SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux Boosters

Matt

I think the answer can be found in an October 19th article in the Herald called "A Division I Job" or a November 9th article called "'Grinding' for Support." I remember Faison talking about where Fighting Sioux Club donations are and where they need to be by 2012. I think they were $1.3 million now and they need to increase to $1.8 million. But that's a three month old memory and I'm not 100% confident in it. I am sure that both numbers were between one and two million, though. The info might also be on this website somewhere; I think I quoted the story in one of my posts.

• 1 month later...

Record dollars for UND athletics

The FSC received a record $2.02 million in gifts and commitments during 2008-09.

In addition to record dollars, the FSC also saw a record number of donors. The FSC received gifts from 2,358 donors.

“This year alone we have abel (sic) to increase scholarships from 136 to 214, thanks to the generous contributions of our Fighting Sioux Club members.”

• 6 months later...
I would have thought that with the tiered pricing structure for football season tickets that there would have been a bit of a bump in sales.

With still more than a month to sell until the first home game, there may be. I suspect it will depend in large part on the team's start.

UND athletics: Season ticket sales hold steady - GF Herald 29AUG2009

Good news...I guess?

In some ways how much the Fighting Sioux Club donates is more significant than season ticket sales (although the two go somewhat hand-in-hand).

Fighting Sioux Club Record Year

In 2008-09, the FSC received a record $2.02 million in gifts and commitments. This funding will provide scholarships for student-athletes and program enhancements for UND Athletics. In addition, trades in goods and services for athletics total more than $140,000.

Along with record dollars, the Fighting Sioux Club saw more donors than ever before, with 2,358 Sioux fans loyally supporting UND Athletics. This is up from 2,201 donors last year and a substantial increase from just 621 donors in 1996.

For comparison sakes, thought I read that SDSU has around 1500 football season ticket holders and their Jackrabbit club has under 1000 members and gave less than $1 M. Perhaps someone can update that.

NDSU Teammakers numbers around 2000 and they give around $2 M. Guess their season ticket base is now above 9000, although five years ago is was like 4000. For men's basketball, NDSU sold around 1500 season tickets last year.

It will be interesting how future likely-sellout games with Montana and potentially NDSU will affect a season ticket base. Sell-out games and assurance of obtaining decent single-game seats drive season tickets sales.

Good news...I guess?

In some ways how much the Fighting Sioux Club donates is more significant than season ticket sales (although the two go somewhat hand-in-hand).

Fighting Sioux Club Record Year

For comparison sakes, thought I read that SDSU has around 1500 football season ticket holders and their Jackrabbit club has under 1000 members and gave less than $1 M. Perhaps someone can update that.

NDSU Teammakers numbers around 2000 and they give around $2 M. Guess their season ticket base is now above 9000, although five years ago is was like 4000. For men's basketball, NDSU sold around 1500 season tickets last year.

It will be interesting how future likely-sellout games with Montana and potentially NDSU will affect a season ticket base. Sell-out games and assurance of obtaining decent single-game seats drive season tickets sales.

speaking of the Montana games....What were the terms of the contract? A heavy Montana buyout I assume? If not, good luck on getting them to come to GF.