SiouxSports.com Forum

In the Air Tonight video

andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!!

Is there any way to get a copy of that video they play in the Ralph before games? Thanks.

The video is cool, but I HATE THAT SONG. It doesn't exactly pump up a crowd, plus, when it is all dark, people getting to the game a little later can't find their way to their seats. D U M B!!!!!!!!!! Who can we call to complain?

The video is cool, but I HATE THAT SONG. It doesn't exactly pump up a crowd, plus, when it is all dark, people getting to the game a little later can't find their way to their seats. D U M B!!!!!!!!!! Who can we call to complain?

Problem solved, DONT come late! Why punish the people who are there and ready for the game. :lol: They can just wait till they turn the lights on then.... GO SIOUX!

Change the song every weekend and show different pictures or something. Its a great idea but change it up a little. I dont think it would take much time to change it a little with the technology today. We are tired of the thing already, and we are only half way through the year!

That song is great, and you are wrong. I think it pumps sufficiently.

That song is great, and you are wrong. I think it pumps sufficiently.

I think the end of the video does it. When the bass gets going on that song... Also, I think the second part of the video is supposed to be the pump up part anyways. When "In the Air tonight" is done playing, they play a different video to that AFI song "Miseria Cantare" and I think that's supposed to get everyone pumped up. I could be wrong, but just my opinion. I'm not sure if either does the job. I'm already pumped up for the game WAY before I get to the arena.

Problem solved, DONT come late! Why punish the people who are there and ready for the game. :lol: They can just wait till they turn the lights on then.... GO SIOUX!

It's not late when you arrive 10 minutes before the puck drop. If you get pumped up by Phil Collins, then they have studied the demographic and I am simply an outlier perhaps.

I think the end of the video does it. When the bass gets going on that song... Also, I think the second part of the video is supposed to be the pump up part anyways. When "In the Air tonight" is done playing, they play a different video to that AFI song "Miseria Cantare" and I think that's supposed to get everyone pumped up. I could be wrong, but just my opinion. I'm not sure if either does the job. I'm already pumped up for the game WAY before I get to the arena.

I am also pumped before the game, but I get there and sit in my seats and see that and I get tired and embarrased. Based on the feedback so far, maybe I have nothing to be embarrassed about.

Change the song every weekend and show different pictures or something. Its a great idea but change it up a little. I dont think it would take much time to change it a little with the technology today. We are tired of the thing already, and we are only half way through the year!

I don't know about every weekend but just have a different video for fri and sat nights so that people who attend both games don't have to watch the same thing each night.

It's not late when you arrive 10 minutes before the puck drop. If you get pumped up by Phil Collins, then they have studied the demographic and I am simply an outlier perhaps.

People are misleading what this song is for I think. Its not like during the whole song we should all be standing up, pounding on the glass and wiggin out!! 'Phil' isn't suppose to be really pumping you up, in my opinion, however though that last one or two frames where it says " Are you ready" or something like that(right before it changes to AFI) is where it actually is suppose to get the crowd into it. All year long people have stood up as the song switches to AFI and the crowd starts to get loud as well, at least in my section. Its a matter of opinion I guess but I bet more people like it than not... I have a hunch it could change after xmas break though. I think they should go back to eminem for the preteam announcing video ! :lol: One shot, one moment, one opportunity to seize anything that I ever wanted...ect..

EDIT: The darker and louder the building is, the better!

It's not supposed to get you pumped up in a way where you go and bite the head off a bat or something.

It IS supposed to get you pumped up in a way where deep down, your heart is racing, knowing that legends have played for this team, that hockey is about passion, and love, and dedication. It's a "get focused" type pump you up. If you listen to the lyrics, it fits the video very well. I guess it's hard to describe, but I love watching that sort of thing instead of the same old songs that every arena in the country plays.

How many times is Crazy Train, Guns and Roses, or Metallica going to play before it simply gets old. They are great, but can be used at other times.

Personally, I like the video.

I liked it a lot better, about 6 years ago, when they played the beginning of "8 Mile" by Eminem at the beginning of the games. "Look, if you had, one shot, or one opportunity, to seize everything you everything you wanted, one moment, would you capture or just let it slip."

