzzi attack by Brian Schack.

what i didn't understand is he goes all jonesy rage blackout trying to fight the ar to get at zajac, then goes through the handshake line with a smile and shake the coaches hand? im sure he was frustrated the rest of his team didn't help him out this weekend, but the stick crap like that has no place... and i highly doubt there will be any noise from the wcha or additional suspension. i'm sure they already have a press release typed up saying they are satisfied with how msum handled the situation, and there will be no further action.

on another note, about the penalty discrepancy, if the worse team is getting called for penalties that they are committing, why is that an issue? i wish the officials would just call the game as it should reguardless of who's up or down and who already has more penalties. this "creating parity" officiating can be really frustrating... here's a novel idea, don't cheat, and you won't spend all day in the box.

Great sweep, but man, what is with all the odd-man rushes allowed?

Gotta tighten up on that crap.

I'm proud to see the Sioux not go all ape-sh*t in retaliation for the Lapoint injury. This game could've gotten real ugly.

Oh, and those standings: 7 teams separated by 6 points? Wow, gonna be a fun last three weeks in the regular season.

Guessing it had something to do with Miller, Marto, Finley and Genoway logging about 20 minutes of ice each for the last two periods. Our dmen had to be standing on rubber legs at the end of the third. Fortunately Genoway and Marto are two of the smoothest skaters in the league. I highly doubt any other dman in college hockey could've done what CHay did on that Rush given how much ice he logged and it being the end of a shift...man that was impressive...no wonder he wins the iron man.

TH is usually all over the cheap plays in very homeristic manner. He did not say a word when it happened.

I'm inclined to think it wasn't dirty, just unfortunate.

At the end of the post game basically said that it was a shame that Buress didn't get what was coming to him.

At the end of the post game basically said that it was a shame that Buress didn't get what was coming to him.

What does a football player that shot himself in the leg (dear lord) have to do with this?

Bruess would certainly have paid for it if fighting were allowed, but we were playing so tenuously despite the PP advantage that I'm grateful no one did throw down.

yeah from friday with his 2 dirty hits. finley said he tried but bruess wasnt having it. hes a hell of a player actually. plays hard but went over the top friday then the lapoint thing didnt help his cause but it wasnt a dirty play like some have suggested

TH is usually all over the cheap plays in very homeristic manner. He did not say a word when it happened.

I'm inclined to think it wasn't dirty, just unfortunate.

It reminded me of the Travis Roy incident a bit...but Bruess is still a dirty player, as evidenced by his 2 plays last night and in years past.

What does a football player that shot himself in the leg (dear lord) have to do with this?

Bruess would certainly have paid for it if fighting were allowed, but we were playing so tenuously despite the PP advantage that I'm grateful no one did throw down.

fighting is allowed, you just get a 1 game suspension for it :huh: im glad we kept our heads as well with all the pp chances we have. we got the 2 points whihc is most important. great win

It will be interesting to see what Chris has to say about the cheap play of the Mavs this weekend. A kneeing by Bruess, a check from behind by Breuss, not counting the one I thought happened to Lapoint, a roundhouse slash by a Mav player after the game. Let's not forget Bruess was involved with Kaip two years ago when Kaip was begging Hak to be able to let him have it, then he did get what for from Kaip last year when he was running JPL. Add the concussion to Lucia to the list, and you have an out of control player. It's funny how things like this seem to miss the eye of Chris, but then again his credibility is very suspect.

Not that I want to sound like Donna Lucia, but the way this league is going you're almost going to have to have guys that you can afford to fight.

Look at it, last night you have a kneeing and CFB that weren't adequately called. Then with a minute to go in a game that's all but done you have a player take a major high sticking penalty without a DQ.

Then tonight you have a major slash at the whistle, apparently uncalled for.

What's going to stop it besides having a guy going all Schack over these guys? (Which the league has all but given their blessing for.)

I remember the good old days and they weren't all bad. But this isn't what college hockey was supposed to be.

The leadership in the WCHA office has to go, soon.

Chris who?

yeah from friday with his 2 dirty hits. finley said he tried but bruess wasnt having it. hes a hell of a player actually. plays hard but went over the top friday then the lapoint thing didnt help his cause but it wasnt a dirty play like some have suggested

I am going to respectfully disagree with you Bruess is is a cheap thug and will pay for his misdeeds eventually. While I can't stand Tony Lucia, Buress cheap from behind hit on his was bush league, the attempted leg check on Chay Genoway was also classless. Finley basically said that he

will come to collect some day. if you take in the whole picture over the years Buress punching Rylan Kaip while Kaip took them I just re-watched the hit and I think it might be border line slough foot. I dunno.

Not that I want to sound like Donna Lucia, but the way this league is going you're almost going to have to have guys that you can afford to fight.

Look at it, last night you have a kneeing and CFB that weren't adequately called. Then with a minute to go in a game that's all but done you have a player take a major high sticking penalty without a DQ.

Then tonight you have a major slash at the whistle, apparently uncalled for.

What's going to stop it besides having a guy going all Schack over these guys? (Which the league has all but given their blessing for.)

I remember the good old days and they weren't all bad. But this isn't what college hockey was supposed to be.

The leadership in the WCHA office has to go, soon.

Chris who?

I think he is talking about Chris from WCH... The WCHA leadership sucks.

I am going to respectfully disagree with you Bruess is is a cheap thug and will pay for his misdeeds eventually. While I can't stand Tony Lucia, Buress cheap from behind hit on his was bush league, the attempted leg check on Chay Genoway was also classless. Finley basically said that he

will come to collect some day. if you take in the whole picture over the years Buress punching Rylan Kaip while Kaip took them I just re-watched the hit and I think it might be border line slough foot. I dunno.

i never said he wasnt cheap, i said hes a very good hockey player which he is and said he took some cheap shots friday for sure. finley never said he will come to colect. i listened to to the interview. he said he tried to get at him late and bruess didnt wana go. bruess didnt know kaip wasnt allowed to fight back, come on goon. i respect your opinions as well but things happen. and what does tony lucia have to do with you not liking bruess? just curious wy you even throw his name in there when he has nothing to do with this incident at all. the lapoint injury wasnt cheap. they showed it over and over and the announcers even said it was a freak injury. just sucks lapoint is lost for a while

and i would say bruess isnta thug but for sure a GOON :huh::huh:

i never said he wasnt cheap, i said hes a very good hockey player which he is and said he took some cheap shots friday for sure. finley never said he will come to colect. i listened to to the interview. he said he tried to get at him late and bruess didnt wana go. bruess didnt know kaip wasnt allowed to fight back, come on goon. i respect your opinions as well but things happen. and what does tony lucia have to do with you not liking bruess? just curious wy you even throw his name in there when he has nothing to do with this incident at all

I am talking about the CFB on Lucia in the MSU-M series where he was injuried, he recieved a concussion. I am saying there is a pattern he is a very dirty cheap player. I talked a few Mavericks fans that thought the same thing. Yes he did Finley bascially in so many words said Buress would come looking for Buress. I listened to it in my car after the game.