SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ CC TIGERS

AZSIOUX

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finley on for the intermission....

This has been a wild one. I can't believe how evenly matched it is. Special teams is definitly creating a lot of excitiment. Hextall penalty - was going hard to the net, didn't know the puck went in. Adam made a call, but you could see he tried to make up for that with the five on threes. There was a lot of traffic in front of Eidsness on Walskey's goals.... you could tell he didn't have a clue where it was coming from. These young guys (Dmen) are getting putting in the fire right away. It's only gonna pay dividends for us down the road. We'll go through some trying times, but you definintly figure it out by just being in there. Miller has done a great job, unfortunately I don't get the chance to get in there... I did practice with him last week. It's undenable that when he's bringing the puck up the ice he's thinking offense. He's doing the right things, he's got to keep working on his defense. He's also getting thrown in there on the power play and he's doing well. Chay and I looked at each other after Miller tried to take someone's head off and went "oh Millsy" if he continues to play the backend, look for more good things out of him.

Regarding the refs and make-up calls, I'd rather have Hextall in, than a PP. I'm still pissed ???

Without that, it is potentially a 4-3 (Sioux) game!! They called that penalty when the Sioux had the momentum! I hate when the refs make that much of a difference in any game.

On the CC website on their game tracker they have goal number four for CC credited to McCulloch and number five to Walsky, giving them two apiece. I know Tim H said something earlier about confusion over #4, does anyone know the official stats?

"Official stats" are often unclear for a while. Your best bet is to see what comes up on collegehockeystats at the end of the game, but even that gets revised now and then. (I can think of at least once last season).