I liked it a lot better, about 6 years ago, when they played the beginning of "8 Mile" by Eminem at the beginning of the games. "Look, if you had, one shot, or one opportunity, to seize everything you everything you wanted, one moment, would you capture or just let it slip."

What about "Fight on Sioux" from the pep band? It worked 25 years ago. This is college, by the way.

Damned straight, damned straight. Non-stop Fight On Sioux for about three minutes before the team takes the ice.

Building in intensity. That's what the old arena needs. Someone oughta leave a wrench in the video boards.

"Fight On Sioux"? That isn't that gay a@# song they ALWAYS play at halftime during the Sioux football games is it? If it is than I'd have to say "HELL NO!" That is one GAYYYYY song they play EVERY FLIPPIN' TIME DURING THE HALF AT THE FOOTBALL GAMES!

How could Phil Collins not get you pumped up about hockey? It ranks up there with John Denver as probably the highest energy pump up songs of all time!

Do they really use the Phil Collins version? The NJ Devils used "In the Air Tonight" for a highlight video, but they used the Nonpoint version. Maybe they could switch to that version.

You can watch that Devils video here.

"Fight On Sioux"? That isn't that gay a@# song they ALWAYS play at halftime during the Sioux football games is it? If it is than I'd have to say "HELL NO!" That is one GAYYYYY song they play EVERY FLIPPIN' TIME DURING THE HALF AT THE FOOTBALL GAMES!

No, it is not a gay song. Whatever those are. The NDU Sioux have two of the greatest fight songs in all of the land.

One builds in intensity. Bum bum bum bum, bum bum bum bum, bum bum bum bum bum bum bum. A classic.

The other one is played at the period breaks. I don't know the name of either of them, but they are great great college fight songs. Probably including the one of which you complain as always being played at halftime.

Beats the heck out of any video board b.s.

Once the players come onto the ice and the crowd is trying to cheer and listen to introductions etc(7 min out or so), the "late" crowd pouring in is disruptive to that and personally, I find it annoying. But since I can't do anything about that or the people who insist on always arriving back late after intermission (never in groups but 1 at a time), or the same ones that leave early for every intermission, or leave with a few minutes left in the game, constantly disrupting the entire row and not making an effort to be there to cheer the team, or the ones who will make a bunch of people move for them instead of going out of the row the other direction where there is no one still sitting. I will just continue to suffer it.

***Can you tell I sit on the end of a row, no offense to catholics but by the end of a game I feel like I've been to church :lol:

I enjoy the Phil Collins song, but would like to see a little variety and maybe a little better flow or transition into the introductions, keep same rhythm (momentum) going instead of disrupting the energy with a different one.

my $.02

Once the players come onto the ice and the crowd is trying to cheer and listen to introductions etc(7 min out or so), the "late" crowd pouring in is disruptive to that and personally, I find it annoying. But since I can't do anything about that or the people who insist on always arriving back late after intermission (never in groups but 1 at a time), or the same ones that leave early for every intermission, or leave with a few minutes left in the game, constantly disrupting the entire row and not making an effort to be there to cheer the team, or the ones who will make a bunch of people move for them instead of going out of the row the other direction where there is no one still sitting. I will just continue to suffer it.

***Can you tell I sit on the end of a row, no offense to catholics but by the end of a game I feel like I've been to church :lol:

I enjoy the Phil Collins song, but would like to see a little variety and maybe a little better flow or transition into the introductions, keep same rhythm (momentum) going instead of disrupting the energy with a different one.

my $.02

found my holiday screensaver from your collection, thanks

fightingsiouxornaments.jpg

Just my .02, and not to stir the pot or nothin but...

"In the Air Tonight" before a hockey game is soft...

And I love the nice comfy seats at the Ralph, this way I don't have to stand up and cheer..."Sarcasm"

The late arriving crowd is annoying, but then again I get there 45 minutes early to watch warm-ups, and to get a HoneyWeiss w/an orange slice...

Go Sioux