SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX/GOPHERS SATURDAY

gfhockey

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frattin for 4 for roughing and a 10 minute misconduct.

Jonesy only got 2 for unsportsman like conduct and a 10 minute misconduct.

Other players got penalties, but I was just pointing out those two.

I don't see how Jones got off lighter than the Frattin.

Oh well.

Gophers score.

6-1

It was after one guy was out of the box, so after the goal we're all at full strength.

Lucia didn't even look back, and you can almost bet Jones was yelling as he was chasing him.

By not looking back it makes it seem like Lucia must have known he was going to be coming, but was choosing to ignore him.

Obviously I don't have any inside info, but I'm just saying what it looks like to me.

Frattin's out for the game.

Fortunately, through all of this, Jones is the only player I could see getting suspended for next Friday.

Yeah but I don't see how Jones got that pissed off just for Lucia saying something and not wanting to fight. There is more to it than that. I think they agreed to drop the gloves and Lucia just skated away with his tail between his legs and that infuriated Jones.

You could just see the "let em play" philosophy begin to fail miserably during the second period. Sure, there were no penalties called, but there were plenty that should have been. With the UND/UM matchup, you would think that seasoned officiating staff would have known that you can't just "let em play" at the start of the 2nd period!

Yeah but I don't see how Jones got that pissed off just for Lucia saying something and not wanting to fight. There is more to it than that. I think they agreed to drop the gloves and Lucia just skated away with his tail between his legs and that infuriated Jones.

That's pretty much what I was trying to say, I just didn't word it very well.