SiouxSports.com Forum

Student Tickets

Fighting Sioux Hockey

That is my favorite argument for why students should stand. It's in the school song!!! :D

The band needs to get better though. I mean seriously, it sucks. I know I couldn't do any better, that's why I'm not in the band. No one likes the band because it isn't very good. You get a good band and people will love it.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No offense to your friend, but I used to be in the band (1998-1999) and we stunk. Nowadays, it's worse. Why? Well, the brass. The trumpets overblow everyone else. That wouldn't be so bad if they didn't flub so many notes and weren't so horribly out of tune when they do. Ok, so it is mainly the trumpets I have a problem with. That and they desperately needed to practice last season.

And I don't care. If they play the fight song, I'm standing.

Especially when I was able to look back at when I was in the band and said that we stunk then too!

The drummers are the only good thing about the band. Why? Well, at least back when I was in the band, they actually practiced and practiced hard. Everyone else just screwed around for the most part.

I think the answer to the band's problem is simply to halve the trumpet section at hockey games. Also, mic everyone but the drums and the brass.

Maybe we should send Blais out on a band recruiting tour :D