SiouxSports.com Forum

Anyone going to the Winter Classic at Wrigley?

siouxfan77

i also will be watching in hd from the living room. my big question is, with the seating being so far from the ice, will that take away anything for the fans at the game? there should be fans on the glass all the way around, and from what i have heard, that will not be the case?

Another sofa spectator here.

I thought the same thing about the games last New Years Day, with the fans being so far away. They all looked like they were having a good time...but then again, it was New Years Day, that's what you are supposed to do.

As long as you have a DD.

Regarding the seating/sightlines...anytime you set a hockey rink down in a stadium not built for it, the sightlines will invariably suck, especially for those seated down low. The best seats in Wrigley are those near first and third base (i.e. those near the corners of the rink), and then in the upper deck.

A link to a webcam of the setup. if this doesn't work, the link is on the main page of the team's site.

http://blackhawks.nhl.tv/team/console.jsp?...=2&id=28407

In any case, it looks like it will be a great time. The NHL is supposedly setting up a neighborhood festival all around the stadium, which will be great, but it will snarl traffic on the day of the game. So if anyone is planning to go, I'd strongly suggest not even trying to drive down to Wrigley. Its hard enough to find parking at Cubs games without that "festival." The CTA Red Line drops you off 1/2 a block from the stadium, and you can get there for about $2/trip.

I'm hoping to see some other Sioux fans there. I'll be in sec 219, so stop over and say hello!

Go Hawks!!!

I have heard that the game might be post-poned due to the weather. Apparently it is supposed to be really warm in Chicago.

Should be below freezing Wednesday overnight. Weather shouldn't be an issue unless its raining on Thursday. Wasn't a game played a few years back in Vegas in temps in the 70's?

In any case, it looks like it will be a great time. The NHL is supposedly setting up a neighborhood festival all around the stadium, which will be great, but it will snarl traffic on the day of the game. So if anyone is planning to go, I'd strongly suggest not even trying to drive down to Wrigley. Its hard enough to find parking at Cubs games without that "festival." The CTA Red Line drops you off 1/2 a block from the stadium, and you can get there for about $2/trip.

This is good advice. I just got back from a little trip to Chicago/Columbus last week watching the Flyers score 1 goal in six periods of hockey.

I took the Blue Line from O'Hare to Western where one of my boys picked me up and we went to the United Center. $2 ticket. Very quick train ride. Easy way to travel.

The Hawks crowd on Friday night was great. Everybody psyched. I can guarantee that they will be completely crazed on Thursday.

Should be below freezing Wednesday overnight. Weather shouldn't be an issue unless its raining on Thursday. Wasn't a game played a few years back in Vegas in temps in the 70's?

Everything I ready from the "ice guys" said it would be 30 degrees and cloudy. "Perfect conditions" were the terms mentioned.

I think it is going to be a shootout.

I say Detroit wins it 6-5. Toews with 5 points (2g 3a), Kane with 4 points (2g, 2a) and Sharp with 4 points (1g, 3a).

I also predict Detroit has a 3 goal lead by halfway through the 2nd period. goaltending takes a hike and Detroit squeaks out a victory in OT.

I love Detroit, but I don't trust their goaltending farther than I can throw a ten ton boulder.

Oh ya, how do you think that will pan out in the playoffs?

Seriously?

Things could change between now and then, but I don't see a purely offensive team nor a purely defensive team winning it all. It takes balance. That's why I don't think Detroit or Minnesota will win it all.

I think the Sharks, at this point, hold the best chance.

Seriously?

Things could change between now and then, but I don't see a purely offensive team nor a purely defensive team winning it all. It takes balance. That's why I don't think Detroit or Minnesota will win it all.

I think the Sharks, at this point, hold the best chance.

Funny Minnesota doesn't have ANY offense. They suck.

on a side note weren't they supposed to have the gophers and bulldogs play at metrodome one of these years?

god, that has to be one of the DUMBEST ideas i have ever read for a hockey game. ooooooooooh, the magic of the enlarged hefty trash bag holding a hockey game. whoever even broguht that up should be fired. they should do a sioux gophers when the new football gopher stadium is built outdoor game or go to fenway and have the gophers and sioux do a double header vs BU and BC and make it a east vs west showdown.

Is anyone making the trip to Chicago for New Years?

My wife and I were seriously thinking about it, but decided not to get tickets due to the fact we were already traveling back to ND for Xmas, then to Detroit for the GLI. Now that the game is almost here, I'm kicking myself for not doing it anyways. Hopefully next year, assuming it does continue.

god, that has to be one of the DUMBEST ideas i have ever read for a hockey game. ooooooooooh, the magic of the enlarged hefty trash bag holding a hockey game. whoever even broguht that up should be fired. they should do a sioux gophers when the new football gopher stadium is built outdoor game or go to fenway and have the gophers and sioux do a double header vs BU and BC and make it a east vs west showdown.

That would be so sick.