SiouxSports.com Forum

Ed Schultz

GeauxSioux

Ed Schultz walks off live appearance on Fox News show

Well, it seems Ed Schultz didn't like how an interview was going on Fox and Friends, so he picked up his ball and went home. Classic. :ohmy:

Schultz, who has a local talk news program on Fargo's KFGO radio and a syndicated national program show, walked out of the camera's view in apparent disgust during the "Fox and Friends" program this morning after his comments were interrupted by conservative talk show host Steve Malzberg.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igoJWs7iDh0

Well, it seems Ed Schultz didn't like how an interview was going on Fox and Friends, so he picked up his ball and went home. Classic.

HILARIOUS! Best part was Ed walking off and his mic was still on when he went off camera and it was stretching (check it out!) He eventually ripped it (and probably ruined the mic) :ohmy:

That being said...all these talking head shows on cable shed WAY more heat than light. FoxNews is a JOKE and MSNBC is a joke as far as "journalism" goes. Edward R. Murrow is turning over in his grave right now :( It's about carnies and rubes now - it just depends who's walking down the midway at the moment... :(

HILARIOUS! Best part was Ed walking off and his mic was still on when he went off camera and it was stretching (check it out!) He eventually ripped it (and probably ruined the mic) :ohmy:

That being said...all these talking head shows on cable shed WAY more heat than light. FoxNews is a JOKE and MSNBC is a joke as far as "journalism" goes. Edward R. Murrow is turning over in his grave right now :( It's about carnies and rubes now - it just depends who's walking down the midway at the moment... :(

Fox News at least has one newsman, Brit Hume. The rest of it is "entertainment". MSNBC is purely a joke. I used to like Keith Olbermann when he was Dan Patrick's sidekick on ESPN. Now he just seems to be an "angry white man". Gone are true newsman like John Chancellor, Cronkite, Mudd, Brinkley, Murrow, Reasoner, et al. The "newsmen" began to editorialize instead of report. Their opinions became "the news", sadly.

Fox News at least has one newsman, Brit Hume. The rest of it is "entertainment". MSNBC is purely a joke. I used to like Keith Olbermann when he was Dan Patrick's sidekick on ESPN. Now he just seems to be an "angry white man". Gone are true newsman like John Chancellor, Cronkite, Mudd, Brinkley, Murrow, Reasoner, et al. The "newsmen" began to editorialize instead of report. Their opinions became "the news", sadly.

I also like Chris Wallace, who hosts Fox News Sunday. He asks tough, no-nonesense questions of both Republicans and Democrats. Tim Russert's passing was a big blow to legitimate journalism. Same with Peter Jennings. Fox and Friends is just sickening to watch. A bunch of well-dressed, passive-agressive talking heads who probably can't stand each other off camera. Thank God I am not a morning person and can't even get up early enough to watch it.

Well, it seems Ed Schultz didn't like how an interview was going on Fox and Friends, so he picked up his ball and went home. Classic. :ohmy:

Yeah maybe Ed should stick to his radio show where he can screen the calls and just hang up on people with a different point of view.

That's just the point of the small business tax break, to protect the little guys (mom & pop type businesses) from the big corporate monsters with bottomless pockets.

You mean businesses with a successful business plan that have earned their money... right.

That's just the point of the small business tax break, to protect the little guys (mom & pop type businesses) from the big corporate monsters with bottomless pockets.
I think as you should have seen in the past few months, the "monsters" do not have bottomless pockets.

The intent is to provide enough relief to the little guys to prevent the corporate giants from running them out of business. Not really sure how it will all work out in the end, but I believe that is the intent.

I work for a small company (less than 50 employees). The Obama tax plan will raise taxes on our business. It will also raise taxes on our competition who is a huge worldwide corporation, but who do you think Obama's tax increase is going to impact more? That's right the small corporation is going to get hit harder. Layoffs will happen. Unemployment goes up. Tax revenues go down. Raising taxes in an effort to "share the wealth" just doesn't make sense

I saw an interview with T. Boone Pickens recently. Pickens said that raising taxes in this economic environment was not wise.

Raising taxes on ANYONE in today's economic climate is insanity. Look back through our economic history. Whenever times get bad, taxes are cut to stimulate growth, they are not raised, and for good reason. Even if an individual or business can afford the increase, it is another economic disincentive to expand your business, another increase on the cost side of the ledger. This is also why, if my fellow voters in MN approve the constitutional amendment to increase taxes to fund the arts and outdoors projects, I will laugh in the face of anyone who tries to tell me just how bad the economy is in MN right now. If you are willing to raise taxes, you are not worrying too much about paying for your cable TV and dining out.

This thread is entertaining.

Ed Schultz is a putz. He is about as likeable as Rush Limbaugh. However, nowadays, more people are apt to give Eddiepoo a pass because it's in to hate Republicans or Conservative beliefs.

Ed IS the democrat version of Rush except I'd argue that Rush has a bit more personality and a little more of a sense of humor. Both are equally off the deep end when it comes to their political beliefs though.

But now Eddiepoo can't complain about republicans not wanting to hear differences of opinion. They brought him in and when a difference of opinion was voiced, he took a walk.

There is no such thing as objectivity in news any longer. Objectivity is bland and boring. Boring doesn't make ratings. So, they "spice it up." Foxnews gets ridiculed because their spin is different from CNN's, whose news is still somehow the Gold Standard. It doesn't help that Murdoch is a psychopath either. Turner, by the way, is no angel either.

