SiouxSports.com Forum

Student Tickets

Fighting Sioux Hockey

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Noon, Sunday. Come or miss out. No priority for last season's ticket holders so... yeah.

With people possibly even camping out on Saturday night, I'm not so sure I'll get a seat, but you CAN take 2 seats per student as long as you have two NAID numbers so that your friend who couldn't make it can come and confirm it.

Not to be the party pooper for all you early birds, but all the guys I usually sit with and I plan on camping out Saturday night and drinking some beverages all night long. I've heard of other people having the same idea. I don't think it's going to exactly hurt your chances of getting lower bowl seats if you wait until early morning to get in line though. We're just doing it for the hell of it. It's much easier for some of us to just not go to bed at all rather than get up at 6am. :glare:

Not to be the party pooper for all you early birds, but all the guys I usually sit with and I plan on camping out Saturday night and drinking some beverages all night long. I've heard of other people having the same idea. I don't think it's going to exactly hurt your chances of getting lower bowl seats if you wait until early morning to get in line though. We're just doing it for the hell of it. It's much easier for some of us to just not go to bed at all rather than get up at 6am. :huh:

Sounds even better :glare: ...Now to get a hold of my friends.......

Just a few more specifics for you all in case you didn't have the information already:

The door that will be used to enter will be the MAIN door, not the student entrance. I guess that just is common sense, but I didn't want anyone going to the wrong door by accident unless it is after I get my tickets :D

Also, you are allowed to get a friend a season ticket if he or she is unable to attend but here's the catch(es). First, you must have that person's student ID card. No card, no second ticket. Second, you have to pay for both tickets at the same time, so if you think your friend won't pay you, or that the check will bounce, be prepared or don't do it. :huh:

Main door? I heard the student door. Who did you talk to that said to was the main door? I also heard that the dispersement will be run, cause obviously no one will walk, to the seat you want and get the ticket off the seat. What a moronic plan. :D

I think a better idea would be to charge an extra dollar to each student ticket. That extra dollar is used to pay for security in the line and they will keep all hell from breaking lose. That's would be about $1500 extra to REA/Athletic Department. Paying 10 security guards $10/hr for 10 hours and they still come out $500 ahead. It may take a long time, but no one will get hurt and it will happen in a nice orderly fashion. Of course that makes sense, so it won't happen.

Tickets are $60, same as last year. I forgot to ask if that includes the christmas series or the playoffs, I doubt it though. Seems like they should be included or there should be an option to pay $15 more and have them included.

I've had season tickets the past two years and gotten to games early so I could sit near the glass in section 108. I was just wondering when everyone is planning on getting to the arena...now that we pretty much know what day and time the tickets are being sold.

When is everyone planning to get there? I'd like to keep sitting near the hard-core fans cause we cheer the loudest! :D

So you are already planning on cutting in line? :huh:

Damn straight, I didn't freeze my ass off every game last year just to lose my seats because REA didn't give me enough notice to get the weekend off of work. I've earned it. :D

Plus a friend can pick up the ticket for me anyways, so it's not like someone else would get the seat. :p

When people wait this long, you know that people cutting in line is going to be a problem. With the results being reserved tickets, it is very likely that this is going to cause some problems. I wonder what happens when the line gets so long that there are more people that seats in the lower level, as well as some people buying two tickets. I think it is going to be a mess.

Well of course it is gonna be a mess, would you expect anything less from UND? It will be partially the students fault though too or at least the lazy moron students fault. This is why I think it would be a good idea to have security or something. I don't know what the solution should be, but then I'm not in charge finding a solution. That's Stromberg's job and as we all know, he's lazy. :huh::D

Reality check folks,

First off, I am not certain what to expect for those people going on Saturday. I hear some are going to go right from the Football game. I'd expect the Police or UPD not to be too pleased with this. Definitely expect the REA staff to be ornary towards you all. I'm not advocating waiting until Sunday, I'm just saying you should come prepared for the worst. Make contingency plans in case the REA has the police make you disperse (to hell with the Constitution, this would be deemed loitering I'm sure) or if the normal snafu occurs.

DON'T expect security to be there at any time outside of perhaps an hour prior to noon or maybe when REA is prepareing to open on Sunday.

EXPECT budgers because it is a reality and it shouldn't surprise anyone, let alone the diehards like most on this board.

I am fairly certain that, if reports are correct, 8am on Sunday may be too late for me and my buddies to get into the lower bowl, but expect a lot more like us. as for what happens to us who fail, well, when they are out of tickets, I'm beating feet out of there in case anything bad does happen.

Ok folks, time for me to eat my hat...

We line up at the STUDENT entrance, not the main entrance. REA box office people don't have their stuff together. Luckily today I talked to a manager.

Here's the logistical low down: At noon, the doors will open and they will let 10 people in at a time. I do not know what kind of spacing they are going to be having between groups of 10 people, but It will suck if your group numbers 11. If your group numbers higher than 11, I guess you have to study seating charts and hope you pick the right seats.

If your friend can't make it, you need this information from your friend to get him or her a ticket: You need his Student ID card, his/her phone number, his/her address, and any payment information. What I mean by payment information is that if you bring his or her credit card in, you can pay for his/her ticket using that, and then when he/she comes to claim the ticket and sign the contract, he/she signs the payment slip. Or so I gathered from talking to him. You can also bring in a check from that individual as well. I don't know what kinds of credit cards they accept, but if it is anything like ticketmaster or UND, they'll take Visa, Mastercard, and Discover.

There you go folks and good luck. I know I'll need it. Don't let those hoyty-toyty "Sit there and watch" pansies get all the good seats!

I don't see why they would want to tell people they can't wait in line. Also, I thought you had to go to the seat to get the card. Will it be that way, or do you pick from a seating chart? I think it would be ideal for someone to have a large seating chart printed out ahead of time. Then people can indicate while waiting in line where they plan on sitting. That could help people be prepared for what they are going to get. Just a thought.

Federov-

You go to the seat and take a card off of it then walk over to the main entrance and take care of the details. As for a seating chart, print one off yourself, because the REA isn't about helping students get their wish. Sucks, I know, but I wouldn't expect any help from them.

Have 2 big old boards, one for each section, that has every seat on it. It's that simple. It doesn't have to be fancy or pretty or anything. It could be about a $20 project. That's it.

The fighting sioux club already has these things made up from when we chose our season seats. It certainly wouldn't take much effort from them to do this for you.

If anyone was wondering about row and seat numbering:

In the lower bowl, the rows go "up" alphabetically. IE first row is "A", second is "B", etc.

As far as numbering, in Section 107 the seat numbers start at the south isle (1) and increase to the north (24).

I can't guarantee that its the same way for Sections 108 & 109, but it stands to reason that it would be the case.