SiouxSports.com Forum

Student Tickets

Fighting Sioux Hockey

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck to you guys getting your tickets!! If its anything like getting tickets for the general public you will need it. My dad was the sixth guy in line on Monday to get tickets and two years in a row they had problems processing the tickets. So he drives up from Jamestown and doesn't get Gopher tickets because the individual couldn't process the order quick enough. Last year their computers went down and they shut down an entire windown and made them move over to the back of the second line. Its a mess!!

Sounds like it could get ugly. If the REA has you going to the section and taking a card off the seat, how closely will you be watched. What will prevent you from taking cards off adjacent seats and giving them to friends that are still waiting in line outside? One guy could take an entire row of cards. Doesn't sould like this was thought out very well. :D

Looks like we could have 'Rumble at the Ralph' ;)

Sure am glad to be a season ticket holder and not have to worry about fighting over seats with people that will probably only go to half the games. :huh:

Sure am glad to be a season ticket holder and not have to worry about fighting over seats with people that will probably only go to half the games. ;)

Yeah, public season ticket holders go to all of the games. :D

I think the people willing to wait in line will go to the games and make sure their tickets are used. Thanks for joining the forum and continuing the negative attitude towards students. :huh:

Not allowing students to rush and assigning seats is just the easiest way the REA could come up with to maximize ticket sales for unused student seats. I am on the students side, I think part of the fun going to hockey games seeing a wild rocken student section, assigned seats won't accomplish this.

Fedorov, My negativity was directed at the REA and the handling of ticket disbursement. I was once a student and remember standing in lines to go to games. Just don't understand why they can't allow rush seating for the students anymore. With the technology available today the REA could have come up with a better solution.

Here's one. Don't know how well it would work, just thinking of the top of my head.

Allocate set number of tickets: lets say 3,000 (just a number I came up with don't know what it really is)

Sell season tickets to students (up to 3,000) with no guarantee of a specific seat.

Subtract the total of the season tickets sold from the 3,000 if less.

Remaining tickets could be sold to students up till the Thursday before the event.

This is where it gets tricky. The REA could then determine how many seats to allocate with an exact number of sections, rows and seats per row from the student sections based on the number of tickets sold. REA would have to somehow mark the seats so is would be clear which ones are available to students. This would be different for each game unless all student tickets were sold. Students could then Rush these seats in a first come scenario. Student seats not sold by Thursday could be sold to the GP. Students could sell their tickets to other students since all they would need to get into the game is the student ticket and a valid student ID.

That was just one idea. Not a very good one either, I'm sure others have better ideas. Not that it matters, little late for new ideas. :huh:

Camping out over night to get tickets sounds like fun. Good luck to all you students I hope you get the seats you want. :D

Not allowing students to rush and assigning seats is just the easiest way the REA could come up with to maximize ticket sales for unused student seats. I am on the students side, I think part of the fun going to hockey games seeing a wild rocken student section, assigned seats won't accomplish this.

Fedorov, My negativity was directed at the REA and the handling of ticket disbursement. I was once a student and remember standing in lines to go to games. Just don't understand why they can't allow rush seating for the students anymore. With the technology available today the REA could have come up with a better solution.

Here's one. Don't know how well it would work, just thinking of the top of my head.

Allocate set number of tickets: lets say 3,000 (just a number I came up with don't know what it really is)

Sell season tickets to students (up to 3,000) with no guarantee of a specific seat.

Subtract the total of the season tickets sold from the 3,000 if less.

Remaining tickets could be sold to students up till the Thursday before the event.

This is where it gets tricky. The REA could then determine how many seats to allocate with an exact number of sections, rows and seats per row from the student sections based on the number of tickets sold. REA would have to somehow mark the seats so is would be clear which ones are available to students. This would be different for each game unless all student tickets were sold. Students could then Rush these seats in a first come scenario. Student seats not sold by Thursday could be sold to the GP. Students could sell their tickets to other students since all they would need to get into the game is the student ticket and a valid student ID.

That was just one idea. Not a very good one either, I'm sure others have better ideas. Not that it matters, little late for new ideas. :huh:

Camping out over night to get tickets sounds like fun. Good luck to all you students I hope you get the seats you want. :D

I think this was how it was last year.

I hope I get my seats too, there are people camping right now as we speak...I'll be there tomorrow.

You're hot already.

