SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs SPARTANS

AZSIOUX

ok, and they update those rankings after every weekend? even after tournaments like this?

usually this is updated after every ncaa game played everyday. as soon as the scores get reported its updated, every ncaa game is counted. just no exhibition games obviously so non conference games like this are important as well in the end.

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

usually this is updated after every ncaa game played everyday. as soon as the scores get reported its updatedytes, every ncaa game is counted , just no ehibition games obviously so non conference games liek this are important as well in the end.

oh ok thanks! That explanation actually helped me a lot more than ya think!

ok, and they update those rankings after every weekend? even after tournaments like this?

The pairwise comparisons used to seed the NCAA tournament are made once -- at the end of the conference tournaments. The page linked above (and quite a few others on the Internet that do the same thing) ranks teams based on what those comparisons would be if the season ended right now.

I wrote this explanation of PWR a couple years ago (one thing that has changed is that TUCs are now the top 25 teams in RPI, not teams with RPIs over .500). College Hockey News has a much better, but also much longer, explanation of NCAA tournament seeding.

Does the NCAA actually use the PWR now or is it still just rankings that mimic the method the committee uses?

Mimics the method.

The PairWise Ranking as used to seed the NCAA tournament is calculated once -- at the end of the conference tournaments. The page linked above (and quite a few others on the Internet that do the same thing) shows what the PWR would be if the season ended right now.

I wrote this explanation of PWR a couple years ago (one thing that has changed is that TUCs are now the top 25 teams in RPI, not teams with RPIs over .500). College Hockey News has a much better, but also much longer, explanation of NCAA tournament seeding.

Mimics the method.

Man...pretty piss poor effort so far. i did not expect this. Let's Go!

What is most likely to happen:

MSU scores another goal within the first 5min.

The Sioux score a goal with 6min remaining.

They then pull the goalie.

MSU scores an ENG.

Game over. 4-1 MSU win.

PROVE ME WRONG, SIOUX!!

actually we don't score and they get 1 plus an eng 4-0 msu. :D