SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ MSU MAVERICKS

AZSIOUX

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They only won three of their first twleve games. They tied five, won three, and lost three. The stat from that link is a little misleading since they were actually at .500 at Thanksgiving time.

Very Close. They tied 5, won 3 and lost 4. (courtesy of Collegehockeystats.net)

"Neither of the last two national champions were above .500 at Thanksgiving time. Fact. Boston College won only three of its first 12 games last season (beat Merrimack twice and RPI once). The Eagles tied Merrimack and lost to UMass and Northeastern heading into the Thanksgiving break. They turned out to be a pretty good team...."

Reading comprehesion is a good thing. BC likely would not have even made the NCAAs if they were 3-12. Much different sitting at 6-4-5 after 15 games.

The point being made is teams like UND, Wisconsin, and Minnesota have lost a lot of high-end talent over the last few years and that contributes to some early season woes. Hang in there, these teams will be very good as the season moves along.

normally the game would have been shown only in Mankato and southern MN but Charter last year started showing the games across the state on the charter channel. Duluth games (and some mankato games) were showing up on Mediacomm too. Comcast (which is pretty much the twin cities and western metro) started showing the games late last year

Comcast (which is pretty much the twin cities and western metro) started showing the games late last year

I live in the south metro and have dish network. I understand this charter channel is a cable deal so I will not be able to recieve the broadcast at home. Does anyone know of a sports bar that has cable as their television provider? The couple of bars that I frequent use satelite(DishN or DirecTV).

The point being made is teams like UND, Wisconsin, and Minnesota have lost a lot of high-end talent over the last few years and that contributes to some early season woes. Hang in there, these teams will be very good as the season moves along.

Amen, brother. As my mother (and Brad Schlossman :glare: ) always said, "Patience is a virtue."

There is a thread titles Roadtrip planning, but I wanted to ask here. Many bars have been named as places to hangout before the game. Is there one that people have heard as the consensus? BWW is fun, but is BlueBricks better?

We only made it down for the Saturday game last year but hit up Blue Bricks and Pub 500 (one before and one after) both were pretty good. Since we will be down for both games this year maybe we will stop by B-Dubs at some point. Bottom line, there isn't really a bad place to go and everything is right next to the arena. If you were to drop The Ralph in downtown Grand Forks it would be similar to how Mankato is set up. It was a ton of fun last year and I am hoping this year will be the same!

Go Sioux!

Anyone know if these games might be uplinked through a satellite.

Sprig.. PSB help? Give me some good news I wanna test my new dish...

Nope, you won't find these on your new system, but you can try it out for the football game on Saturday afternoon. That will be on FSSN.

normally the game would have been shown only in Mankato and southern MN but Charter last year started showing the games across the state on the charter channel. Duluth games (and some mankato games) were showing up on Mediacomm too. Comcast (which is pretty much the twin cities and western metro) started showing the games late last year

I saw some of these games on my Comcast cable setup last year but in checking Comcast's schedule I am not finding a listing for Friday night. Anyone have an idea of which channel this will be showing on Comcast's lineup?

I saw some of these games on my Comcast cable setup last year but in checking Comcast's schedule I am not finding a listing for Friday night. Anyone have an idea of which channel this will be showing on Comcast's lineup?

Looking back it looks like it was on channel 23 in the past and that slot is open on Comcast regular cable, so I'd guess there is a good chance that is the correct channel again this year. Nothing shows on the Comcast schedule but "local origination" so hopefully that's a good sign.

Looking back it looks like it was on channel 23 in the past and that slot is open on Comcast regular cable, so I'd guess there is a good chance that is the correct channel again this year. Nothing shows on the Comcast schedule but "local origination" so hopefully that's a good sign.

Comcast St. Paul Ch 13

WCHA Hockey Fri/Sat night at 7 pm

I believe Fri it is UMTC at SCSU - Sat UND at MSM

anyone listen to the coaches show last night?

they have changed the fightingsioux.com subscribers access i think as i cant get that without a preimium membership. i wll get one before the sioux have their first home series or am i doing something wrong not to be able to get radio??

per brad.......

http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/

Coach Dave Hakstol said lineups had not been determined yet. Lines and power-play units have been juggled at practice during the week. David Toews has been practicing. His availability has not been determined yet, though.

Hakstol mentioned that there was someone else nicked up and questionable. We'll see who is in the lineup Friday.

anyone listen to the coaches show last night?

they have changed the fightingsioux.com subscribers access i think as i cant get that without a preimium membership. i wll get one before the sioux have their first home series or am i doing something wrong not to be able to get radio??

I had to resubscribe to free radio last weekend; last year's logon didn't work.