SiouxSports.com Forum

Notre Dame vs Michigan pics

SiouxperDave

Anytime I've watched CCHA games I've thought that the teams don't look at good as a WCHA matchup. However, this weekend these two teams looked better than anyone in the WCHA. PWR may be right.

DU lit up Notre Dame earlier this season so I don't know what to make out of them. BU beat Micigan like 7-2 and UND 5-1 so I don't know. I saw Miami play this weekend and I was not impressed one bit with them. Any thing can happen when you get to the tourney.

DU lit up Notre Dame earlier this season so I don't know what to make out of them. BU beat Micigan like 7-2 and UND 5-1 so I don't know. I saw Miami play this weekend and I was not impressed one bit with them. Any thing can happen when you get to the tourney.

But... a lot of those were at the beginning of the season, correct? I would venture to guess Notre Dame has improved since that first game of the year. And I really don't think BU would beat us by that score at this time. It's tough to say.

But... a lot of those were at the beginning of the season, correct? I would venture to guess Notre Dame has improved since that first game of the year. And I really don't think BU would beat us by that score at this time. It's tough to say.

seems like every game is different, who would have thought UND would have lit up some many good goalie this season?

I like UND's chances IF they get in the NCAA tourney. If they get that three spot they have a very good chance to win the Final Five.

I think BSU's rink is nicer than that the Notre Dame one. I noticed the Participation banners like SCSU.

NICE pictures though. I would have liked to see that game.

6 out of the 12 CCHA teams wouldn't have arenas big enough for the WCHA, including Notre Dame and Miami.

On a side note, Northern Michigan's arena is actually too small for the WCHA, so could they even get in the WCHA if they/we wanted?

I think BSU's rink is nicer than that the Notre Dame one. I noticed the Participation banners like SCSU.

NICE pictures though. I would have liked to see that game.

The participation banner is the first thing I noticed. I guess not everyone has the privilege of hanging seven national championship banners in their rink. I do, however, give props to Notre Dame for improving their hockey program (mostly because of being at the F4 in Denver and seeing first-hand that they have some loyal fans).

On a side note, does anyone else feel that Michigan has the ugliest helmets in all of hockey? I mean really, why would a person design something that unappealing? Even after watching the Habs lose to the Bruins today in those awful striped jerseys, Michigan has to have the ugliest apparel in hockey solely because of those helmets.

On another side note, I wish those ugly striped "Where's Waldo?" jerseys would have got a goal in the end...sorry Goon, I know you are a Bruins fan, but I can't bring myself to cheer for a team with Wheeler and Kessel on the roster. If only Tim Thomas wasn't so good and would let a goal in every once in a while. At least my Hawks are in the East and (hopefully) won't see Boston and Thomas in the post-season until the Stanley Cup finals...

*hopefully*

The participation banner is the first thing I noticed. I guess not everyone has the privilege of hanging seven national championship banners in their rink. I do, however, give props to Notre Dame for improving their hockey program (mostly because of being at the F4 in Denver and seeing first-hand that they have some loyal fans).

On a side note, does anyone else feel that Michigan has the ugliest helmets in all of hockey? I mean really, why would a person design something that unappealing? Even after watching the Habs lose to the Bruins today in those awful striped jerseys, Michigan has to have the ugliest apparel in hockey solely because of those helmets.

On another side note, I wish those ugly striped "Where's Waldo?" jerseys would have got a goal in the end...sorry Goon, I know you are a Bruins fan, but I can't bring myself to cheer for a team with Wheeler and Kessel on the roster. If only Tim Thomas wasn't so good and would let a goal in every once in a while. At least my Hawks are in the East and (hopefully) won't see Boston and Thomas in the post-season until the Stanley Cup finals...

*hopefully*

I agree with you, they are really ugly. I think once a kid leaves his college hockey team he is no longer a loser, execpt for Jeff after the Whistle Taffe and Stu Bickel so I am fine with all of the dirty badgers and goofs players in the NHL. Look at Chicgao they have a few BADgers on their team. I still don't like Gionta though.

I don't have a big issue with the participation thing. I don't remember what exactly St. Cloud has but just listing the years you were in the tournament on 1 single banner is no big deal to me. It is something to be proud of.

I feel like Michigan has one of the best helmets in college hockey. The picture that comes to my mind when I see that just screams Michigan to me. It's a tradition and I like it.

On a side note, Northern Michigan's arena is actually too small for the WCHA, so could they even get in the WCHA if they/we wanted?

Northern's area is over 4,000 total capacity including standing room. This does qualify for the WCHA standards.

Northern's area is over 4,000 total capacity including standing room. This does qualify for the WCHA standards.

Yeah Moose Richards recently said that on the Hockey Show that NNY is good to go as far as WCHA standards for size of rink.

I was surpried by the size of it. I thought it would have been made bigger.

When it was built, Miami hockey wasn't what it is now, even though it's fairly new. Their program has really grown the last couple years. They still only fill 80% of the arena, even with its size, so I don't think it's hurting them at the moment. I would have made it like 4500 seats or so.