:p

;) I'm speechless. :p

I am now one of the crazy students camping out Thursday night. Well, not as we speak anymore. I went to Fargo Thursday afternoon to do a little shopping, and on my way back at 9:00 or so, one of my buddies that I sit with called my cell phone and asked if I would stop by the arena and bring them some hot chocolate. Needless to say I was suprised since we weren't planning on going until Saturday. He told me there were 100-200 people already waiting in line (a bit of an exaggeration) so they decided to head out early. So I got home and put on some more clothes, got some hot chocolate, and made a little trip to the liquor store and hung out with them from 11-4am. (I have a paper due Friday, and after 5 hours of typing on a laptop I was still only 2 1/2 pages in.) Let me just say it was f'ing freezing. I have to work on a group project for a bit tomorrow, then I'll be back in the afternoon for the home stretch until Sunday. I'm just glad to know I'll have my seats, being the 4th tent from the front and all. :D

As for how they're handing out tickets....apparently they are letting in 10 students at a time so no one gets killed, and when I got there tonight there were a few cops there regulating. It was actually all very organized, which was a pleasant surprise, with people bringing out couches, tvs, game cubes, stereos, you name it. Nothing like driving up the electricity bill at the Ralph! The cops left, but they drive by every once in awhile to ensure peace, which is a good thing considering there were already some intoxicated guys hanging around who were a little irate that there was already a line. I think it's crazy too, but at least I'll have my seats!

Good luck to anyone waiting till Sunday morning! I don't think your chances are very good. :huh: (Redwing, if none of your friends can take your ID to get you tickets, and you don't want to risk waiting until Sunday morning, email me before 4pm tomorrow and I'll get another friend's ID and get an extra set of tickets by us for you if you want me to. Any later and I'll be out front of REA, frozen solid no doubt.)

I sent an e-mail to the Ralph's head of marketing the other day, suggesting that they get some footage of and interviews with the hardy students who will be camping out three days in advance for hockey tickets. I said they could show the tape during Meet the Sioux and remind us all how supportive the student fan base is. She replied that if students did camp out they would definitely get some video of the event. And, she agreed with me that the students are an important part of the fan base and need to know that they are appreciated. Edited to add her exact response:

"Thank you for the suggestion Elaine - I believe we are planning to tape

some footage in the event the students decide to camp-out. And I agree,

they are an important part of the Fighting Sioux fan base and we truly

value their dedication. Thank you for your email.

Julie Arel

Director of Marketing

Ralph Engelstad Arena"

There may be hitches and glitches with the seat selection process but if everyone keeps their head, there should be no need to call out either the paramedics or the riot police. By the way, forecheck, are you a certified first responder?

Forecheck,

Email sent, but I don't know if I'll get to you before I go to Minot. I leave this afternoon. However, I'll let you know that I'll be there on Sunday morning to take my chances. I'm sure that I won't get any tickets, but I'll try anyways.

I'll be wearing a white Red Wings hat with red embroidery for the Red Wings logo and the "D" on the side. I would take up forecheck's offer, but I have a friend who cannot make it this weekend and he asked me if I could help him out. Oh well, ya know?

Thanks Forecheck for your offer. It would have been fun, but we'll see what happens come Sunday. I may even swing by Saturday night, but I won't be able to stay.

Just checking real quick before I go to work...we're about 75 ft. from the west entrance to the parking lot. I have a feeling we won't get our seats.

Forecheck, you said you were with a huge group...does it by chance include Ryan Ellison. If it does we're the ones that sat in front of you guys last year...care to help us out :huh::D ??

This is awesome- People frezzing there butts off for UND student hockey tickets. Believe me - I'd be doing the same thing if I could ....but i can't. I don't go to UND so - therefore I can't get student season tickets :D which I am very angry about. I sat in the student section last year a couple times and it was a blast!

Every seat in the Ralph is a great seat but it just isn't the same when you are right behind the glass in the dead center of the student section. So I guess I'll just be on the upper level yelling at the top of my lungs along with everyone else. But there's nothing I can do about that, so I'll stop whining :huh: .

I guess all's I wanted to say is - Awesome job for camping out and showing your support. It shows how much our students love our hockey team and will go to all ends just to get a ticket. I hope to be doing the same thing when I attend UND. But hopefully when I go there won't be any of this assigned seating stuff. Thats all for now and GO SIOUX!!!

Drove by on friday and saturday to see the line. I was very impressed with all the people braving the cold.

It really does show you the level of support our team has in this town and amongst the student body. But then again, it sure doesn't hurt when the games are being played in the Ralph either.

I'm sure it will be quite the experience for many, but maybe in the years to come then can push up the date for this by a couple of weeks, so the temps are not getting down to that freezing range at night.