SiouxSports.com Forum

2013 Frozen Four in Pittsburgh Plans

JESUS,family,rutgers

There is an article about Robert Morris,the Pittsburgh Penguins, and the city trying to get the 2013 Frozen Four at the new Pittsburgh Arena in today's Pittsbughlive.com,but for some reason it won't link. Anyway, they seem very enthusiastic about it. Maybe those of you with more computer skills(that would be everyone who isn't Amish) can get the link to work.

Just for you JFR:

Pittsburgh 2013 Frozen Four

At the bottom of the article, it talks about other cities wanting it in 2013, including St. Louis, Kansas City, and Omaha. If those are my 4 options, including Pittsburgh, it's a no-brainer that Pittsburgh gets it. I was in St. Louis and I didn't enjoy it immensely.

I cant think of a better city to host a NCAA national championship than Omaha, Nebraska.

Actually Omaha IS a good sports city, regardless of the sport. UNO and the Omaha Lancers both have a decent following, people pack the stands for the College World Series year after year, and they basically sold out a huge arena for the Olympic swimming trials last summer.

AND it's a short driving distance. So, really the only problem would be that there's no big brewery to tour!

Actually Omaha IS a good sports city, regardless of the sport. UNO and the Omaha Lancers both have a decent following, people pack the stands for the College World Series year after year, and they basically sold out a huge arena for the Olympic swimming trials last summer.

AND it's a short driving distance. So, really the only problem would be that there's no big brewery to tour!

But the Bass Pro Shop is right across the river! :angry:

Philly was one of the rejected applicants in the last round, right? (When D.C., Ford Field, Mpls, and Tampa were awarded).

While Pittsburgh is drivable for me, it's much less accessible to the East Coast at large than Philly would have been. I'm not sure if the added convenience to the Eastern Midwest is enough to offset that, but I would still guess it an easy sellout and an amusing place to visit. Good luck to them!

Philly was one of the rejected applicants in the last round, right? (When D.C., Ford Field, Mpls, and Tampa were awarded).

While Pittsburgh is drivable for me, it's much less accessible to the East Coast at large than Philly would have been. I'm not sure if the added convenience to the Eastern Midwest is enough to offset that, but I would still guess it an easy sellout and an amusing place to visit. Good luck to them!

I'd love to see it in Omaha. If four years my boys would be 11 and 7, perfect age for their first Frozen Four!! Plus Omaha's my old stomping gound (spent a couple of years at Creighton), and the weather can be very nice in april. It can also be crappy, but you should be able to get a couple of rounds of golf in April!!

Go Omaha, Go!!