SiouxSports.com Forum

Student Tickets

Fighting Sioux Hockey

We were in a green tent...During the night I actually was up towards the front hanging out with some friends of mine that were up there. I think we were about 75 feet or so from the West entrance to the parking lot.

Were you ahead of us or behind us?

I think I was behind you because of the number. I was in a Cabella's tent. I was right ahead of the frat tent that had the fire going in the grill, music, and TV. I also had a TV going and was playing hockey on the PS2.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I was behind you because of the number. I was in a Cabella's tent. I was right ahead of the frat tent that had the fire going in the grill, music, and TV. I also had a TV going and was playing hockey on the PS2.

I was in the frat tents that were the last one before they were doing construction on the sidewalk..... I think I was number 172. We had a big area...

I think that you may have been right after us, as I saw the people playing hockey on PS2 in the tent behind us.

I knew the people right in front of us, but then I think the next tent was three women and a guy. There was just one girl that studied out front most of the day Friday, and hooked up electricity Saturday night or something. Was that your group?

but then I think the next tent was three women and a guy. There was just one girl that studied out front most of the day Friday, and hooked up electricity Saturday night or something. Was that your group?

Yep, I would be the guy. One of the girls actually waited all night and decided around 10 AM on Sunday to not get tickets.

Yep, I would be the guy. One of the girls actually waited all night and decided around 10 AM on Sunday to not get tickets.

It is too bad I didn't know that then. That is too bad about the girl. Did someone buy the ticket for her, or was everyone already getting two tickets?

I was told the ones that choose to be are on a waiting list and they will have to fend for tickets now just like the other students. Is this true?

As of now, it is true. They will have to buy the tickets every week, they will pay more money than the price of a season ticket, and they will have to wait early for their choice of seats. It could change.

I believe the rush seating system is still needed. I don't know how many games will actually be sold out, but there are many seats open in the lower bowl that should be filled for each game. It is also important to realize that if a student with lower bowl seats can't go, they may not give/sell their ticket because he/she is still responsible for that person's behavior. :D

Rumor has it that they want to do the same thing that they did with the lower bowl seats to at least part of the upper bowl for student season tickets.

I have mixed feelings about this. If they want to have student season tickets for the upper bowl, fine, but they shouldn't be reserve seats. There's nothing wrong with the people on the upper bowl. Also, the season ticket sales should not equal the seats on the upper deck's student section.

So far they've resisted my suggestion of recording the beer song and the school fight song and then getting rid of the band. Oh well, nothing's perfect.

So far they've resisted my suggestion of recording the beer song and the school fight song and then getting rid of the band. Oh well, nothing's perfect.

Hey now...it's not a college atmosphere without the band. Plus, I have a good friend that's in the band, so I wouldn't want him screwed over.

They should let those students who got screwed to get season tickets for the upper bowl, but make it GA...not reserve seats.

Wrong!!!! The band should be at every game and have a much more pronounced presence than it currently does. The fight song should be played at every opportunity, with the lyrics displayed on the fascia ring. In fact, all songs played by the band should have their lyrics displayed on the fascia ring. Reduce the amount of piped in music dramatically. This will create a much more collegiate atmosphere.