SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs USA UNDER 18 TEAM

AZSIOUX

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another interesting note: The coaches will not be able to comment on any of the U.S. Under-18 players because none have signed letters of intent to UND. Nick Mattson has given a verbal commitment, but he's only a junior in high school, so he hasn't signed yet and the coaches can't talk about him. The coaches can't even be vague in their answers (ex. -- "The goalie did a good job controlling rebounds.).

I love the NCAA. It's kinda like our own UN. Lotsa noise for no apparent reason.

Great news from the Sioux blog:

Finley and Trupp are both practicing and could play this weekend. :D

With Finley back on D, and Trupp back in the lineup, this exhibition game takes on a lot more meaning. Some forwards are going to have a battle on their hands to stay in the lineup.

My guess is that Malone, Davidson, Trupp, Toews & Lamoureaux will all be under close scrutiny by the coaches in this game. We'll probably see some spirited play out there.

With Finley back on D, and Trupp back in the lineup, this exhibition game takes on a lot more meaning. Some forwards are going to have a battle on their hands to stay in the lineup.

My guess is that Malone, Davidson, Trupp, Toews & Lamoureaux will all be under close scrutiny by the coaches in this game. We'll probably see some spirited play out there.

will be interesting for sure. i think as of now toews has a spot with gregoire and frattin but that could change in a blink of an eye with hak. either way its a good thing to have them back if they do play friday. i think the same should be said for defense with miller contributing on that end. it seems hes stuck on marto and lapoint no matter what so does blood and fienhage both sit with big fins back? would seem that way and both have been developing very nicely. we wont know these details until the mich state game so this tough game vs usa as you said could mean more than a usual exh.

Before y'all start chalking up pleasant exhibitions victories you may want to take note of a recent college/U-18 matchup.

i think many on this board know how good this team is and havent seen many say we will clean the ice with these guys by any means. i noted in the first post in this thread how good they are and they have beaten teams we have beaten and lost to. mich state is very down this year overall but that doesnt mean anything. this is a great game to have and a game the sioux could lose just as easy as win. every player on this usa team will play at major college programs or major juniors. basically a traveling usa under 18 all star team

prediction time. sioux play all 3 goalies with BE holding down the 3rd and we win 5-3 with a empty netter

I don't really care if the Sioux win at all.

I'm just hoping for no injuries, and that Finley and Trupp get out there to play a bit at game speed. :D

Same. I really think exhibition games are games that set up a team for the start of a season and honing skills and trying new things during the season in a non-stressful manner.

Sure, MSU lost to this team, but who cares? MSU is in such disarray, I'm sure Comley just used the game to try out some far fetched ideas and new schemes he's trying to use to right the ship.

I'd use this game to hone some skills, try new things, and build confidence among those who don't play much (like Walski and Harrington).

Also, Finley and Trupp playing in this game after an injury is much better to come back to then Minnesota.

I hope when Joe takes the ice for the first time it's a constant cheer of "FINLEY.(clap, clap)...FINLEY!" the whole time he's on his shift.

I would use this game too to try some different things and for sure to give some guys that haven't played much some time on the ice.