Foxnews won't do what CNN and MSNBC have done: embraced Obama as the great hope. Yeah, the only thing left for CNN and MSNBC is a downright endorsement.

Likewise, I'm sure there is plenty to point Foxnews as being pro-McCain.

In any case, I'm sure the election will reflect the pandering.

I still don't know who I'm going to vote for because I have no idea who is telling the truth and what the candidates truly believe in. The media spins what is said to suit their own needs.

I watch the local news now.

Ed Schultz is a putz. He is about as likeable as Rush Limbaugh. However, nowadays, more people are apt to give Eddiepoo a pass because it's in to hate Republicans or Conservative beliefs.

Ed IS the democrat version of Rush except I'd argue that Rush has a bit more personality and a little more of a sense of humor. Both are equally off the deep end when it comes to their political beliefs though.

But now Eddiepoo can't complain about republicans not wanting to hear differences of opinion. They brought him in and when a difference of opinion was voiced, he took a walk.

There is no such thing as objectivity in news any longer. Objectivity is bland and boring. Boring doesn't make ratings. So, they "spice it up." Foxnews gets ridiculed because their spin is different from CNN's, whose news is still somehow the Gold Standard. It doesn't help that Murdoch is a psychopath either. Turner, by the way, is no angel either.

Foxnews won't do what CNN and MSNBC have done: embraced Obama as the great hope. Yeah, the only thing left for CNN and MSNBC is a downright endorsement.

I still don't know who I'm going to vote for because I have no idea who is telling the truth and what the candidates truly believe in. The media spins what is said to suit their own needs.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Ted Turner has anything to do with CNN anymore. It's run by the corporate suits at Time Warner. That's the biggest problem with the media right now, too much corporate ownership and influence.

You're right, but I don't know if "in" is the most accurate word to put into that context. I would say "rational" or "practical", but maybe that's just me. If Obama wins the election, I'll be reassured that it isn't just me. :D

It definitely is just you. If you don't think it's "in" to not be republican or a conservative, you must not have watched the news lately.

Like Redwing said, I'm just waiting for CNN, MSNBC, and the New York Times to issue their ringing endorsements for Obama.

Whatever happend for newspapers and news channels to being non-partisan now-a-days?

Raising taxes on ANYONE in today's economic climate is insanity. Look back through our economic history. Whenever times get bad, taxes are cut to stimulate growth, they are not raised, and for good reason. Even if an individual or business can afford the increase, it is another economic disincentive to expand your business, another increase on the cost side of the ledger. This is also why, if my fellow voters in MN approve the constitutional amendment to increase taxes to fund the arts and outdoors projects, I will laugh in the face of anyone who tries to tell me just how bad the economy is in MN right now. If you are willing to raise taxes, you are not worrying too much about paying for your cable TV and dining out.

I just read an article in the Duluth News Tribune about this constitutional amendment. I've heard about it before, but researched it more today. Raising taxes in MN by just a little less than 4 cents on every $10(proposed) may not seem like a lot to the common person. But like you said, raising taxes for anything right now would be rediculous.

You mean businesses with a successful business plan that have earned their money... right.

What is funny is the dems are trying to redistribution of wealth as a tax break. 95% of the people in America are not going to get a tax break.

That is a lie. 1/3 of the people in the country pay no income tax, you would actually be stealing money from the successful and giving to someone that didn't earn it and doesn't deserve it. It is called marxism or Lenin would be proud.

I just read an article in the Duluth News Tribune about this constitutional amendment. I've heard about it before, but researched it more today. Raising taxes in MN by just a little less than 4 cents on every $10(proposed) may not seem like a lot to the common person. But like you said, raising taxes for anything right now would be rediculous.

I also chuckle when someone gives me the argument that it seems like such a small amount. Think of it this way...if the amount were small, would they be spending additional money on an ad campaign to sell the taxpayers on the idea, or would they just raise the money to pay for the arts/outdoors project themselves? It's a helluva lot of money, so much so they would rather spend the time, money, and man hours promoting a constitutional amendment to taxpayer fund it.

What is funny is the dems are trying to redistribution of wealth as a tax break. 95% of the people in America are not going to get a tax break.

That is a lie. 1/3 of the people in the country pay no income tax, you would actually be stealing money from the successful and giving to someone that didn't earn it and doesn't deserve it. It is called marxism or Lenin would be proud.

Actually, it is over 40% that don't pay taxes.

Fact check: Would Obama raise taxes on some to cover tax credits for others?

The Statement:

At a campaign stop Sunday, October 19, in Westerville, Ohio, Sen. John McCain cited Sen. Barack Obama's promise to "cut income taxes for 95 percent of Americans. You might ask, 'How do you cut income taxes for 95 percent of Americans when more than 40 percent pay no federal income taxes right now?'

Just wondering what the H** Eddie thought would happen when he went on the show?

Usually Eddie goes on these shows and it's the fact that he is an intellectual lightweight that results in him being made to look like a total d-bag. This time he apparently decided to beat them to the punch and make a total d-bag out of himself with very little help?

That is a lie. 1/3 of the people in the country pay no income tax, you would actually be stealing money from the successful and giving to someone that didn't earn it and doesn't deserve it. It is called marxism or Lenin would be proud.Goon, are right on.

My kid has a cell phone and she likes McCain. Inside joke to you trolls.