SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ MAVERICKS

AZSIOUX

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is frustrating, to be sure... But it's where you end the season, not where you begin. Is the McNaughton really the ultimate prize? Or is #8??

#8 ain't gonna happen this year. It has nothing to do with being 0-3 but this team is not a national championship team.

I was unable to watch tonight's game, but I watched both games last weeekend, and it sounds like more of the same. This year's Sioux team is flat out terrible. We've scored 4 goals: Miller, Martens, Watkins and Genoway. Where are Vande and Duncs and Kozek and trupp and Grgoire and Toews and Frattin??? Where are they?

We have a non-existent powerplay, pilons for defensemen, a terrible breakout, and weak goaltending. Not to mention our forward lines are not firing at all.

It is time for a big time change. I make a statement tomorrow night. I bench some players. For the first time since the mid 90's, I'm embarrassed to fly a Sioux hockey banner.

Lapoint: cut

Malone: cut

Fienhage: USHL

VV: benched

I am being ridiculous, but seriously guys, GET IT TOGETHER.

I am starting to believe what everyone said about Duncan being entirely a product of Oshie and Toews.

Here's what is scary, I watched part of the Gopher SCSU game, and both of those teams look like they'd outskate us and then take our sisters out for a lobster dinner.

Shots ar e ajoke stat, we outshot UMass too, but I saw the quality of shots we were taking. We look like a bunch of ice mites.

Hak=Woog

We had the teams with the talent. This is not one of them.

Amazing how quickly so many are giving up on this team. Pretty annoying. Maybe it will turn out to be a crappy year but 3 games in seems a little soon to give up on an entire season. Maybe the Sioux should pull a Blackhawk's move and fire Hak after the first 3 games of the season like they fired Savard after the first 3 games.....

I was unable to watch tonight's game, but I watched both games last weeekend, and it sounds like more of the same. This year's Sioux team is flat out terrible. We've scored 4 goals: Miller, Martens, Watkins and Genoway. Where are Vande and Duncs and Kozek and trupp and Grgoire and Toews and Frattin??? Where are they?

We have a non-existent powerplay, pilons for defensemen, a terrible breakout, and weak goaltending. Not to mention our forward lines are not firing at all.

It is time for a big time change. I make a statement tomorrow night. I bench some players. For the first time since the mid 90's, I'm embarrassed to fly a Sioux hockey banner.

Lapoint: cut

Malone: cut

Fienhage: USHL

VV: benched

I am being ridiculous, but seriously guys, GET IT TOGETHER.

I am starting to believe what everyone said about Duncan being entirely a product of Oshie and Toews.

Here's what is scary, I watched part of the Gopher SCSU game, and both of those teams look like they'd outskate us and then take our sisters out for a lobster dinner.

Shots ar e ajoke stat, we outshot UMass too, but I saw the quality of shots we were taking. We look like a bunch of ice mites.

Hak=Woog

We had the teams with the talent. This is not one of them.

I get your point... but sadly we can't bench any of the d-men tomorrow... if any of them should be benched it should be lapoint. fienhage did a lot more good in his games he's played this season than lapoint has from what i hear on the radio. Accept the loss and move on to the next game. And honestly, if you didn't watch the game in person, I don't think any of us should be judging. We've got a long season ahead of us if many of us decide to keep that negative attitude. I recommend leaving now if that's the case as it is a long season. I'm staying put... i think there's a lot more fight left in the boys... we just need to see it. Here's to a split tomorrow...

Amazing how quickly so many are giving up on this team. Pretty annoying. Maybe it will turn out to be a crappy year but 3 games in seems a little soon to give up on an entire season. Maybe the Sioux should pull a Blackhawk's move and fire Hak after the first 3 games of the season like they fired Savard after the first 3 games.....

I am not going there but this team has no goaltending...Walski is NOT a starting gaoalie in the WCHA and Eidsness is raw as can be. We lose tomorrow and we will be 0-6 to start the season. Even the best Sioux teams have struggled at CC.

I am not going there but this team has no goaltending...Walski is NOT a starting gaoalie in the WCHA and Eidsness is raw as can be. We lose tomorrow and we will be 0-6 to start the season. Even the best Sioux teams have struggled at CC.

We can't be 0-6 at CC until we get swept by WISCO at home and that hasn't happened yet. I think we should stop thinking ahead so much and worry about the game tomorrow.

And I'm starting to agree about goaltending. At this point I'm willing to give harrington a shot if the other two can't seem to get the job done. That or let's go out and find a brick wall and disguise it as a goalie. (haha)

Time will tell..... Seems like scoring is a bigger problem than goaltending. We outshoot UMass more than 2 to 1 and same with MSU and lose. We haven't had super strong goaltending the past few years and have always lost games when we haven't put the puck in the net. That is what is happening right now. 4 goals in 3 games doesn't cut it. Goaltending will come around. Eidsness didn't get the MVP of the Alberta league for nothing. Maybe we will suck in the end but I think it is funny to hear people talking like we are in the last 1/4 of the season already! If we do suck this year at least we are sucking early so we don't get our hopes up instead of sucking at the Frozen Four....... :-)