SiouxSports.com Forum

In the Air Tonight video

andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!!

I haven't actually seen this video, but friends have described it to me. In the Air Tonight is not a pump-up song, neither is AFI's Miseria Cantare. They are both way too slow. They should let the band play and put some video on the screen. I thought it was awesome when they used to show highlights from recent games. In fact, that might help give the Ralph more of a college identity, which it needs. What connection do Phil Collins or AFI have to UND?

The fact that UND has the technology to make a Phil Collins intro video, doesn't mean it should. I'm holding Phil personally responsible for UND's slow start.

found my holiday screensaver from your collection, thanks

I can't break down a game, rate players performances, provide incredible insights into the world of hockey, do mindblowing mathematical equations, etc...so making the pics is my small way of giving back to the SiouxSports community that turned me into a fanatic. So you are very welcome. That's what I put them online for. Happy Holidays!

There is no greater song to play before the teams hit the ice, it just makes the blood rush in my system almost like in anticipation of the teams hitting the ice.

From Wikipedia:

Since the song's release, "In The Air Tonight" has been the most played song on PA systems of NFL stadiums, and has become almost a tradition to some players. Some players, most notably all-pro linebackers Derrick Brooks and Ray Lewis, even sing the song while in a play. The song's popularity among NFL players was the subject of an NFL Films piece on ESPN.

The song has been used as entrance music for a number of players and teams of various sports, including the University of Miami football team, NBA team the Miami Heat, and boxers Shane Mosley, Riddick Bowe, and Jermain Taylor. Pro basketball player Kevin Garnett is often seen mimicking the drum solo in timeouts and refers to it as "one of his favorite songs", and it is also used during pre-game introductions at Boston Celtics games. The song has also been used during the 2008 Montreal Canadiens playoff games, before the players come out on the ice.

i don't know if it is the greatest pump up song of all time... but i do like it, and it builds as it goes along, the intense part hits just at the right time for me. i personally like it, and think it is better than last years video intro. watching the players hit the ice, then the video does it for me. it's kind of along the same lines of stairway to heaven, builds as it goes, then rocks the last couple of minutes, but i undertand its not for everyone. i don't think we need speed metal for it not to be a "soft" intro. also, i like the comfy seats. i get raucus and rowdy during the games, but enjoy being able to feel my ass after the game also. i've sat on many wooden bleachers, and imho, does not add to the experience. oh well, to each their own. at least we can all agree which team is the best in the land... with the best fans :lol: (who disagree on minor details)