SiouxSports.com Forum

The Ralph to Display Tribal Flags

GeauxSioux

Come on we're not a bunch of ignoramous'. The tribe flag hangs on almost all entities on the rez. You should come to the rez sometime you'll find out.

Recently, enrolled members of Standing Rock and Spirit Lake asked REA if they would display the flags. REA said "yes". On Sunday, be sure to get out to The Ralph as there is going to be a very large contingent from both reservations on hand for the ceremony. It should be awesome and educational!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on we're not a bunch of ignoramous'. The tribe flag hangs on almost all entities on the rez. You should come to the rez sometime you'll find out.

Is "the rez" really a term that one should be throwing around? I have always believed that to be a derogatory term.

Recently, enrolled members of Standing Rock and Spirit Lake asked REA if they would display the flags. REA said "yes". On Sunday, be sure to get out to The Ralph as there is going to be a very large contingent from both reservations on hand for the ceremony. It should be awesome and educational!

I will be there, and agree that it will be very awesome and educational.

Recently, enrolled members of Standing Rock and Spirit Lake asked REA if they would display the flags. REA said "yes".

As I read the article this is the scenario that made the most sense to me. Absolutely REA would look like they are grasping at straws if they just decided to hang the flags on their own. But from what I read it sounded like there will be a ceremony with tribal members participating. This strikes me much more like some internal tribal politicking than an underhanded move by REA/UND.

If your'e suggesting DL put that up at no cost to the SLT you are wrong, sir. The SLT paid their share for it.

First, Siouxmama is female, so sir would be the wrong salutation. She has explained many times that she is originally from the DL area. My guess is that her question was more about whether you thought it appropriate for the SLT "landmark" to be put up in town at that major intersection rather than having anything to do with who paid for it.

As I read the article this is the scenario that made the most sense to me. Absolutely REA would look like they are grasping at straws if they just decided to hang the flags on their own. But from what I read it sounded like there will be a ceremony with tribal members participating. This strikes me much more like some internal tribal politicking than an underhanded move by REA/UND.

I had asked earlier and was still wondering if anyone knew that the native signers and drummers would be members from the Standing Rock and/or Spirit Lake tribes? Could the tribe themselves (RHHT, leaders, etc.) put a stop to that? I suppose if they couldn't, they would probably just state that they are not actually representing the tribe(s).

Thanks.

I had asked earlier and was still wondering if anyone knew that the native signers and drummers would be members from the Standing Rock and/or Spirit Lake tribes? Could the tribe themselves (RHHT, leaders, etc.) put a stop to that? I suppose if they couldn't, they would probably just state that they are not actually representing the tribe(s).

Thanks.

None of the individuals who will be attending this propanganda show will be acting as an official of the SLT.

None of the individuals who will be attending this propanganda show will be acting as an official of the SLT.

You're right, those attending from the res will be those who aren't being brainwashed by tribal "leaders" and actually feel the REA and UND are doing the right thing here. Now we all know where your stance is on this situation, but frankly your stance and the one of Ronnie Horse Is Thunder is not what everyone on the res feels or agrees with.

You're right, those attending from the res will be those who aren't being brainwashed by tribal "leaders" and actually feel the REA and UND are doing the right thing here. Now we all know where your stance is on this situation, but frankly your stance and the one of Ronnie Horse Is Thunder is not what everyone on the res feels or agrees with.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You sleigh me!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You sleigh me!

Why is that? Because we disagree and you know I'm right in the fact that not ALL NAs agree with you and Ronnie on this issue? Ronnie and the other "tribal leaders" are the ND NA version of Sharpton and Jackson to the black community in this country. Does the word enablers strike a nerve??

Why is that? Because we disagree and you know I'm right in the fact that not ALL NAs agree with you and Ronnie on this issue? Ronnie and the other "tribal leaders" are the ND NA version of Sharpton and Jackson to the black community in this country. Does the word enablers strike a nerve??

Of course they don't all agree with me and I never claimed they did. It's just funny that just because someone disagrees with your stance on the nickname then they are "brainwashed".

Of course they don't all agree with me and I never claimed they did. It's just funny that just because someone disagrees with your stance on the nickname then they are "brainwashed".
It's funny that when they disagree with you, you say they are taking part in propaganda. Ever get tired of playing that race card? It would seem you are overplaying your hand, especially since a black man - a questionably qualified one at that - is very likely to win the highest political office in the country, if not the world.

So what do you call it when "leaders", with a certain agenda, try to sway the thought process of their own people towards that agenda, especially when the majority of their own people don't agree with the agenda?

So what do you call it when "leaders", with a certain agenda, try to sway the thought process of their own people towards that agenda, especially when the majority of their own people don't agree with the agenda?

Exactly. LET THE PEOPLE SPEAK!!!! END THE DICTATORSHIP THAT IS RON McNEIL (his horse is thunder) and MYRA PEARSON!

So if that is the case; why are the tribal councils speaking for all Native Americans on the two reservations we need approval for to keep the Fighting Sioux name? Seems kind of odd we would give so few the power to speak for many.

So if that is the case; why are the tribal councils speaking for all Native Americans on the two reservations we need approval for to keep the Fighting Sioux name? Seems kind of odd we would give so few the power to speak for many.

I guess it's better to label people who appreciate the nickname and want to retain it as "racists." If the use of the nickname is, in fact, "racist" why do most of the natives approve of it and why is Ron McNeil afraid to have a reservation-wide vote which, according to him, would affirm that position? Answer: the nickname is not "racist" and Ron McNeil and various PC college professors have some ax to grind against white people. So, will the real racists please stand up and be recognized?

I guess it's better to label people who appreciate the nickname and want to retain it as "racists." If the use of the nickname is, in fact, "racist" why do most of the natives approve of it and why is Ron McNeil afraid to have a reservation-wide vote which, according to him, would affirm that position? Answer: the nickname is not "racist" and Ron McNeil and various PC college professors have some ax to grind against white people. So, will the real racists please stand up and be recognized?

Why not have a vote? What is Ron affraid of? Heck if they voted it down, I would respect that.

You're operating off of an assumption. Remember, there has been no official vote by the PEOPLE of the reservations, only the tribal councils, the NA media members, and the UND internal agendists. All of them amassed may constitute perhaps 1% of the NA community that is claimed as directly affected.

There won't be a vote because the tribal leaders are afraid that the majority of their constituents will either not care either way or vote against their declarations.

We don't know what they think and we won't know. They aren't afraid of altering whatever they wish to make their point, thus calling into question the integrity of any such vote before it even starts. Also consider that any non-NA third party running any sort of election will have its results automatically non-recognized by the NA tribal councils as racist should the results not be what they believe in.

So, right now we have the pro-nicknamers saying that the majority of NA Sioux either approve or are apathetic towards the nickname and the pro-changers are claiming the opposite.

Neither side knows for sure.

So, right now we have the pro-nicknamers saying that the majority of NA Sioux either approve or are apathetic towards the nickname and the pro-changers are claiming the opposite.

Neither side knows for sure.

All the more reason to have a vote. Lets settle it.