SiouxSports.com Forum

Time for the Fire Hakstol thread

Goon

If he gets into two season and no Playoffs and poor finishes it will get dicey for him. I think we should at least wait till the season is over before we

call for his head. :lol:

I think Hak deserves more than one bad season before calling for his head... but then again, it doesn't matter to many here.

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Hak deserves more than one bad season before calling for his head... but then again, it doesn't matter to many here.

of course he does but the problem he is facing and its normal in sports is going to the frozen 4 four straight years with not 1 banner to show for it. its a double edge sword for him. there is plenty of season left to see what happens. hes not going anywhere. i have no problem with fans that are frusterated, especially after last weekends disaster anyone has the right to be and has the right to express that. sweep those beavs!!

Dean Blais was an epic evaluator of talent.

The recruits being mentioned: Oshie, Toews, Chorney, Lee were not needle ina hystack kind of finds from a recruiting perspective. They could've played basically anywhere. They signed with NoDak for Blais, facilities, exposure, development and program reputation. Hak was not part of the equation when they signed

IIRC Hak was associate head coach 01-02 & 02-03 seasons. He was handling most of the duties when Dean was taking care of his daughters illness. Most of the time the asst. coaches do the initial scouting & recommendations & the head coach makes the final evalutions & offers.

When Deans replacement was being looked for, the Hockey team alumni had a golf outing. Hak was a near unanimous (sp)

pick by these former players to take over for Dean. I would tend to agree with these guys opinions & not those of a the hockey experts on this board.

IIRC Hak was associate head coach 01-02 & 02-03 seasons. He was handling most of the duties when Dean was taking care of his daughters illness. Most of the time the asst. coaches do the initial scouting & recommendations & the head coach makes the final evalutions & offers.

When Deans replacement was being looked for, the Hockey team alumni had a golf outing. Hak was a near unanimous (sp)

pick by these former players to take over for Dean. I would tend to agree with these guys opinions & not those of a the hockey experts on this board.

wasnt it dean who hand picked hak as well ? thats who dean wanted and thought wold be best for the job. haks fine. lets just hope he gets this team going again soon. start it up vs those pesky beavers

wasnt it dean who hand picked hak as well ? thats who dean wanted and thought wold be best for the job. haks fine. lets just hope he gets this team going again soon. start it up vs those pesky beavers

I think Dean was delirious. Obviously, if Dean had been sane, he would have recommended himself to take over when he was done with the NHL. In the interim, UND would just go through Adecco staffing to fill the job. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
This is bull$hit hockey, you can't score with three guys below the goal line. I think Hak has run out of Blais recruits and now geez he doesn't know what to do, awful powerplay, can't score on 5 on 5. Time to change it up and Hak doesn't change a things especially his expression. They can't pass, can't score and can't play physical not a good combo. I hope Tim H reads this again and blasts me on the radio for it cause this just sucks. No fire in this team what so ever.

Do you still think Tim should blast you again?

Wow, no more excuses - this team has what it takes to win the big ones! Found it interesting that in both nights post game interviews Hak made it clear that the coaches stayed out of the locker rooms during the intermissions. If I am not mistaken, he stated that the team knew what it took to win and it was up to them. I think he may have been on to something. Perhaps the more the coaches stay away the better the team plays. Now I need to get a plyers to pry my tongue out of my cheek!

I think coach is exactlly that, a coach...

He may struggle early on figuring out lines and such, but there is something to these 2nd half run's!!!

Seeing as he has done it 4+ years now!!!

Go Sioux!!!

Rich T

My wife and I were watching the game on FSN replay last night after we got back from the arena and during the whole scrum, Hak just stood on the bench even keel. After watching the rantings by John Hill I thought it was a contrast in styles.

i dont get it, why should hakstal be fired. he's a good coach

It was a spoof, a way for fans to blow off steam. :D

:angry: Redwing77 game me this idea. :D

Actually I would like to fire a few players that failed to show up for this game. At the end of the game it showed Haksol and it looked like he was less than pleased with the effort tonight. Almost like he has a bad case of gas or indigestion. It would have been interesting to hear what he had to say after the game.

I see a bag em (leave the pucks in the bag practice coming soon)... These guys need a wake up call, they close to breaking out but they are not there yet.

Actually we can ruin this thread without ruling some of the other ones on this page.

It was a spoof, a way for fans to blow off steam. :D

:D Redwing77 game me this idea. :D

Actually I would like to fire a few players that failed to show up for this game. At the end of the game it showed Haksol and it looked like he was less than pleased with the effort tonight. Almost like he has a bad case of gas or indigestion. It would have been interesting to hear what he had to say after the game.

I see a bag em (leave the pucks in the bag practice coming soon)... These guys need a wake up call, they close to breaking out but they are not there yet.

Actually we can ruin this thread without ruling some of the other ones on this page.

yeah, they should fire stoa, that would be great :angry: